Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2017 Camaro Fest (VII)


BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2017, 02:43 PM   #29
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros
 
Evil-Bee-NH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 6,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
We will not have 2 V6 classes unless enough show up. Stock is stock. Headers, tune and more go in the modified. If we split them up.

And YES there will be a V6 and an I4 class.
Haha good man. Maybe us I4's can have fun running with the V6's if time and attendance allows.
__________________

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.737s @ 106MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:55 PM   #30
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 34,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Haha good man. Maybe us I4's can have fun running with the V6's if time and attendance allows.
Absolutely.... FUN is what this is all about. There will be plenty of time to line up against anyone you want.

Test and Tune sessions (practice) will go on and off all day long so you can get lots of runs. Especially on Friday. Saturday afternoon is Eliminations and there will still be opportunity. If the final races get over early then the track is again wide open.

Bottom line is have fun and learn your car. This is not big time serious racing except maybe for a couple of classes. It's a learning experience for most.

1st time Drag Strip runs are highly encouraged. THIS is the place to do it among friends who can give good advice.

__________________
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 04:03 PM   #31
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros
 
Evil-Bee-NH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 6,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Absolutely.... FUN is what this is all about. There will be plenty of time to line up against anyone you want.

Test and Tune sessions (practice) will go on and off all day long so you can get lots of runs. Especially on Friday. Saturday afternoon is Eliminations and there will still be opportunity. If the final races get over early then the track is again wide open.

Bottom line is have fun and learn your car. This is not big time serious racing except maybe for a couple of classes. It's a learning experience for most.

1st time Drag Strip runs are highly encouraged. THIS is the place to do it among friends who can give good advice.

A question I had stemming from the posts I read about last Fest is I bought into both the 2-day racer and show'n'shine are we allowed to park our cars at our show'n'shine spot in between runs for the day and how well will the class announcing be I heard lot of people got frustrated not hearing their class called.
__________________

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.737s @ 106MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 04:32 PM   #32
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 34,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
A question I had stemming from the posts I read about last Fest is I bought into both the 2-day racer and show'n'shine are we allowed to park our cars at our show'n'shine spot in between runs for the day and how well will the class announcing be I heard lot of people got frustrated not hearing their class called.
Yes, you will have your spot to park in and yes it is hard to hear but we hope to remedy some of that with different locations and most of all a drivers meeting each morning to let everyone know how it will go so they are ready.

I have no idea how someone can drag race and then do a car show but I know you all work hard at it. LOL
__________________
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:33 PM   #33
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros
 
Evil-Bee-NH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 6,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Yes, you will have your spot to park in and yes it is hard to hear but we hope to remedy some of that with different locations and most of all a drivers meeting each morning to let everyone know how it will go so they are ready.

I have no idea how someone can drag race and then do a car show but I know you all work hard at it. LOL
LOL, it's fun but mostly the car show spot is so I can park next to my guys and chill.
__________________

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.737s @ 106MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:37 PM   #34
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 34,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
LOL, it's fun but mostly the car show spot is so I can park next to my guys and chill.
I knew we should have charged more for those...
__________________
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:39 PM   #35
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail
 
Ace0751's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Northeast, OH
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I knew we should have charged more for those...
Hidden fee!!!
__________________
Roto-Fab CAI, Borla ATAK Exhaust System, Stainless Power Headers, RX Performance Catch Can, ACS T4 Splitter, Oracle side markers, Dyno Tuned by RDP Motorsports
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:55 PM   #36
etmx183

 
etmx183's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Haha good man. Maybe us I4's can have fun running with the V6's if time and attendance allows.
I'm always up for a fun run. I'd be happy to line up with an I4 Those already amaze me on how fast they are. Glad to see some coming out.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:55 PM   #37
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros
 
Evil-Bee-NH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 6,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
I'm always up for a fun run. I'd be happy to line up with an I4 Those already amaze me on how fast they are. Glad to see some coming out.
It's a deal then. I don't expect to be amazing I haven't dragged in over 5 years now and even then only once before with my bone stock 2011 2LS Camaro. But every experience can and will improve my abilities I spose and what better place to learn then at a friendly all Camaro event.
__________________

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.737s @ 106MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:56 PM   #38
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros
 
Evil-Bee-NH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 6,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I knew we should have charged more for those...
LOL, happy I got in beforehand now lol. Nah I just wanna park with the other 4 guys i'm coming down with plus whoever else. I feel safer leaving my excess gear with them then in a random spot.
__________________

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.737s @ 106MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:18 PM   #39
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 16,076
Guess I'll be hanging with my racing friends this year.
__________________
RubyCamaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:58 AM   #40
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"
 
hrpiii's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indy
Posts: 7,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Guess I'll be hanging with my racing friends this year.
Yes you will.
__________________
BMR Suspension, SLPTVS2300, GFORCE Driveshaft & HalfShafts, Kooks with cutouts and other fun things.
hrpiii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:45 AM   #41
Rdunn
Really, Really Fast
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 686
Question,

At the top of the post it says "any camaro for unlimited"

but in the discription for unlimited, it says its only for 5th gen camaros with IRS.
__________________
Procharger F1X, TH400, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning, 1300whp
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:04 PM   #42
etmx183

 
etmx183's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 1,635
Alright a friendly fun run, look forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
It's a deal then. I don't expect to be amazing I haven't dragged in over 5 years now and even then only once before with my bone stock 2011 2LS Camaro. But every experience can and will improve my abilities I spose and what better place to learn then at a friendly all Camaro event.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.