Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-05-2019, 07:14 AM   #1
Skyjogger

Drives: Colorado ZR2 (2.8 DIESEL) Camaro SS
PDR causing infotainment to go black

So this is strange went to pick up my car and while going through delivery with person at dealership. I pushed the PDR button to just see since it's a new car. Big mistake it locked down the infortainment system and had to have the car what the tech called global reset. He claimed he had to disconnect battery and touch cables together or something I honestly am not sure what he did.

Anyway fast forward a day I've driven now 700 miles and decided maybe it did that because I hadn't setup OnStar and didn't have a SD card in the car. So I pick up an SD card plug it in and when I punch the PDR button infotainment goes black again. Restarting car punching buttons nothing works I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on. I did figure out how to fix it by hooking up my phone via Android auto and putting car into reverse.

If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong or has seen this issue please help as my second option is dealership in my town 700 miles from one j picked it up at.
Skyjogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 07:45 AM   #2
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
You are not doing anything wrong, there is something wrong with the PDR or the Infotainment system or the HMI module that runs it.

Back when the PDR 1st came out there was a couple of cars the camera cable for the PDR up by the rearview mirror didnt get plugged in fully. If you want to check that yourself I would start there, if not the car is under warranty take it back to the dealer.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:44 PM   #3
Skyjogger

So dropped it off at dealership this morning and they have no idea they have checked the cable connection and everything else I'm waiting to hear back from them. They are going to call gm and get a tech or something on the phone I think to remote in and see what they can do. Kinda discerning on a brand new car to have a 1300 dollar option not working.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:04 PM   #4
Coat-This

Drives: 2019 ZL1, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyjogger View Post
So dropped it off at dealership this morning and they have no idea they have checked the cable connection and everything else I'm waiting to hear back from them. They are going to call gm and get a tech or something on the phone I think to remote in and see what they can do. Kinda discerning on a brand new car to have a 1300 dollar option not working.
What ever happened with your PDR??? My 19 is doing the same thing. The battery trick didn't do squat for mine. Is it an update????
Old 09-24-2019, 03:02 PM   #5
Skyjogger

Sorry I never updated this with info let me start by clarifying the situation.

I purchased my car out of state from a High Volume chevy dealer. I was cautioned not to do this by my local dealer as they told me that High Volume dealers almost never follow the proper PDI procedures. I'm not going to get into a debate about that as it doesn't matter now.

The car sat at the Dealer being repaired for 2 Months and took that long to get it all fixed. They had to rewire to and from the PDR and to and from the Memory card reader. They also replaced the PDR computer or maybe the computer that controls the PDR I dont know.

I was told by my local dealer that there is a super secret bulletin that chevy uses sometimes during PDI so as not to have a public issue and this was one of those things that bulliten would have covered if the Selling dealership had done a proper PDI. Im not accusing anyone of anything I have no idea whos at fault but the day I bought the car this issue was identified and I would think testing PDR on a optioned car would be part of PDI but maybe I'm wrong.

anyway I hope this info helps or doesn't help my advice before leaving the lot though is test your PDR and make sure it works properly so your car doesn't spend 2 months at a chevy dealership getting basically everything rewired.

To top it all off I have a wrinkle in my Hoodwrap and I was told because the Climate I live in they will not replace the wrap.