Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #15
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
Any of you ride a bike for exercise? I find it's great cardio, and great for the legs and butt too. Of course this time of year it's kind of chilly outside for bike riding.
Only bike I ever do is the stationary bike. If I am exercising outside, I am running or doing squadron PT. That being said, I should start looking into getting a bike...all this running is gonna wear on my joints and I'm not getting any younger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Its a workout camp, It will be great, I've been following a monthly guide and this gives me a chance to see if I'm diong all the workouts the right way, and i will attend a posing class too and this will really help the way I walk and stand on stage, the pros will be there to help and coach us, I need this so much, thats great you have a workout room, Ive slowly been building mine over the past couple of years, I still need some equipment at the gym though, but I can atleast stay home some of the time which really helps!!!

Thats awesome girl! Can't wait to here all about this goal you have! big time respect to you!!
I initially started out with the idea of running at least a half marathon every month then came to the realization that it just isn't feasible with my schedule and pocketbook (drop $500 easily in one race weekend). All I know is I have Baton Rouge in Jan, Orlando FL in Feb, Dallas TX in March and want to run the USMC Marathon in Washington DC in October. Other than that, we will see what my schedule and pocketbook allow! But, that is at least 4 more "states" checked off!!

Your workout camp sounds really awesome!! Especially the posing class!! 2012 is gonna be your year girl!! Can't wait to see ya!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #16
Bonnie
Bonfyre

Drives: C6, 2005 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar'n'spice View Post
Ok....so I would like to lose 7 pounds by the end of this month, what are my odds if I'm good ?

Less restaurant foods will help a lot...I know...
I cooked all and was very careful when I lost that 31 lbs.
You can do it Joeanne, we will be here to support you and help cheer you on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
That's awesome! I bet you'll have so much fun! I'm glad they have the posing lessons too! I know how bad you've been wanting them.

Yeah we need a bigger tv in the gym so we can do Insanity and P90X and then we have the bowflex, stationary bike, bike trainer, treadmill, and we are getting a stair climber.
I have a stirclimber, its the best cardio workout for your legs and butt! lol Its awesome, I want to get a cybex arc trainer, its supposed to be even better than the stairclimber, I figure with my stair climber and arc trainer, I'll have a butt sent straight from the gods! lmao!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #17
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
My hat is off to you... Truely. I have gret respect for runners, that takes a strong mind set. I love working out but I can not run, just kills my chest. I'm sure I could build up to it if I was consistent but I've never been able to run more than 5 minutes at a time.
Thanks BB. I actually used to DESPISE running!! But, about 10 years ago, I was deployed in Saudi Arabia and the stair steppers and bikes were always taken, so I reluctantly got on the treadmill. Out of no where I just fell in love with running and have been doing it ever since!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #18
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I'm in again. I put on a few lbs over the holidays & they have got to Goooooooooo! I will continue my dance exercize class (or as one of my C5 friends has dubbed it my "dance-your-azz-off class") 2-3 days a week, protien/fruit shake and stretch & light exercizes in the mornings and plan to add more strength training/muscle mass building activities. I will not be happy until this tummy completely goes away!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #19
sugar'n'spice

Drives: .
Quote:
Love the new thread BB, we all have different goals and I'm very excited to start the new year focused on achieving them, I've been staying with my diet and working out all through the holidays but I will admit, this month was a challenge to stay on track with the diet part! lol Getting back to being really scrict starting tomorrow, I need to get in really lean shape for bombshell super boot camp in Tampa Feb. 10th - 13th, so thats my big focus right now and also hoping to compete in april and may! WooHooo can't wait to share all of our experiences with each other!

Thought this was great words to live by!

Attachment 320591
Well, what can I say that you are awesome !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
Like BB said, that is a very feasible weight loss goal! I'd wish you luck, but knowing how strong willed you are, I know you have what it takes to succeed!

-------------------------

My fitness resolution is to work on my bucket list of running at least a half marathon in every state. I have checked off 4 states so far. Looking forward to chipping away at more this year! First up...Baton Rouge
just 2 weeks from now!
I definitely will have to do it, I have NO choice. I will do my best. Tomorrow...these past few days...I really wasn't up to it and I know you all know why...
Well, you and Bonnie are the strong ones...you just inspire the rest of us.

Thank you to you all !
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #20
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Are guys allowed in this thread?

I have dieted many times, and each time I lost a lot of weight approx. 40 pounds, then gained 60-80 pounds back each time. So over the years I have gradually grown to my current size... It's really frustrating. I recently started to ct a lot of sugar and bad carb's out of my diet and I lost 20 pounds and I have stopped losing. In High School I was in great shape. As most of us were haha. I was at 215 I am 6'-2" and have a natural big build. Big feet, hands, head etc. so being really skinny (Under 200 as the say I should be) I would look funny. Anyway my maximum weight was up to 365. I am currently down to 345. (well add 5 pounds for all the crazy holiday food I ate, but it will be gone in a week). Anyway my goal is to get to under 250. I have a buddy who works out a lot and he has a friend who is in really good shape and is 6'2" as well he weighs 230, That's where I'd like to be, a great in shape and under 250. My resolution this year is to get back into shape, other than round. haha. Most people are shocked to know how much I weigh they say I "wear it well". Whatever that means. Anyway my goal this year is to make the lifestyle change for good. I have cut soda and alcohol out of my diet. I rarely eat bread and when I do I eat high fiber whole grain breads. Pastas are very rare. I take fiber to help reduce the absorption of any sugars I may eat to help maintain my blood sugar levels. I am not diabetic, but I am trying not to become diabetic, it does run in my family. I recently purchased a stationary bike as walking for exercise is difficult on my ankles this weight.

Thanks for starting this thread BB!

Last edited by SummoneR; 01-02-2012 at 12:10 AM.
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #21
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Are guys allowed in this thread?

I have dieted many times, and each time I lost a lot of weight approx. 40 pounds, then gained 60-80 pounds back each time. So over the years I have gradually grown to my current size... It's really frustrating. I recently started to ct a lot of sugar and bad carb's out of my diet and I lost 20 pounds and I have stopped losing. In High School I was in great shape. As most of us were haha. I was at 215 I am 6'-2" and have a natural big build. Big feet, hands, head etc. so being really skinny (Under 200 as the say I should be) I would look funny. Anyway my maximum weight was up to 365. I am currently down to 345. (well add 5 pounds for all the crazy holiday food I ate, but it will be gone in a week). Anyway my goal is to get to under 250. I have a buddy who works out a lot and he has a friend who is in really good shape and is 6'2" as well he weighs 230, That's where I'd like to be, a great in shape and under 250. My resolution this year is to get back into shape, other than round. haha. Most people are shocked to know how much I weigh they say I "wear it well". Whatever that means. Anyway my goal this year is to make the lifestyle change for good. I have cut soda and alcohol out of my diet. I rarely eat bread and when I do I eat high fiber whole grain breads. Pastas are very rare. I take fiber to help reduce the absorption of any sugars I may eat to help maintain my blood sugar levels. I am not diabetic, but I am trying not to become diabetic, it does run in my family. I recently purchased a stationary bike as walking for exercise is difficult on my ankles this weight.

Thanks for starting this thread BB!
Heck yes! Everyone is allowed!

Sadly yo-yo dieting is very easy to do. You lose weight and see a good number and then start slacking and next thing you know you are worse off then when you started. It stinks right? If youre tall and big boned you will be able to "hide" more weight but that doesn't mean its not taking the same toll on your body! I hope we are able to help you make the change for good. Once you really get into the swing of things you wont crave bad food anymore. Good job cutting out some things from your diet. I admit I have ONE soda in the morning to wake up but its water the rest of the day. Just remember lots of lean protiens and veggies! And as for the stationary bike good choice! I have a tv in my workout room so I have no excuse not to work out, can hop on their and kick my butt and watch my shows too!
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #22
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
You can do it Joeanne, we will be here to support you and help cheer you on!

I have a stirclimber, its the best cardio workout for your legs and butt! lol Its awesome, I want to get a cybex arc trainer, its supposed to be even better than the stairclimber, I figure with my stair climber and arc trainer, I'll have a butt sent straight from the gods! lmao!!!

What kind of stairclimber do you have? Cause we have been shopping for a good one. I love the Arc trainer we have one at our gym but its hard for me to get over there since its so far hence us building a gym at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
Thanks BB. I actually used to DESPISE running!! But, about 10 years ago, I was deployed in Saudi Arabia and the stair steppers and bikes were always taken, so I reluctantly got on the treadmill. Out of no where I just fell in love with running and have been doing it ever since!
Ah awesome! I guess you have to adapt huh? Maybe I just need to force myself to do it hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I'm in again. I put on a few lbs over the holidays & they have got to Goooooooooo! I will continue my dance exercize class (or as one of my C5 friends has dubbed it my "dance-your-azz-off class") 2-3 days a week, protien/fruit shake and stretch & light exercizes in the mornings and plan to add more strength training/muscle mass building activities. I will not be happy until this tummy completely goes away!
Sounds like you have a plan girlfriend! Good job! Muscle building workouts would definately help you out! And I think we all want to see our tummys go hahaha.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:59 AM   #23
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Another guy here.
I've always weighed over 200 except in H.S. where I could never get below 180. At 6' 1" that was about right for me. Now at 229 I would like to get back to about 210.00.
Does anyone know a website where you can ask for food calories IE: banana 70, egg 80, etc ?
I've looked but can't find one. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #24
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Another guy here.
I've always weighed over 200 except in H.S. where I could never get below 180. At 6' 1" that was about right for me. Now at 229 I would like to get back to about 210.00.
Does anyone know a website where you can ask for food calories IE: banana 70, egg 80, etc ?
Welcome! 210 sounds like a good number!

I know alot of people use myfitnesspal.com, or livestrong.com to calculate calories. I bought a journel I can physically write in and get my nubmers from caloriecounter.com.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:01 AM   #25
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Another guy here.

This is not a complete guide but all the foods listed are healthy choices and fit into a fat loss diet.
Attached Images

CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #26
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Thanks for posting that up! I'm actually going to print that out!
Old 01-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #27
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Thanks for posting that up! I'm actually going to print that out!
I do have more complete lists but this one only has values for foods you should be eating not the ones you like to eat lol.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #28
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
I do have more complete lists but this one only has values for foods you should be eating not the ones you like to eat lol.
Hahaha. Good I dont need that kind of temptation. :augh: I printed it out and put it in my food journel.