Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-25-2017, 06:27 PM   #57
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Yeah, that's it...good call...

Co-incidentally the longer this thread goes on, the more expensive the Camaro gets by the hour....lol...
That's how much they cost in Canada AutoTrader and Google both your friends.
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:07 PM   #58
BRMike

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSS24 View Post
I was thinking this:

The 5th gen resembled or pays homage to the 1st gen (retro look)
The 6th gen resembled or pays homage to the 2nd gen
So maybe the refresh or 7th gen (?) will resemble the 3rd gen. The front end looks square *ish* like the 3rd gen.

Just my .02 cents
I see no resemblance to the 2nd-gen on the current car. The only way I see it paying homage to the 2nd-gen is by the little bit of chrome in the grill of the RS cars (a nod to the early 2-gen RS split bumper).
2018 Kenetic Blue Metallic Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab (8A)
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:58 PM   #59
saxman

Drives: Subaru Outback
If there is one thing that drove me nuts when I test drove a 6th gen, it was the hard, cheap feeling dash. Hard plastics didn't use to bother me, but when the competition is not doing it AND charging less money, there is no excuse for one of the biggest visible pieces right in front of your face to be built like a Playschool Toy.

I know people say soft dashes crack (not if made right) or you are paying for performance and can't have a refined interior and performance for under $50,000. I say quit making excuses for the automakers. Other cars do it, so Chevy can pull it off too.
saxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:11 PM   #60
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxman View Post
If there is one thing that drove me nuts when I test drove a 6th gen, it was the hard, cheap feeling dash. Hard plastics didn't use to bother me, but when the competition is not doing it AND charging less money, there is no excuse for one of the biggest visible pieces right in front of your face to be built like a Playschool Toy.

I know people say soft dashes crack (not if made right) or you are paying for performance and can't have a refined interior and performance for under $50,000. I say quit making excuses for the automakers. Other cars do it, so Chevy can pull it off too.
It's at least better than the 5th gen's interior. It's definitely improved. Could certainly be better though. Does the new Mustang have better plastics? What other competition would you say has a better interior quality? Most of the interior feels nice to me, but there's always room for improvement.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:02 PM   #61
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Looking at it seem they left the rear alone. And that really is the only part of the car in my book that requires an update.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:31 PM   #62
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Maybe if this is a refresh they may back track a bit to incorporate some of the familiar 5th gen design specs into it. Of course I could be off my rocker regarding everythin in this post lol.
If the rear is any indication, they are going back to the cleaner lines that made the 5th gen iconic. It's a little more muscle, less sports car / Corvette wanna-be. I'm obviously highly biased, but I would buy what is essentially a 5th gen on the alpha platform and with a much newer interior in a heartbeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSS24 View Post
I was thinking this:
The 5th gen resembled or pays homage to the 1st gen (retro look)
The 6th gen resembled or pays homage to the 2nd gen
Unless you're looking at some really, really old concept art of the 6th gen, the whole "it will look like a gen 2" idea went out the window a long time ago. No real resemblance. If anything, the 6th gen is a homage to the 5th gen, lol.

Either way, I am excited for this refresh. Chevy needs to make up for the turd that was the 2014 facelift.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:23 PM   #63
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post
With the cars going up until 2013 it's a coin flip between them and the new ones but the Fourteen and Fifteenth look like ass. The new cars are nice looking they're just insanely expensive they have priced them into executive territories and most executives are not driving Camaros. The Camaro has always been the blue collar Working Man sports car but the average guy that I know anyway in his thirties does not have $70,000 to buy a 2ss.
I'll sell you a brand new 2SS for $45,000 and make $7000 on the deal.

New 2SS $38,000 +ttl - About half what you post.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:18 AM   #64
thefirstcause

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, 2009 Mazda6 GT V6
They've fixed the rear end lines to what they should have been originally! Great! Also note... not a single wing spoiler in sight on any car.

The back end for the 6gen was a problem from the moment it was announced. The wing combined with those extra lines made quite a mess out of the rear. Getting a dovetail or blade spoiler helped a lot. Removed those extra lines and having the blade spoiler will be perfection. The photoshop posted earlier looks great. Hopefully the changes to the front will also be great.

The Mustangs 2018 front end has been completely ruined. Those new headlights are god awful. The 2015 headlights were a defining feature and looked amazing. The 2018 rear end looks good still, it always looked good.

The 2015 Challenger refresh is an example of a fantastic update, that car was revitalized, looking better than it ever did since 2008! I hope the Camaro can have a similar fate.
thefirstcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:42 AM   #65
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefirstcause View Post
The Mustangs 2018 front end has been completely ruined. Those new headlights are god awful. The 2015 headlights were a defining feature and looked amazing. The 2018 rear end looks good still, it always looked good.
Yeah, that's my biggest fear with the Facelift, that they ruin the front end like Ford did. 6th Gen frontend is imho perfect, no real need to change. But I'm pretty sure we will see some design cues from the FNR-X concept on the Camaro. Especially the headlights look like they are made for the Camaro.

samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:34 AM   #66
thefirstcause

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, 2009 Mazda6 GT V6
The FNR-X concept certainly has a lot of that Transformers 5 Camaro front end in it. I don't like how the Transformers front looks, too busy and clashes with the rest of the car. It works with the FNR-X. If they don't make it as ridiculous as the T5 Camaro, just use elements, it could be interesting. In terms of the headlights, I wouldn't mind if Chevy kept the shape basically the same as the 2016 and did something similar to the FNR-X look. Changing the lens shape from the same old circular projector would be cool and futuristic/very modern.
thefirstcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:32 AM   #67
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
But I'm pretty sure we will see some design cues from the FNR-X concept on the Camaro.
Chevy's design language is pretty dang consistent across their entire lineup at this point, for better or for worse. You could copy and paste the front end of any of their cars onto another car, and it would not look that out of place. If you put the FNR-X facia on the Camaro, it just ends up looking like a ZL1.

RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:41 AM   #68
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
I'll sell you a brand new 2SS for $45,000 and make $7000 on the deal.

New 2SS $38,000 +ttl - About half what you post.
Hey before you start doing the screw loose guy you could read that I'm Canadian bro. There's other people besides Americans that buy these Cars. use AutoTrader see what they're selling for but I will gladly pay you 45000 Canadian deliver it to Toronto

autotrader.ca/cars/chevrolet/camaro/?prx=-1&loc=M9C%205J1&sts=New-Used&yRng=2017,&hprc=True&wcp=True&inMarket=basicS earch&srt=3

Cheapest one is 56k plus 1500 freight plus 13 percent tax. That equals $65,000 that's after all GM rebates.
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:44 AM   #69
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Chevy's design language is pretty dang consistent across their entire lineup at this point, for better or for worse. You could copy and paste the front end of any of their cars onto another car, and it would not look that out of place. If you put the FNR-X facia on the Camaro, it just ends up looking like a ZL1.

But that's something that at the moment every car maker is doing. Mustang looks pretty similar to a Fusion too.

At least in europe Chevy is only selling Camaros and Corvettes so they are pretty unique
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:51 AM   #70
Rob13567

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss NGM
Refreshes happen because of the competition getting better, isn't the mustang getting an early refresh too also the 2018 mustang has a ton of new features similar to the camaro except the 10 speed etc
Rob13567 is offline   Reply With Quote