Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-20-2019, 12:24 PM   #29
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
I'd love to hear from some of the LEO's in this thread about something else.

I have always watched COPS, LIVE PD, etc and here's my question. After one of "these type of stops" (fishing expedition) and they pull you out of the car and "search" the car I've often noticed how they throw "stuff" on top of the car, hood, deck, etc and how they often let a dog go through the car.

Question is if nothing "comes out of the stop" who would pay for potential damages to the car? Scratches in paint of car, holes in leather, scratch marks on leather center console, etc....

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:50 PM   #30
Joecruiser

Drives: 2014 2-SSRS Slushbox
Mydivorce, I'm not an LEO but I'm going to assume one would have to sue their agency
It would not be cost wise unless it's total loss of the car. Dents, scratches, interior damage...you're screwed.
Joecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:15 PM   #31
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecruiser View Post
Mydivorce, I'm not an LEO but I'm going to assume one would have to sue their agency
It would not be cost wise unless it's total loss of the car. Dents, scratches, interior damage...you're screwed.
Thanks for the reply and I'm guessing you are right.

Would still like to hear from some LEO's. Saw it again last night. Suspect told LEO he had a gun on him, LEO took it out and "tossed" it on the car. I have no doubt it left scratches on the car.

Such little respect for other's property.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 07-21-2019, 12:31 PM   #32
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Really the only times I've "tossed" stuff on someone's car was when they were actively resisting or something and I needed to get whatever it was away from them as quickly as possible.

Otherwise when I find a gun or contraband or whatever and need to run it or do further investigation I usually put it on MY car, not theirs. That way it's recorded on my front dash cam and it's completely separated from the subject.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:58 AM   #33
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Really the only times I've "tossed" stuff on someone's car was when they were actively resisting or something and I needed to get whatever it was away from them as quickly as possible.

Otherwise when I find a gun or contraband or whatever and need to run it or do further investigation I usually put it on MY car, not theirs. That way it's recorded on my front dash cam and it's completely separated from the subject.
Thanks for the reply. I 100% get that. I was more referring to instances like when the driver has been removed from the car and is placed in front of your vehicle while "you" search the car.

Not throwing "y'all" under the bus. Hell I got pulled over 2 days ago and I ain't on here whining

But things like this as I get older though are really starting to get under my skin. Lack of respect for people's things and personal space.

I was in Kroger many moons ago writing a check for groceries. (Yes, a while ago lol). And the clerk didn't have a pen to write my DL info on the top of the check so she asked if she could borrow mine. I said yes.....it was a $450 Mont Blanc which she proceeded to drop on the floor and crack. Cost me $125 to fix.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody