Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-09-2019, 01:32 PM   #29
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
If everybody is 5 feet tall it’s very doable. I got my seat all the way back nobody getting behind me or my legs hit the steering wheel. Unless there 2 feet tall aliens from the planet “ “ zetox “ the home from a great alien can anyone guess who it is?
Old 12-09-2019, 02:04 PM   #30
AmazinglySmooth

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Some folks are comfortable sitting indian-style. Then you don't need access to the floor. My kids have removed their shoes to fit their legs in.
AmazinglySmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:48 PM   #31
BPSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2018
This fits
Attached Images

BPSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:02 PM   #32
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
I find the back seat is quite usable and always fits four legs no matter what's my seat position!
Attached Images

NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:15 PM   #33
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Back seat works for amputees......

I'm 6'6, she is 6', back seat is a hot mess.

I can put people in any of my Thirdgens and still be able to drive, I'm not comfortable but have done it in a pinch. Sixth gen its all the way back and my kids aren't getting in there.

That's what's killing the Camaro, the car is awesome, but there are only so many of us sports car devotees to keep it. The general public finds the car unusable and you just lost a lot of sales, regardless of how great they really are.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:20 PM   #34
CamaroChriSS

Drives: 16 1SS M6 Black -previous 00 Z28 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
Back seat works for amputees......

I'm 6'6, she is 6', back seat is a hot mess.

I can put people in any of my Thirdgens and still be able to drive, I'm not comfortable but have done it in a pinch. Sixth gen its all the way back and my kids aren't getting in there.

That's what's killing the Camaro, the car is awesome, but there are only so many of us sports car devotees to keep it. The general public finds the car unusable and you just lost a lot of sales, regardless of how great they really are.
The Challenger continues to crush it in sales and has a usable back seat... I prefer the Camaro set up, but like you said, just aren't that many of us. And quite frankly, there's a strong chance the wife will force a sale when baby #2 arrives.
CamaroChriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:03 PM   #35
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroChriSS View Post
The Challenger continues to crush it in sales and has a usable back seat... I prefer the Camaro set up, but like you said, just aren't that many of us. And quite frankly, there's a strong chance the wife will force a sale when baby #2 arrives.
That ain't it. Our 16 Mustang ain't no better and not a single one of my Challenger buddies use the back seat for anything.
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:44 PM   #36
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqwert6 View Post
That ain't it. Our 16 Mustang ain't no better and not a single one of my Challenger buddies use the back seat for anything.

They may not use it but I will damn well guarantee it was brought up by their other halves when they bought it.

Same for a trunk you can use without fighting it.

She got the new vehicle for the family. I was okay with that and just said the next one is mine period. I don't care if the kids fit in it or not.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:01 PM   #37
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
They may not use it but I will damn well guarantee it was brought up by their other halves when they bought it.

Same for a trunk you can use without fighting it.

She got the new vehicle for the family. I was okay with that and just said the next one is mine period. I don't care if the kids fit in it or not.
Nah. Pretty much all marketing and publicity. When's the last time you saw a Camaro commercial on TV? Or in a magazine? Or on a thousand different infomercials? Or on all these different hot rod car builders? Fast and Loud has been building those cars and crate motors for ever and that show sucks. Lol.

The Camaro just hasn't been the cool car since the first Transformers movie. Oddly enough, that is what attracted it to me. I didn't want to be one of a million Challengers on the road. Hell in my little group of friends, two more just bought new hellcats. I'm sick of seeing them and I owned three in the 70s.

And for what it's worth the trunk is also worse on the Mustang than the Camaro. :-)
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:03 PM   #38
Chevyfan4life
The Green Hornet

Drives: 2020 Rally Green 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
The back seat is so useable! Why are people complaining so much about the back seat. I just did a day trip 100+ miles one way in my car with an adult male in the front passenger seat and 2 adult females in the rear. They had no complaints at all and fit!
When i first got my car.I had my daughter in the front seat about 5'-5" and my wife 5'-1" behind her in the back seat.The top of my wife's head was hitting headliner and she was very uncomfortable.We only went around the block and she wanted out........LOL
A 100 mile trip in that back seat s really hard to fathom.I am ready to do a rear seat delete.Just to eliminate the awkward conversation of telling someone that they have to sit back there.

1100-07/02/19
3100-07/04/19 | TPW 8/5
3400-7/29/19
3800-8/2/19 Built!
4300-8/5/19
4300-8/9/19 delivered to rail yard
4200-8/13/19 Shipped!
5000-8/19/19
6000-8/24/19 She's Home!
Chevyfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote