#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 09-26-2019, 06:53 AM   #15
kramard

Drives: 2012 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Still doesn't matter. I've run 20s (SS 1LE) wheels on my ZLE without any issues as well. These cars just aren't that sensitive to diameter changes.
You have to read what I said. You can really hurt someone by spreading misinformation. Changing Width and/or height is not the same as changing individual wheel/tire heights.
kramard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:49 AM   #16
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramard View Post
Dude step off and make sure you read what I posted. Do me a favor go out and put on 1 or more wheels with an outer diameter difference of 1”. Better yet YouTube it. Even better yet talk to people that ended up in a wall. What you posted is stupid so move on and don’t post garbage.
I already am running front and rear tires with an overall diameter of over 1" difference.
The factory heights are 26.2" front and 26.7" rear, I'm currently running 26.2" front and 27.4" rear, with both track mode on and with all off the car has no issue.
Attached Images

Last edited by ICTsccaCamaro; 09-26-2019 at 08:52 AM.
ICTsccaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:50 AM   #17
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I agree Kramard with you! ��
Old 09-26-2019, 07:52 AM   #18
LT4Greg

ICT, do you get any inner fender damage running those taller/wider tires?
Old 09-26-2019, 07:53 AM   #19
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I agree Kramard with you! ��
Did you not see my post with my tire height??? How can you agree with someone that is wrong?
Old 09-26-2019, 07:55 AM   #20
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
ICT, do you get any inner fender damage running those taller/wider tires?
You will need to relocate the wiring harness in the front of the drivers rear wheel well as it is close and pin the inner fender back to the wiring harness clip location, I have ran autocross and trackdays with this set up with no issues and finally have grip now with the 355's
Old 09-26-2019, 07:55 AM   #21
LT4Greg

I just saw the tire size reply you just posted and was just wondering.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:59 AM   #22
LT4Greg

Yes I can believe you would have more grip with the wider tires but wondering about the taller profile. I guess I could go to a taller profile tire on my ZL1 then with relocating the harness.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:13 AM   #23
kramard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
Did you not see my post with my tire height??? How can you agree with someone that is wrong?
My understanding is you are right on the limit. I have input from a very trusted source with access to GM engineers who were very clear not to run a front / rear tire height difference of 1.0 - 1.2”. In the interest of not being a D, I’ll find the YouTube video where a zle went crazy with 1 zl1 wheel as a spare and I’ll find the post where a front / rear tire hight difference triggered ice mode and put a car into a wall on track (Facebook group).

If you’re saying you’re doing it and it works that’s one thing. If you’re saying individual tire height does not matter I’d still caution against that as a blanket statement. Ice mode can be triggered when braking.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:56 AM   #24
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Quote:
My understanding is you are right on the limit. I have input from a very trusted source with access to GM engineers who were very clear not to run a front / rear tire height difference of 1.0 - 1.2”. In the interest of not being a D, I’ll find the YouTube video where a zle went crazy with 1 zl1 wheel as a spare and I’ll find the post where a front / rear tire hight difference triggered ice mode and put a car into a wall on track (Facebook group).

If you’re saying you’re doing it and it works that’s one thing. If you’re saying individual tire height does not matter I’d still caution against that as a blanket statement. Ice mode can be triggered when braking.
I would definitely agree if someone was running a weird 4th tire heith that did not match the other 3 on the car the car could definitely think something was wrong and activate traction control ect.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:03 AM   #25
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
You have to read what I said. You can really hurt someone by spreading misinformation. Changing Width and/or height is not the same as changing individual wheel/tire heights.
WRONG!!!!
Quote:

nice try at backpedaling. Yes i know the Facebook post you are speaking of... Read up on Ice Mode so you can understand it before posting misinformation. If the rears are 1" smaller than the fronts you will have issues, not the other way around.

Thread specific, yes these wheels and tires will fit with 100000000% no issue
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 09:17 AM   #26
kramard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
WRONG!!!!

nice try at backpedaling. Yes i know the Facebook post you are speaking of... Read up on Ice Mode so you can understand it before posting misinformation. If the rears are 1" smaller than the fronts you will have issues, not the other way around.

Thread specific, yes these wheels and tires will fit with 100000000% no issue
I’ve _not_ heard it’s ok to go bigger. If that’s true that’s new to me. I was trying to run the ACR tires where this became an issue for me.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:28 AM   #27
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
All the tires and wheel combos work w the exception of the OEM Z28 rim front wheel.. 19X11 with offset of 11 the inside of the rim can on some cars come on contact with the lower shock/strut mount. A 3mm spacer or grinding the strut bracket will fix this. All depends on the camber and some cars..

If you change ride heights its a good idea to get the mag ride re calibrated.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote