Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-13-2023, 09:58 AM   #1
Winter’SS

Drives: 2021 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1LE
Code P26C8 “Chassis Control Module” lit up twice. Problem with exhaust emissions syst

I have a 2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE (A10) with about 33k miles on it. Was driving normally and the service engine light came on. Nothing changed as far as performance, sounds, fluids, etc. nothing noticeable at least. Immediately I pressed the OnStar Button and pulled into an O’Reillys. The Oreillys was not very helpful because their reader couldn’t go deep enough and only showed that there was a ton of stuff that could illuminate this code. OnStar said this and sent me an email stating this:

“The Emissions System is not performing as expected. An issue has been detected in the Exhaust Emissions System which monitors and controls exhaust gases released into the air from the engine. If the vehicle is continually driven with this light on, the emission controls might not work as well, the vehicle fuel economy might not be as good, the engine might not run as smoothly and could lead to future repairs.“ “get to a dealership in 7 days so not that urgent”

I scheduled a service appointment to drop off the car and the light shut off the night before so I called my advisor and he recommended not to come in and see if it comes back on. The next day after only driving the car to and from work (about 62 miles) the light illuminated again. I am going to bring it in first thing Monday for them to diagnose (which is evidently going to take 2-3 days to even diagnose and slight chance of getting a loaner or rental even though I believe warranty should absolutely cover it as well as my insurance.) I have driven it about 60 more miles and ABSOLUTELY have noticed a decrease in fuel economy. I started a new trip and although it shows I’m getting 22 MPG because I’m babying it the amount of gas my car is using is not congruent with the fuel economy my car is displaying.

Anyways, anyone have experience with this code and have any ideas on what might be causing this?AFM valves stuck open are my guess but I’m not that knowledgeable on the AFM exhaust portion of the 6.2.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Stay safe and thanks in advance!
Winter’SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 10:10 AM   #2
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Here is a rather lengthy discussion. But it agrees with your hypothesis that the code is AFM related:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...dule-code.html
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote