Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 12-19-2022, 12:48 PM   #1
Fiyero88

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro 1LT
Battery terminal engine bay question

OK here's a dumb question because I seem to be full of them according to people on here even though I'm just uniquely curious and want to learn.

I need a positive post to put my eye connector on for a project. I see that next to the fuse bank is a power terminal bank. Which one of those is OK to loosen and put the eye connector onto? Does anyone have a diagram or picture of it with the correct one to put a positive connection to? Thanks guys!
Fiyero88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 10:22 AM   #2
Callaway SC630

Drives: 2020 Callaway Camaro SC630
Don't have a pic with me, but I used a large ring connector and slid it over the positive post under the cap. I then used a plastic sleeve from another connector and tapped it onto the post to hold the ring down.

I use it for my quick-disconnect battery maintainer.

Not for the traditionalists, but effective.
Old 12-20-2022, 01:29 PM   #3
joekd

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS vert
I hooked up an eye terminal to one of the existing posts there, don't remember which one, just tested with a multimeter

If I get a chance will snap a picture
Old 12-20-2022, 02:26 PM   #4
Fiyero88

OK thanks that'd help out alot!
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekd View Post
I hooked up an eye terminal to one of the existing posts there, don't remember which one, just tested with a multimeter

If I get a chance will snap a picture
Old 12-23-2022, 02:24 PM   #5
joekd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero88 View Post
OK thanks that'd help out alot!
]
Here you go, if I remember right all terminals were live when I checked them with a meter, I just went with the most convenient one
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2022, 05:09 PM   #6
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
What size nuts do we need for those terminals? I want to hook up my battery charger to it. I bought a charger but the clamps don't work that well - then I realized that the charger came with another set of wires with ring terminals & a cap for the other end - perfect setup!
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 11:10 PM   #7
Fiyero88

This helps immensely so thanks for that! Yeah it would make sense that they are all charged since it's like a rail for the engine bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekd View Post
Here you go, if I remember right all terminals were live when I checked them with a meter, I just went with the most convenient one
Old 12-24-2022, 11:19 AM   #8
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
OK here's a dumb question because I seem to be full of them according to people on here even though I'm just uniquely curious and want to learn.

I need a positive post to put my eye connector on for a project. I see that next to the fuse bank is a power terminal bank. Which one of those is OK to loosen and put the eye connector onto? Does anyone have a diagram or picture of it with the correct one to put a positive connection to? Thanks guys!
Mine + has a red cap.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 04:28 PM   #9
joekd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ28 View Post
What size nuts do we need for those terminals? I want to hook up my battery charger to it.
I took one off and went to home depot to match up, remember it was a standard size but this was years ago so no clue what it was
Old 12-26-2022, 06:06 PM   #10
JTS

Drives: 2023 ZL1 A10
Quote:

The part of your post disturbs me, IMO and I'm sure most Good folks here, would agree "dumb questions" when a person wants to learn. Dumb Questions are not existent. Way back when I was young and the WWII guys were teaching me ,I asked a lot of Qs never did they say dumb Q.
Ask away , and never make an excuse when learning. Happy Motoring
Old 12-27-2022, 01:08 AM   #11
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS View Post
The part of your post disturbs me, IMO and I'm sure most Good folks here, would agree "dumb questions" when a person wants to learn. Dumb Questions are not existent. Way back when I was young and the WWII guys were teaching me ,I asked a lot of Qs never did they say dumb Q.
Ask away , and never make an excuse when learning. Happy Motoring
Amen, brother.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, bay, engine, power, terminal