Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-03-2022, 10:44 AM   #1
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Banks iDash Super Gauge - PID/Alert Request

Hey all.

I want to start a thread where we can post PID and alert requests to Banks' Engineers. As some of you know, this gauge is a wealth of useful information and being able to create/customize alerts is something that really has me interested. I noticed a thread to add E-content some time ago, and it seemed to have, if nothing else, helped get that PID added to the list the iDash gives us access to.

My intent is to have a consolidated thread wherein we can post the data we'd like to see added to show Banks that there is interest in these additions and perhaps even lure new customers to their product. There is already several of us who have already taken the plunge, so I figure if we show enough support and reason for them to invest time and money into adding more features, we'll have a better chance at getting what we'd like to see.

Please post some PIDs and or alerts that you would like to see added to this product. Shoot - please post if you are interested in this product and having more data would get your to spend your money on a new iDash, or other Banks product. Please only post interest/requests in this thread (no reviews, please) so we can keep it neat and tidy, as I intend on referencing this thread directly to them. I encourage ALL of you to send them emails, too (techsupport@bankspower.com), as the more constructive noise we can make, the more they'll take us seriously, and want to invest in giving us what we're asking for. Anyone is welcome to constructively use what's in this thread for their own respective correspondence with Banks, too.

Thanks to anyone who posts here.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 08:49 AM   #2
ZLE dude

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE
Just thinking out loud, knock retard and injector pulse width would be awesome additions to the gauge.
2018 ZL1 1LE - Summit White, PDR, Rotofab CAI, 95mm TB, CSP 2" catless LT's, JMS Voltage Booster, AEM X-series WB, DSX flex fuel sensor, Banks Data Monster, Tuned by Ted Jannetty, 5% Tint, Blackvue DR900S-2CH, Diode Dynamics lighting, IGL Kenzo ceramic coating
ZLE dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 04:06 AM   #3
swisstyphoon
Former GM Technician

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10, 06 Silverado Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLE dude View Post
Just thinking out loud, knock retard and injector pulse width would be awesome additions to the gauge.
I agree. The Banks Gauge is awesome, just missing the knock retard, and injector pulse with in ms. Hopefully they will add those two pid's in a future update.
Rotofab Big Gulp, Nick Williams 103, Magnuson 2650, 9.17" (14%) lower, 90mm upper, Vengeance Racing Heads (LME) Cam Package (Cammotion Stage 1), Johnson Lifters, JMS Voltage Booster, Lingenfelter high flow check valve, BBK shorty headers, Custom 2.75" down pipes, Gesi Gen2 high flow cats, MM catch can 791whp, 772ft-lbs SAE
Just added 30% XDI Injectors, LPE big bore hpfp, Flex fuel.
Elite tuning, results coming soon.

2006 Silverado Duramax Diesel
MPI Compound Turbo
40% over Injectors
Efi Live DSP5 Tuning

Follow me on Instagram: Swisstyphoon1980
swisstyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 10:12 AM   #4
radz28
Petro-sexual

Haven’t heard back from them yet, but fingers crossed!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 03-16-2022, 04:16 PM   #5
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Haven’t heard back from them yet, but fingers crossed!
I dropped than an email last night following up on my previous email. Crickets today but they’re probably busy.

“Hello,

Today I’m following up to see what traction this request is making and if this is a firmware update you plan on making. Can you provide an update?“[/COLOR]

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 01:50 PM   #6
Trochoidal

I sure wish these request would get some attention from Banks. I believe I’ve sent them 4 emails requesting additional PID’s. I’m sure they have more to do than take care of customer requests like this, but it would only make the product better.

Are there other iDash owners making requests for PID’s?

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Old 04-09-2022, 02:42 PM   #7
radz28
Petro-sexual

They did release an update, which didn't include our requests, but I have received responses from them, and they keep saying they are sending our requests to their Engineering Department, so I think we have to keep sending messages. The louder (respectfully, of course) that we are, the better chance we get to get these added.

Everyone please keep sending them email and via social media.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 04-09-2022, 02:46 PM   #8
Trochoidal

Sounds good! I’ve kept all of my requests respectful. A couple of my requests were answered stating they were forwarded to engineering too.

Old 12-04-2022, 08:54 PM   #9
Trochoidal

So I did some digging since I noticed Banks displays “knock” on their ad for the iDash. I looked through the PID’s list and never found “knock” in any table from any manufacturer listed.

https://docs.bankspower.com/bids/

I also noticed a lot of the products relative to the iDash & accessories have limited availability. Maybe it’s a supply chain or another reason.

https://bankspower.com/collections/i...igital-monitor

Recently I sent another request to Banks that wasn’t connected to engineering about adding PID’s. A lot of us have sent request and didn’t get the results we hoped. What the heck, I’ll beat the horse one more time.
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2022, 12:51 PM   #10
radz28
Petro-sexual

I even tried non-GM set-ups, available in their manufacturer list, that showed KNOCK, but it didn't work...

This is proving to be a dead-end, IMO, unfortunately...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 01-24-2023, 11:24 AM   #11
radz28
Petro-sexual

Has anyone tried the latest update to see if they added anything for us, in spite of what they have somewhat recently stated?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 02-02-2023, 11:56 AM   #12
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Has anyone tried the latest update to see if they added anything for us, in spite of what they have somewhat recently stated?
How does one even update the iBanks?
Old 02-02-2023, 12:54 PM   #13
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
How does one even update the iBanks?
You need to download the update file and put it on a micro SD card. There is a slot on the face of the iDash where you insert the card then use the menu options for updating.

Looks like they released a new version (1.24) of the software in December of last year.

Going to install and see if anything was added.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 08:20 AM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

Any updates for anything new for us?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"