Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-11-2023, 03:37 PM   #15
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSS View Post
Dude, you come into my thread, make no contributions to my original query, only critique the other dudes's install?
I think his intentions were to correct my suggestions, and things that I may have done incorrectly, so that you didn't make the same mistakes on your install. I am no expert, I've just pieced together my personal installations based on research and help from various forums.

I posted some pics of my setup on my 1994 Camaro awhile ago, and I was pretty proud of it. Someone replied and said that they would have fired the guy that installed the 1/0 gauge wire off the battery with a 90 degree bend into the fuse holder. Whoops! But I just had no idea, so I fixed it.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 12:32 AM   #16
DualSS

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ28 View Post
I think his intentions were to correct my suggestions, and things that I may have done incorrectly, so that you didn't make the same mistakes on your install. I am no expert, I've just pieced together my personal installations based on research and help from various forums.

I posted some pics of my setup on my 1994 Camaro awhile ago, and I was pretty proud of it. Someone replied and said that they would have fired the guy that installed the 1/0 gauge wire off the battery with a 90 degree bend into the fuse holder. Whoops! But I just had no idea, so I fixed it.
Yeah, I feel you, but he could've at least thrown me a bone or something.
It's just kinda disappointing that none of the resident audio experts have chimed in. I've seen a lot of interesting audio threads with lots of contributions and interactions in here, but I guess they are from past years. This must be a dying forum, since the 6th gen came out 8 years ago at this point......
I ended up having to join an audio forum to make some headway.....

Last edited by DualSS; 01-12-2023 at 12:34 AM. Reason: grammar
DualSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 02:22 PM   #17
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Yeah, I feel you, but he could've at least thrown me a bone or something.
It's just kinda disappointing that none of the resident audio experts have chimed in. I've seen a lot of interesting audio threads with lots of contributions and interactions in here, but I guess they are from past years. This must be a dying forum, since the 6th gen came out 8 years ago at this point......
I ended up having to join an audio forum to make some headway.....
This AXDSPX-ETH1 seems like a pretty new product. I don't recall it being available on the market a year ago. I doubt anyone has tried it. This company's prior products seem pretty solid, and this would be the way to tap into the Bose system. There's a good video of an install of the Axxess DSP interface for MOST Camaros that will probably give you a good idea of what the new product will be like for your car.
Old 01-12-2023, 06:15 PM   #18
DualSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
This AXDSPX-ETH1 seems like a pretty new product. I don't recall it being available on the market a year ago. I doubt anyone has tried it. This company's prior products seem pretty solid, and this would be the way to tap into the Bose system. There's a good video of an install of the Axxess DSP interface for MOST Camaros that will probably give you a good idea of what the new product will be like for your car.
Cool, thanks for chiming in. I guess I'll have to be the guinea pig for this one....
I liked your "Sound quality upgrades to my 1LE's stereo" thread btw......
Old 01-12-2023, 08:00 PM   #19
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Cool, thanks for chiming in. I guess I'll have to be the guinea pig for this one....
I liked your "Sound quality upgrades to my 1LE's stereo" thread btw......
Thanks. If it helps make your decision easier, I would have done something like this in my car if I didn't have such a tight budget and didn't want to avoid adding weight. I would imagine that this or a NavTV interface and DSP combined with good speakers and amps would really sound great.
Old 01-12-2023, 09:46 PM   #20
DualSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
Thanks. If it helps make your decision easier, I would have done something like this in my car if I didn't have such a tight budget and didn't want to avoid adding weight. I would imagine that this or a NavTV interface and DSP combined with good speakers and amps would really sound great.
You imagine correctly, tho it seems that the NavTV interface is nowhere to be found. The Axxess one is my plan B.....
Old 01-13-2023, 09:42 AM   #21
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
You imagine correctly, tho it seems that the NavTV interface is nowhere to be found. The Axxess one is my plan B.....
Their website appears to show that it's in stock?
https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT838/m650-gm.html
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 03:44 PM   #22
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
Quote:
Dude, you come into my thread, make no contributions to my original query, only critique the other dudes's install?
TBH, I saw photos and thought they were the OP without going back and checking who was the OP. Not common for unrelated build photos to end up in a thread like you intended. Kind of de-railed it.

I have no personal experience with the product you listed. I can read the manual and make assumptions based on experience with similar products if you'd like. Axxess is a fine company and their products usually work well. My concern with any of these interfaces is noise. They aren't built to the price point necessary for noise to be a non-issue. While it's not cheap, that cost is not put into the audio sections and the form factor is much too small to compete with comparable products from Alpine, Helix, Mosconi, etc. but it's probably similar to new, entry-level Zapco, Dayton, Audio Control, etc.

This is an all-in-one interface and 10 channel DSP. You would not need another DSP. Installing this seems straightforward but I don't have experience with their software, so no idea how easy it is to tune. No where in that link does it mention Bose except the main page. Usually, the install instructions mention Bose but if it just bypasses the amplifier then maybe it's more "universal"?

I also don't have Bose and intentionally did not want Bose because I didn't want to hassle with the interface, so I haven't invested time into understanding the best way to deal with Bose for this car. My recommendation is to avoid premium audio systems if you want aftermarket. This has been true since the late 80's. But the 2SS package is popular so it's helpful for people to have a resource for this kind of product.

Highly specific questions about infrequently used products will rarely get a lot of useful replies. It's not like people buy a Camaro for an audio platform, nor is it an overly popular car for that type of crowd. Most just add a sub and call it a day with no real focus on SQ.

I haven't spent much time on the forum lately, been wrapped up in side projects.

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22 . . . . . . . 6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 22k mi. @ April 2024
New Engine @ 22,600

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116

Last edited by keep_hope_alive; 01-13-2023 at 04:19 PM.
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 12:51 AM   #23
DualSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
TBH, I saw photos and thought they were the OP without going back and checking who was the OP. Not common for unrelated build photos to end up in a thread like you intended. Kind of de-railed it.

I have no personal experience with the product you listed. I can read the manual and make assumptions based on experience with similar products if you'd like. Axxess is a fine company and their products usually work well. My concern with any of these interfaces is noise. They aren't built to the price point necessary for noise to be a non-issue. While it's not cheap, that cost is not put into the audio sections and the form factor is much too small to compete with comparable products from Alpine, Helix, Mosconi, etc. but it's probably similar to new, entry-level Zapco, Dayton, Audio Control, etc.

This is an all-in-one interface and 10 channel DSP. You would not need another DSP. Installing this seems straightforward but I don't have experience with their software, so no idea how easy it is to tune. No where in that link does it mention Bose except the main page. Usually, the install instructions mention Bose but if it just bypasses the amplifier then maybe it's more "universal"?

I also don't have Bose and intentionally did not want Bose because I didn't want to hassle with the interface, so I haven't invested time into understanding the best way to deal with Bose for this car. My recommendation is to avoid premium audio systems if you want aftermarket. This has been true since the late 80's. But the 2SS package is popular so it's helpful for people to have a resource for this kind of product.

Highly specific questions about infrequently used products will rarely get a lot of useful replies. It's not like people buy a Camaro for an audio platform, nor is it an overly popular car for that type of crowd. Most just add a sub and call it a day with no real focus on SQ.

I haven't spent much time on the forum lately, been wrapped up in side projects.
Understandable. The reason I wanted a 2SS is because I wanted all those 2SS bells & whistles. Otherwise, later on, I would've been one of those guys trying to retrofit interior spectrum lighting into their 1SS and LT1 trims.
Plus some of those 2SS features are must-haves like the:
-Driver’s side auto-dimming exterior mirrors
-Heated/cooled front seats and heated steering wheel
-Head-up display
-Dual-zone automatic climate control
-Lane change alert with side blind zone alert
-Rear camera mirror
-Leather seats; my kid would've dirtied the cloth seats

Leaving the audio as the one variable I figured could be dealt with after the fact....
Old 01-31-2023, 03:49 PM   #24
Cox

Drives: Chevy Silverado 1500 Black Widow
I just installed the AXDSPX-ETH1, and it is way better than taking the Blose output through an Lc7i. Much cleaner signal. I'm still configuring the DSP, but it's great so far. You have to completely disconnect the amp, so you'll need some amps to power the doors, dash, rears, and back deck. You'll also need to pickup an E-123 Metra relay to turn multiple amps on. I originally connected two amps to the remote turn on coming from the AXDSPX, but it couldn't power either one on. Works great with the relay
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 12:28 AM   #25
DualSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox View Post
I just installed the AXDSPX-ETH1, and it is way better than taking the Blose output through an Lc7i. Much cleaner signal. I'm still configuring the DSP, but it's great so far. You have to completely disconnect the amp, so you'll need some amps to power the doors, dash, rears, and back deck. You'll also need to pickup an E-123 Metra relay to turn multiple amps on. I originally connected two amps to the remote turn on coming from the AXDSPX, but it couldn't power either one on. Works great with the relay
Oh snap, I just saw this! Finally someone pulls the trigger on this puppy.
Can you please upload pics of all your connections to/from the battery?
What amps are you running?
Does it sound good going thru just the Bose speakers?

Last edited by DualSS; 02-19-2023 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Forgot some stuff!
DualSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 04:20 PM   #26
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
Oh no... Another AXDSPX-ETH1 thread coming to a screeching halt. DualSS or Cox, please continue to share on this topic. Don't leave me hanging.

Do you mind sharing the complete install, as I am prepping to pull the trigger on this item myself and could use the insight. Amps, speakers, any other necessary equipment, etc.

Last edited by bandier; 01-17-2024 at 04:44 PM.
bandier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 04:58 AM   #27
DualSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandier View Post
Oh no... Another AXDSPX-ETH1 thread coming to a screeching halt. DualSS or Cox, please continue to share on this topic. Don't leave me hanging.

Do you mind sharing the complete install, as I am prepping to pull the trigger on this item myself and could use the insight. Amps, speakers, any other necessary equipment, etc.
Yo, sorry for the late reply. I have it up and running and can answer your questions.....
Old 04-16-2024, 10:19 AM   #28
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Yo, sorry for the late reply. I have it up and running and can answer your questions.....
Any issues? Are you glad you did it? I have been looking at this for my 23. I am going to try a post-amplifier signal solution first, but I think ultimately I am going to need a pre-amplifier signal.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote