Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-29-2016, 04:43 PM   #43
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
I have that sticker... C70 is listed along with S0O. I have the color shifting lighting on the doors, cup holder and around the MyLink screen and I can set them to follow the driving mode, go to show mode while not moving, or my choice from the preset color grids.

That's why I was confused. It was my understanding it was installed before I picked it up and that it flowed with the ABL. But, since it's so new and there's so few with it from the factory, I wanted to ask for those that actually have it and what it's supposed to look like from under the footwell and while it's in proper operation.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:16 PM   #44
Luigi91

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
I have that sticker... C70 is listed along with S0O. I have the color shifting lighting on the doors, cup holder and around the MyLink screen and I can set them to follow the driving mode, go to show mode while not moving, or my choice from the preset color grids.

That's why I was confused. It was my understanding it was installed before I picked it up and that it flowed with the ABL. But, since it's so new and there's so few with it from the factory, I wanted to ask for those that actually have it and what it's supposed to look like from under the footwell and while it's in proper operation.
It's right next to the white ones. If you are looking at the white bulbs, you would easily see them if they were one. I would take it in to see if it's hooked up correctly. I currently have a complaint in with GM anyway with regards to the brightness compared to the advertised pictures...
Luigi91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:20 PM   #45
BadBillyJack

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post

You need to contact the dealer you got the car from, most likely it wasn't installed. Either technician missed it, service adviser didn't add it to the PDI repair order, or the parts weren't available at the time the PDI was performed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
The fact remains, the Camaro designers have another fail in not transferring the clothes hanger from the ATS to the Camaro.
I, and every other Camaro owner that hangs clothes in their cars, need a solution.
BadBillyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:29 AM   #46
booger78z28

Drives: Waiting on my Hyper '16
has anybody found out where to tap into the dome/map lights yet?
12/10/21 bought a Silver Ice 2SS 6 speed with 40k
booger78z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:39 AM   #47
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris227 View Post
I have no idea. Not a electrical person. But I saw the strips in action on his car. Color synced as well. I keep sending him text badgering him about it. I think I'm going to get the door lighting kit and I would like to have the footwells work in combo as well so I really want him to explain it. I do know it's wired internal in that black box thing. He told me that. If I buy the door kit chevy sells will I get that lighting module box? Since I currently don't have the lighting package?
I bought the interior spectrum lighting dark night and it came with the module, wiring and spectrum footwell lighting.
Attached Images

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:51 AM   #48
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy24@Gen5diy View Post
GM does make an accessory kit to add the lighting to the doors as well as the footwells. It is only intended for those with the base radio, 7" screen. It actually adds a control module and switch to the car. The switch is located where the HUD switch would go on a HUD equipped model. Kit is just shy of $1,000. Sounds like Gen5DIY needs to make a kit
Offer-Yes please.
mgwarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:06 AM   #49
Hyper1SS

On the 7" kit it comes with a control switch because it can not be ran by the radio but on the 8" kit you do not get the control switch because after installed and the system reprogrammed you can control the lighting like it came from the factory by the radio.
Attached Images

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Old 03-20-2016, 10:42 AM   #50
Hyper1SS

Here is the 3 radio options.
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2016, 12:27 PM   #51
TECHTURTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy24@Gen5diy View Post
The GM footwell kit does come with install instruction's, but we thought we would do our own version for anyone interested. The kit includes 2 LED lights which snap into pre-cut holes in the underdash area. Install is about an hour.

http://www.gen5diy.com/image/data/Car Manufacturer/Chevrolet/Camaro G6/Install PDFs/Gen6footwelllights.pdf
Installed my kit today... Thank you Gen5diy for the instructions.

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 01:12 PM   #52
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper1SS View Post
I bought the interior spectrum lighting dark night and it came with the module, wiring and spectrum footwell lighting.
do you have pictures of the instructions for installing the door pieces?

Particularly, the part number to any door retention clips that are to be replaced rather than re-used.

I am building my own "spectrum" kit and fabbing up my own door swoosh lights like how you bought and want to make sure i have everything i need once i remove the door to put it back together.

As far as my footwell lights. They are not from gen5diy. They are tubes and they do stand out a bit wherever you mount them (probably about half an inch or so). I have them mounted far enough back in the footwells and off to the sides that you would literally have to have your head on the floor to see them.

I have a couple under the front seats too near the rear so that they light up the rear footwells as well.

I may be replacing these with my new "spectrum" system though.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:01 PM   #53
Hyper1SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
do you have pictures of the instructions for installing the door pieces?

Particularly, the part number to any door retention clips that are to be replaced rather than re-used.

I am building my own "spectrum" kit and fabbing up my own door swoosh lights like how you bought and want to make sure i have everything i need once i remove the door to put it back together.

As far as my footwell lights. They are not from gen5diy. They are tubes and they do stand out a bit wherever you mount them (probably about half an inch or so). I have them mounted far enough back in the footwells and off to the sides that you would literally have to have your head on the floor to see them.

I have a couple under the front seats too near the rear so that they light up the rear footwells as well.

I may be replacing these with my new "spectrum" system though.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444999

Old 01-29-2017, 03:38 PM   #54
KrustyShellback

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Does anyone know where I can get the "Light" that goes around the radio? I have a 1SS and it doesn't change color, want to change it to Red.
KrustyShellback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:27 PM   #55
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrustyShellback View Post
Does anyone know where I can get the "Light" that goes around the radio? I have a 1SS and it doesn't change color, want to change it to Red.
The easiest way for you would be to take apart the radio and remove the White leds. Then solder in some reds. Just reinstall and you're all done. I've included a pic of the white led that would need to be replaced. You would need 2 for both sides of the radio.
Attached Images

chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:37 AM   #56
Unbukwarrior

Drives: 1LT 2.0T A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper1SS View Post
On the 7" kit it comes with a control switch because it can not be ran by the radio but on the 8" kit you do not get the control switch because after installed and the system reprogrammed you can control the lighting like it came from the factory by the radio.
I have a 7in display so is the control switch for the 7in display footwell lighting or do I have to purchase the spectrum lighting first in order to have footwell lighting. My dealer told me that there was only one part number for the footwell lighting and that all models would take the same one. Are there 2 different part numbers for the 7in and 8in? I don't want to purchase the spectrum kit I only want the footwell lighting.
Unbukwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote