#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-21-2022, 09:02 AM   #15
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Aluminum is aluminum, in this way, so you should be able to strip and polish it, and or powder coat to whatever finish you want.

Stock wheels are hard to paint/powder coat because of the design. I've had a wheel powder coated, OEM color, twice, and it didn't come out great - at all.
Thanks for the info. I was concerned about that. I originally posted this question a while back. I’ve since decided I’m going to just bite the bullet and drop serious coin for a good quality wheel (Forgelines).
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 09:06 AM   #16
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
I can’t see your photo and I don’t have Facebook. Can someone copy and post here? TIA
I'm 50 you must be 60 plus? to want chrome! Nothing wrong I'm just drawing conclusion to when I see a vette with chrome wheels its always someone 60 plus hence old school. Just don't tell me your like the old vette owners that never get on it hahaha..

If it was me I would do the MRR reps that come in chrome I owned 3 sets of after market wheels the Z28 reps, zl1 1le reps and wife has the SS1le reps out of 3 sets they have been every bit as good as the oem wheels. never a balance issue or coating issue.

I'm all for an expensive wheel but the roads sux and you can always have a misfortune even being careful I'd do something cheaper for a daily car if its a car show only go with something pricey!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 09:06 AM   #17
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
Thanks for the info. I was concerned about that. I originally posted this question a while back. I’ve since decided I’m going to just bite the bullet and drop serious coin for a good quality wheel (Forgelines).
I had full confidence in my wheel shop, as I've used them many times in the past, and they were great. I had this wheel refinished TWICE, though, to OEM color, and the flake just didn't lay down right. Even the shop manager coated it the second time, and it didn't come out much better.

This time though, that metallic just killed the finish. Perhaps it might be better painted, but it won't be as durable as powder coat. I LOVE the design, though, and the only thing I'd change would be a wider wheel, like ZLE-type sizes. Regardless - if you're going as far as you probably would, cost-wise, with refinishing your OEM wheels, I think the road you're now going is going to be more cost-effective, and you'll get exactly the fitment and design you want.

I do know OEM wheels are made in China though, lol.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote