Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-20-2022, 09:18 AM   #57
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
After 5 years with my 2017 SS 1LE, I just ordered a ZLE.

Instead of spending money making the 1LE faster, I'm jumping up to it's 'big brother'.

I'm also tired of waiting for my Blackwing 5 to arrive, so I figure this flavor of the LT4 will keep me entertained.
News flash, the SS1LE is basically the ZL1 non 1LE minus the fun maker (blower). The ZL1 1LE is a tooth and back rattling racecar that should not be driven on the street. You'll see. If you ever loved your SS, I'd change or cancel that order and get a normal ZL1.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 10:40 AM   #58
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
News flash, the SS1LE is basically the ZL1 non 1LE minus the fun maker (blower). The ZL1 1LE is a tooth and back rattling racecar that should not be driven on the street. You'll see. If you ever loved your SS, I'd change or cancel that order and get a normal ZL1.
Thanks for the tip. The Blackwing is for street driving. The ZLE is going to be the Track/AutoX car.

I’ve driven a ZLE. The ride isn’t terrible here in Florida. I can certainly understand there are roads in the country where it would be a tough daily driver.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 04:22 PM   #59
Corbs09

Drives: Chevy Camaro ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bef18ZL1 View Post
I'm no car guru, so I just thought it meant what was implied...upgraded suspension for better handling...just like a Z07 pkg on a Vette, etc. But, I am getting used to it, I think...when I realized I wasnt breaking anything. Or maybe I am and just don't notice it I'll see how long my shocks last and keep checking my front splitter
lol you won't break anything, mine is still under warranty so I am actually hoping the shocks blow before its up so I can get some new ones.
Corbs09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 09:18 PM   #60
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bef18ZL1 View Post
I have Cont Extreme Sports or whatever on them. Dealer said the others were unavailable when they tried to order so they went with those. I said OK since this forum mentioned they were suitable.

Scratched my side front splitter getting up steep driveway to pick kid up from daycare...weeee. Dunno how I ever owned a Z06 😆
https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/v-2019...-front-spoiler

23329729 & 23329728 are the side deflector part numbers if you need to replace them. Not too expensive.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 07:56 PM   #61
BCT6956

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
I like what you’re saying with everything but the 1LE does not provide any additional cooling…

The wording can be misleading especially in motortrends 1le video.
For example, on the trucks the High Country says Leather seats, that does not imply a premier does not have leather seats. I think that’s how they were going about it.
Truth, nothing really special with a ZLE. To me it’s actually a downgrade from the ZL1 non 1LE. You lose the world class magnaride which is the best even the gt500 carries it a $140k car, the wheels don’t look as good IMO, the spoiler is hideous IMO. Why would you pay more for less? Just my thoughts
BCT6956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 10:02 AM   #62
TransamGTA350

Drives: 2023 Camaro SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCT6956 View Post
Truth, nothing really special with a ZLE. To me it’s actually a downgrade from the ZL1 non 1LE. You lose the world class magnaride which is the best even the gt500 carries it a $140k car, the wheels don’t look as good IMO, the spoiler is hideous IMO. Why would you pay more for less? Just my thoughts
It is special, it's just that the things that make it special are geared toward track use and are lesser for street use. It's a fabulous track car, but it's definitely more purpose built.

I agree with you that the regular ZL1 is the better car to for street use.

Tags
comparison, magride, suspension