Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-11-2022, 02:00 PM   #43
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
I think its possible for the high dealer price of used Camaros to come down some.
First of all they all are going nuts with high prices for Camaros and pick ups.
I saw modified but relatively stock F-250s and 350s approaching 100 grand.
Used diesels with kind of low miles. Higher trim levels and then expensive wheels with moderate lifts.
Its a balloon market based on the so called supply chain issues... and the semi conductor issues.
So yea as far as the high prices are beyond inflationary cost increases... as people start to feel the historically high inflation in their daily lives they will be less likely to pay high prices for discretionary products.
As for high fuel costs.... My truck gets 14 mpg. The 2SS averages 19.5. Reg fuel in the truck though. Im more concerned about the "administrations" comments about mandating E85.
The dealers made lemonaid out of lemons as the lots dried up. Selling garbage vehicles at or above MSRP which they couldnt even move 2 years prior.
Its a fast changing market. Interest rates going up. I think housing and auto markets could see reductions soon.
Still... I prefer ordering a vehicle in any market.
I dont like the choices salesmen make.
Old 06-11-2022, 08:05 PM   #44
Outrun

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
I can absolutely see prices coming down and not too far into the future, either.

Inflation, gas prices, and a lot of concern about the economy turning downward are putting a lot of people on edge about a lot of things.

I read something yesterday that said the average time to sell a Mustang right now off of a dealer lot (new) is something like 61 days. Granted, the ones that are dragging the average down are likely NOT the ones with V8's, but still...
Exactly! Econ 101 almost common sense. Patience is a virtue!
Outrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 09:57 PM   #45
bef18ZL1

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobtotheNoog View Post
That's a strong rate, what bank or credit union?
Parsons Credit Union in Cali. That was with their checking and auto pay. 2.75% without. Don't think I'm super stellar credit but do probably have 750+ and lower DTI. Rates jumped .25% in June but still better than anything I saw for 84 mo. They said my 18.zle with 8600 miles booked out at 64.2k on loan, so I basically had to come out of pocket sales tax and doc fee. Pretty painless process, aside from them mailing check and taking 3 days to get across country.
bef18ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 10:37 PM   #46
sactownbwoy

Drives: '22 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
The reason I'd prefer a zl1 is because I spent 5 yrs with my 2ss. Did bolt ons, but still wanted more power. You always get used to your power lvls lol, also, I'd have to put $4-5 grand into the car just to get it where I was with my old ss. New zl1's are 70k + after everything is said and done, that is about 9 grand over budget, so new is kind of out of the question. I can barely swing the used zl1 prices, but its just so hard to justify. I only got 36k for car and after taxes and registration I got 40.7k total for the accident, paid rest of the car off at 13.2k, put $8500 to clear out my debt, and I'm left with 18 grand, gonna try going a month without a car and try to get up to 20k, so that would be my down, so If anyone knows of any deals hmu pls!

If you don't mind coming to Cali, this one, ZL1, has been on the lot for about 3 months. I'm guessing they are asking some ridiculous markup but I bet you could talk them down.
sactownbwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 10:47 AM   #47
ScoobtotheNoog

Drives: Where to begin...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bef18ZL1 View Post
Parsons Credit Union in Cali. That was with their checking and auto pay. 2.75% without. Don't think I'm super stellar credit but do probably have 750+ and lower DTI. Rates jumped .25% in June but still better than anything I saw for 84 mo. They said my 18.zle with 8600 miles booked out at 64.2k on loan, so I basically had to come out of pocket sales tax and doc fee. Pretty painless process, aside from them mailing check and taking 3 days to get across country.

Thanks for the lead man! I just joined. Thier rates are a good 1.5 - 2% better than the CU's in my area.
ScoobtotheNoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 11:56 AM   #48
shippingguy

Drives: 2024 Black ZL1, M6
When I picked up my 1LE I ordered at my dealer in Nov. I got financing through my dealer through Wells Fargo at 1.79% for 72mos. I have 860 credit so that helped.
Old 06-12-2022, 02:07 PM   #49
bef18ZL1

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shippingguy View Post
When I picked up my 1LE I ordered at my dealer in Nov. I got financing through my dealer through Wells Fargo at 1.79% for 72mos. I have 860 credit so that helped.
Haha Nov is like a century ago with how rates have changed since then. Good ole Fed doing their magic that won't actually work, but that is a topic for another day/forum haha
bef18ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 02:15 PM   #50
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bef18ZL1 View Post
Haha Nov is like a century ago with how rates have changed since then. Good ole Fed doing their magic that won't actually work, but that is a topic for another day/forum haha
Yeah, and 860 isn't an actual credit score. It translates to something likely just over 800 on the scale that lenders use for car loans. It's still a great score, but it doesn't tell the whole story.

Lenders in certain regions will do different things, and may have different agreements with dealerships. I have essentially "perfect credit" (there's no such thing) and the dealerships I bought two cars through in the last three years couldn't get me super-low rates because no lenders would offer it to THEM. In other words, the dealerships wanted their back-end cash from securing the loan in the first place so the rates I could get were basically average.

Your best bet is to negotiate your absolute best deal, try for your best financing deal, and then decline everything and offer to pay with a cashier's check. Dealerships get kickbacks from the lenders for securing the loans. If you don't get a loan, you could be taking money out of their pocket and their tune might change...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 11:35 AM   #51
shippingguy

Drives: 2024 Black ZL1, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Yeah, and 860 isn't an actual credit score. It translates to something likely just over 800 on the scale that lenders use for car loans. It's still a great score, but it doesn't tell the whole story.

Lenders in certain regions will do different things, and may have different agreements with dealerships. I have essentially "perfect credit" (there's no such thing) and the dealerships I bought two cars through in the last three years couldn't get me super-low rates because no lenders would offer it to THEM. In other words, the dealerships wanted their back-end cash from securing the loan in the first place so the rates I could get were basically average.

Your best bet is to negotiate your absolute best deal, try for your best financing deal, and then decline everything and offer to pay with a cashier's check. Dealerships get kickbacks from the lenders for securing the loans. If you don't get a loan, you could be taking money out of their pocket and their tune might change...
So my credit report on all reports shows 862, but that’s not my credit score?🤔
Old 06-14-2022, 11:39 AM   #52
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
The credit scores and their respective ranges are tied very directly to the specific calculation model and the 'version' of the score being used. While 860 is a valid number on a 900 scale with some of the newer models, it isn't the score that's used by lenders because they are using older models that cap out at 850.

Many of the consumer-facing services that show credit scores have shifted to using a newer model that caps out at 900. Look at the score provided by your credit card company or actually ask a car dealership to show you the credit report and score they pulled for you for a loan and you'll see those are all based on the 850 cap of the original models.

Your score is "Excellent". Period. Whether it's 815 out of 850, 860 out of 900, 95 out of 100, or anything else similar.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 11:40 AM   #53
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
Experien credit score is different than what lenders use. Usually lower than experien. Example I have 838 exp score, at dealership I have 799. Anyways, I need a car, can't find any on here, they sell too fast. So my options are 60k zl1 no mods( red)15k miles, or 62k zl1 15k miles no mods (white), or 62k zl1 with mods like headers and such with 31k miles. All 2017's, what do you guys think?
Booher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 11:49 AM   #54
Adios

Drives: 2023 and 2024 Convertibles
Quote:
Experien credit score is different than what lenders use. Usually lower than experien. Example I have 838 exp score, at dealership I have 799. Anyways, I need a car, can't find any on here, they sell too fast. So my options are 60k zl1 no mods( red)15k miles, or 62k zl1 15k miles no mods (white), or 62k zl1 with mods like headers and such with 31k miles. All 2017's, what do you guys think?

No mods red one
Adios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 04:20 PM   #55
BUFW

Drives: Your Mom
Quote:
That ember1205 has something to say about everything. Effin know it all.
BUFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 05:41 PM   #56
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
IMO, I like ZL1’s in white. Which color do you like out of White & Red? These two no mod cars appeal more than than the 35k mile car with mods.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote