CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Exactly.
X3 definitely not ELSD related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowser View Post
The "wiggle" is coming from the soft rubber bushings on the diff cradle.

The fix is either:
1. dropping the cradle and replacing the soft rubber bushings with the stock zl1 1le solid aluminum bushings

2. purchase the BMR rear cradle lock out kit. the kit does not require you to completely dropping the cradle..
^^^ this seems to be the fix.

Back when I started this thread in 2017 I thought it was just my car. Brand new car on the track with 800 miles on it I could barely keep it straight at the 1000' mark.

Really sucks GM never took notice on this one. I road around in a golf cart with one of the Engineers and tried my best to explain this issue at Camaro Fest... then ran my best times in that car. If I had kept it bushings would have gone in ASAP
Old 03-30-2022, 09:54 PM   #338
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
X3 definitely not ELSD related.

^^^ this seems to be the fix.

Back when I started this thread in 2017 I thought it was just my car. Brand new car on the track with 800 miles on it I could barely keep it straight at the 1000' mark.

Really sucks GM never took notice on this one. I road around in a golf cart with one of the Engineers and tried my best to explain this issue at Camaro Fest... then ran my best times in that car. If I had kept it bushings would have gone in ASAP
He knew you were another crazy person trying to explain to him how to re-engineer a car they put 5 years of R&D and testing into...

I feel what you all feel and felt it in my 18 and now my 21. When I go into the PTM modes like sport 1 or 2 or Race, the issue is gone. Both cars. Try it.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 10:02 PM   #339
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
And lets not forget that the ZL1 1LE was not designed to excel at straight line drag like performance. It was designed for the road course. So dont try to compare why did the 1LE get solid bushings over the standard ZL1. The 1LE version rides like shit on the street and I'd NEVER make my normal ZL1 ride like that intentional especially if I didnt know how and when to use the appropriate drive modes to get the correct level of performance from my car.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 04:13 AM   #340
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
And lets not forget that the ZL1 1LE was not designed to excel at straight line drag like performance. It was designed for the road course. So dont try to compare why did the 1LE get solid bushings over the standard ZL1. The 1LE version rides like shit on the street and I'd NEVER make my normal ZL1 ride like that intentional especially if I didnt know how and when to use the appropriate drive modes to get the correct level of performance from my car.
The BMR lockout kit doesn't cause the ZL1 to ride like shit. Its the 1LE struts that are greatly responsible for the harsh ride.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 07:39 AM   #341
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
The BMR lockout kit doesn't cause the ZL1 to ride like shit. Its the 1LE struts that are greatly responsible for the harsh ride.
I can second that, the kit has no tangible negative effect on ride quality with my MRC 2SS either.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 10:30 PM   #342
JD64

Drives: '19 Camaro ZL1 A10 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
He knew you were another crazy person trying to explain to him how to re-engineer a car they put 5 years of R&D and testing into...

I feel what you all feel and felt it in my 18 and now my 21. When I go into the PTM modes like sport 1 or 2 or Race, the issue is gone. Both cars. Try it.

which PTM mode seems to work the best? sport 1 - 2 or race?
Old 06-12-2022, 06:54 AM   #343
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
It felt like this for me on the stock GYSC3s but it never swayed after I put the PS4S on?? Idk but I recall the feeling your talking about. Not traction loss just felt like the car was floating side to side

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 09:19 AM   #344
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorforschool@gmail.com View Post
It felt like this for me on the stock GYSC3s but it never swayed after I put the PS4S on?? Idk but I recall the feeling your talking about. Not traction loss just felt like the car was floating side to side
If I recall (and I haven't read this entire thread for a long time, so maybe it was already stated here), Jannetty had a similar experience with the side-to-side, and it sounded like it turned out that it was the OEM tires, which had belts that started separating or something. I'm just reiterating.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 11:42 AM   #345
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Yes, most of the time it is alignment or tires.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 11:51 AM   #346
NG329

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
In my case, the "Wiggle" was coming from the softer 2 settings on the rear sway bar. Putting it in the stiffest setting eliminated it for me. A driving instructor first noticed it on my car earlier in the season.

Squishy or squirmy feeling from the front came down to tire selection for me.
NG329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 12:33 PM   #347
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Yes, most of the time it is alignment or tires.
Mine was fixed with an alignment.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 12:40 PM   #348
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
I'm just not buying this many cars are out of alignment from the factory unless the owner has changed some part of the suspension on the vehicle or the alignment has gotten off due to driving a stiff suspension 1LE on normal streets with road imperfections that have knocked the suspension out of alignment.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 01:08 PM   #349
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
I'm just not buying this many cars are out of alignment from the factory unless the owner has changed some part of the suspension on the vehicle or the alignment has gotten off due to driving a stiff suspension 1LE on normal streets with road imperfections that have knocked the suspension out of alignment.
Me either.

I'll be honest... I've stated I thought there was, what I thought, a similar issue in the past. And - I know I've stated part of that was because the DRs' treads were balling up and I was driving on marbles as a result (and Thank You King' for that one). And all that is still true. But something I haven't really been able to confirm has been bugging me, and I don't know how to confirm it other than drive the car in a way that makes me very uncomfortable, and I'm not that interested to experiment.

I SWEAR, that at least a few times, I caught my steering input, perhaps, at least contributing to the sway. I could feel and watch the steering wheel oscillate right and left, slightly, and that, obviously, the car would be swaying in those directions. I can remember that times when I literally "bear'd down" and locked the steering wheel with my locked arms (and didn't allow the steering wheel to oscillate), that the car drove a LOT more straight, and the DRs squished around only a tiny bit. It was almost like the DRs would induce the tiny bit of sway, and that would cause my body (being in the car) to start to sway slightly, and then because I'm swaying the my arms aren't holding the steering wheel straight, and start exacerbating the sway from my body, exacerbating the sway from the car swaying, exacerbating the tiny bit of DR sway, then pretty much making the car undriveable because I'm a dumb@$$.

All that to say: I don't know that this many cars could be having this many issues on their own, and that I'm fairly confident that I know of at least one instance where the driver, certainly, wasn't helping the situation. I know on the OEM tires this is not nearly a problem, but traction sure is. The DRs bite just fine now, but that problem still remains, and it just feels like it's because I'm not locking the steering wheel straight.

JMO...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 02:18 PM   #350
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Funny part is mine was out pretty bad and I only have 4900 miles with no track days and it’s pretty much babied. Just some spirited driving from time to time. Huge difference since the alignment, when I would enter the highway from a ramp it would be pretty bad. Now it’s straight as the first day I brought it home.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote