Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - NY / NJ / PA

AWE Tuning

Old 02-01-2022, 12:34 PM   #1
metal33man
Metal33man

Drives: chevy 2ss camaro
Preliminary production to real production

I'm new here. I ordered my 2SS 2 weeks ago and all i get from gm is that it says order sits at "accepted preliminary production" On average how long till a production date is set? Dealer told me 8 - 12 weeks till delivery, is that even close to being correct? Any insights would be appreciated.
metal33man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 12:30 PM   #2
super_sxxy322

Drives: '22 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal33man View Post
I'm new here. I ordered my 2SS 2 weeks ago and all i get from gm is that it says order sits at "accepted preliminary production" On average how long till a production date is set? Dealer told me 8 - 12 weeks till delivery, is that even close to being correct? Any insights would be appreciated.
Hello there! Where abouts in NY are you? I'm in Jersey... so just curious!

As far as your order goes, the 2SS is still quite constrained with limited parts available. They are being picked up in batches it seems every couple weeks. For reference, I placed my order (2SS/1LE) with a NY dealer on 11/1 and GM accepted it for production around 12/26. My car should be built this week! Fingers crossed! 8-12 weeks would be awesome. But I wouldn't expect it. Do you know if your dealer is allocated for 2SS?

I would get an actual order number from your dealer and ask Joe in this thread...

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...5251&page=4628

He's been super nice about taking time from his own day to give us updates.
super_sxxy322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 01:00 PM   #3
L2SS455

Drives: VOM 2022 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal33man View Post
Remember, too GM the dealer is the customer not the buyer. It can take weeks too many months before your order will ever be accepted by GM and cannot be built by GM without your dealer allocation. Most dealers won't disclose their allocations amounts nor do they all know when and how many they will get for your specific build. Have lots of patience and if nothing happens by 4/7/22 you might want to check with you dealer to reorder an 23.
L2SS455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 05:52 AM   #4
metal33man
Metal33man

Drives: chevy 2ss camaro
I'm in Rochester ny. I found a different dealer and bought a car that is in transit, only problem is dealer can't find out where it is. The original dealer didn't have allocations available and didn't tell me that till i pushed him. Got my refund though on down payment
metal33man is offline   Reply With Quote