Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-01-2018, 07:47 PM   #253
Aperretta

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 647 View Post
I was having issues finding an exhaust that I wanted that would be easy to install with no welding. Found this thread and saw that generally corvette guys like this company. So I went ahead and ordered a full exhaust from billy boat. Today I finished reading this thread. Now I am worried I hope everything goes well for me, I was hopping to have it installed and tuned by December 15th for a half mile I am going to do.
Looking back on my experience, I wouldn’t back out yet. However, if I were you, ask for a turnaround time and explain that the sale will be cancelled if they can’t deliver on time. At least you’ll know what to expect this way.

The valves don’t do much, but the system sounds so good that I’m still happy. I think that this can be fixed with a tighter fitting butterfly valve. If you can get a realistic eta and don’t mind the valve thing, then the rest of the system is very high quality. It seriously sounds so good and the build quality is top notch. There’s just a few cons to consider.
Aperretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:14 PM   #254
JonD

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
I was having issues finding an exhaust that I wanted that would be easy to install with no welding. Found this thread and saw that generally corvette guys like this company. So I went ahead and ordered a full exhaust from billy boat. Today I finished reading this thread. Now I am worried I hope everything goes well for me, I was hopping to have it installed and tuned by December 15th for a half mile I am going to do.
Call for an ETA, if you’re trying to make it all for the December No Fly Zone you might need to change exhaust or just run the event without the exhaust on yet. Granted you probably don’t want to pay for a tune twice...

You going e85 as well and using Cordes?
JonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 06:49 AM   #255

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6 Whipple SC
Because of the blower I am about at the end of the fuel system, don't have enough for ethanol.
647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 03:53 PM   #256
XXX ZL1

Drives: 2023 ZL1 M6
Any vids of it yet making some noise?
High PSI Billet Valve Covers, Mighty Mouse Wild CC

Signature Forged 20x10.5/20x11.5, 295/30-315/30,
BMR springs, BMR Cradle lockout, AAD Billet
Control/Trailing arms

2023 Vivid Orange ZL1 M6 - sold
2019 Riverside Blue ZL1 A10 - sold
XXX ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:33 PM   #257
biker2k

Drives: 2018 2ss 1le
or picture of exhaust valve closed?
biker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:15 PM   #258
Aperretta

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker2k View Post
or picture of exhaust valve closed?
Sorry guys, I haven’t done much with the car. Haven’t driven it in weeks. Looks like summer ended here in early October and I have to rely on weekends with good weather (none for the past month). I can try to get a pic of the valves closed. I only have one lousy video, but I’ll try to upload it later. I really don’t drive the car in the winter because the Goodyear supercar tires spin in cold weather.
Aperretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:11 AM   #259
XXX ZL1

This is the good time of the year for us in Florida. Finally stopped raining and isnt hot as satans taint. Lol

Control/Trailing arms

Old 02-04-2019, 05:53 PM   #260

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6 Whipple SC
Not really trying to bring back a dead thread, but I want to post my experience with them so others can know what they are getting into. I ordered complete exhaust on 10/29/2018 received last piece 12/22/2018 after numerous times talking to different people. I was originally told it would be finished 11/09/2018. Was busy for Christmas did not get time to install until January, no rush sense I already missed my race I told them I needed it by. 01/06/2019(weekend), email them about fitment issue, Bill responds and wants to know if I am in phoenix area to get to them so they can look at it. I am about 50 miles from them, so I bring it to them when I have time. They had a car on the lift and the guy with the key left for an early weekend so they would not be able to get to it till the next week. This was not that big of an issue, the car was down and I towed it to them when I had free time and access to my friends trailer, they even made sure someone was going to be there because I got there after normal business hours. I guess the bend in the catless front pipe was not at the correct angle so the o2 sensors count not be connected. Got the car back 01/18. The few times I talked with Bill I did not like it, not really good with customer service, but Dave was good and a pleasure to talk to.

My opinion of the exhaust, more drone than I wanted for a DD. Mufflers don't do anything, my car had NPP, now all the modes sound the same. If this is what I had wanted I would have gone with a non NPP exhaust without mufflers to save on the weight.

Here is a time line of the events:
10/29 Placed order, 5-7 days for production, an extra 5 for coated tips. Completion date should be November 12-14 according to their website
11/1 Contact them via website, told them I need to get these in and be able to install them and get a tune done by mid December for an event. They responded the next day "I hope to have it all shipped out by next Friday."This would be November 9, A couple business days early.
11/16 Reply to there email asking for an up date, no response.
11/26 Call there number, no answer, no voicemail box.(later discover they have 2 numbers on website)
11/27 Contact them via website again, explain what has happened so far. Get a response almost immediately, this was kind of late at night, so I was pleasantly surprised, there response: Your system is done and are getting the tips coated will ship this week, probably Thursday (This would be the 29th)
11/28 Get email from UPS saying I have a package coming(Scheduled Delivery Date: Thursday, 11/29/2018)
11/29 UPS receives 1st package
11/30 UPS receives second package, I receive front pipes and mid pipes
12/1 I receive Axle back(still no headers??)
12/6 Called and got hold of someone, was told it would probably ship Monday(the 10th) from a different facility in another state
12/17 last Shipment shipped
12/22 received headers
01/08 Called and talked about exhaust fitment issues.
01/10 Towed car to them
01/16 Car was ready to pick up
01/18 Had car towed home

Here is the picture of the fitment, this was the passenger side, driver side was not as bad but still unusable:
647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:24 PM   #261
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Not really trying to bring back a dead thread, but I want to post my experience with them so others can know what they are getting into. I ordered complete exhaust on 10/29/2018 received last piece 12/22/2018 after numerous times talking to different people. I was originally told it would be finished 11/09/2018. Was busy for Christmas did not get time to install until January, no rush sense I already missed my race I told them I needed it by. 01/06/2019(weekend), email them about fitment issue, Bill responds and wants to know if I am in phoenix area to get to them so they can look at it. I am about 50 miles from them, so I bring it to them when I have time. They had a car on the lift and the guy with the key left for an early weekend so they would not be able to get to it till the next week. This was not that big of an issue, the car was down and I towed it to them when I had free time and access to my friends trailer, they even made sure someone was going to be there because I got there after normal business hours. I guess the bend in the catless front pipe was not at the correct angle so the o2 sensors count not be connected. Got the car back 01/18. The few times I talked with Bill I did not like it, not really good with customer service, but Dave was good and a pleasure to talk to.

My opinion of the exhaust, more drone than I wanted for a DD. Mufflers don't do anything, my car had NPP, now all the modes sound the same. If this is what I had wanted I would have gone with a non NPP exhaust without mufflers to save on the weight.

Here is a time line of the events:
10/29 Placed order, 5-7 days for production, an extra 5 for coated tips. Completion date should be November 12-14 according to their website
11/1 Contact them via website, told them I need to get these in and be able to install them and get a tune done by mid December for an event. They responded the next day "I hope to have it all shipped out by next Friday."This would be November 9, A couple business days early.
11/16 Reply to there email asking for an up date, no response.
11/26 Call there number, no answer, no voicemail box.(later discover they have 2 numbers on website)
11/27 Contact them via website again, explain what has happened so far. Get a response almost immediately, this was kind of late at night, so I was pleasantly surprised, there response: Your system is done and are getting the tips coated will ship this week, probably Thursday (This would be the 29th)
11/28 Get email from UPS saying I have a package coming(Scheduled Delivery Date: Thursday, 11/29/2018)
11/29 UPS receives 1st package
11/30 UPS receives second package, I receive front pipes and mid pipes
12/1 I receive Axle back(still no headers??)
12/6 Called and got hold of someone, was told it would probably ship Monday(the 10th) from a different facility in another state
12/17 last Shipment shipped
12/22 received headers
01/08 Called and talked about exhaust fitment issues.
01/10 Towed car to them
01/16 Car was ready to pick up
01/18 Had car towed home

Here is the picture of the fitment, this was the passenger side, driver side was not as bad but still unusable:
Thanks for posting. Appreciated.

Pics not showing.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:50 PM   #262
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperretta View Post
Sorry guys, I haven’t done much with the car. Haven’t driven it in weeks. Looks like summer ended here in early October and I have to rely on weekends with good weather (none for the past month). I can try to get a pic of the valves closed. I only have one lousy video, but I’ll try to upload it later. I really don’t drive the car in the winter because the Goodyear supercar tires spin in cold weather.
I'm still interested in your thoughts on your BBE. With summer weather here and school (likely) over , hopefully you have gotten some seat time.

Please post your opinions when convenient. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:10 PM   #263
XXX ZL1

I ordered the full system from American Racing with there mufflers and all. That is in response to the issues you guys have had with B&B. I had issues with them on an exhaust on a truck years ago, but seems they just dont have these systems fit and finish ready. So they lost $3800 sale and I'm sure mine isnt the only one!

Control/Trailing arms