Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-01-2015, 07:48 PM   #85
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Yea I made sure to pay attention today and visibility is exactly the same out of the 19% side windows as the windshield. No different. You do know with tint they make it so that you can't see from the outside but u can see from the inside right
Old 05-01-2015, 08:38 PM   #86
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Mine is tinted and the only problem I have is when it's raining while it's dark but I don't drive it when it's that condition, other than that I can see just fine and it's not the legal limit either, 35% all the way around and not one problem. Plus it helps with restricting a lot of light coming in and I get headaches a lot and the tint helps a lot with preventing the headaches. And of course it makes the car look nice, tint is on for number of reasons not just to look cool or show off so saying it is unsafe is an invalid point but that's your own opinion.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:43 PM   #87
gtaylor318

Drives: 2013 Lt 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertwheal View Post
Do you get it removed and then just put it right back on?
After the 2nd ticket I took off tint front two windows...it was a 4 door 2002 Lincoln Towncar No problems since
gtaylor318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:46 PM   #88
AnUnarmedMan

Drives: 2013 LS
At least he didn't shoot you, or put you in the back of his cruiser handcuffed and without a seatbelt, then do doughnuts while your spine severs. F Tha police
Old 05-01-2015, 09:01 PM   #89
ratfinkharley

Drives: 15 JKU, 00 S10, 73 Vette, 12 JK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
It ISN'T a free country. It is ILLEGAL. And it is ILLEGAL for a reason - it has killed people before and it will kill more people.... Driving is not a right, it is a privilege, and you're putting my life into your hands by disregarding my safety so you can look cool. That's what you're doing.
Your tail lights look tinted? That's illegal and puts others at risk.

Please present data to support your facts. Ever consider the fact that Crystalline windshield tint reduces headlight glare, improving night driving vision?

My windshield is tinted and I accept the risk of a ticket. Just as many accept the risk of a ticket or unsafe driving consequences when they don't obey traffic laws.

RotoFab CAI - VMaxx Ported TB - Apex Catch Can - CFD Shifter - Choppers Inc Loaded Dice Shift Knob
ratfinkharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:03 AM   #90
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
It's not just aesthetics. In some areas, the sun really beats on your car and deteriorates the interior as well as making it just plain hot. Who wants to sweat for 5 minutes waiting on the AC to catch up.

I have tint first and foremost because of the sun and second because it looks good.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:06 AM   #91
Mikey D

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
Yes, people get pulled over for tint. It is illegal in most states.

The Camaro already has horrific visibility. Why anyone would want to make it even worse confuses me. I guess I don't get the aesthetic appeal. Tint is like a big tattoo. It seems like a good idea at first but it's only a matter of time until you regret it.
What are you talking about? Tint looks great on these cars. Also functional for people who don't live in cold climates like Philly. The sun gets hot in the south, gotta have tint for the summer.

Obviously you don't like tattoos and therefore would regret getting one, doesn't make it true for everyone else.
Mikey D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:20 AM   #92
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
Yea I made sure to pay attention today and visibility is exactly the same out of the 19% side windows as the windshield. No different. You do know with tint they make it so that you can't see from the outside but u can see from the inside right
How did you measure the light? If you didn't use the same light meter, the results of your test only apply to you under those particular daytime conditions (yesterday ranged from cloudy but fairly bright to outright sunny in our region). And maybe your test only holds "for now", as even your eyes will change over time.

IOW, while you may be able to cope with 19% perfectly well under some or even most conditions now, others can't or won't. And eventually you probably won't be able to either. Insisting that 19% is a good tint level for everybody forever - your arguments do come off sounding like you think it's a universal truth - won't make it so.

Norm
Old 05-02-2015, 07:21 AM   #93
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey D View Post
What are you talking about? Tint looks great on these cars. Also functional for people who don't live in cold climates like Philly. The sun gets hot in the south, gotta have tint for the summer.
Philly is a cold climate

And I never said 19% is good for everyone I just said it affects visibility 0 @Norm
Old 05-02-2015, 08:02 AM   #94
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
And I never said 19% is good for everyone I just said it affects visibility 0 @Norm
At least we're getting somewhere.

You may perceive it to not affect you at all, personally, under the conditions of your test. But ultimately you're arguing with physics (and time) here, not me.

Norm
Old 05-02-2015, 08:53 AM   #95
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Philly is a cold climate
Where I live it never drops below freezing. I don't think you can say that about Philly. Comparatively it's cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin45 View Post

I have tint first and foremost because of the sun and second because it looks good.
My last trip to Jonesboro I was wearing a suit and it was 102 degrees (not heat index) and 90% humidity. I haven't been that miserable since the summer I spent in Ft. Jackson 30 years ago and that includes many trips to Vegas and Phoenix.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 09:02 AM   #96
Surfrod

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Camaro
I debated hard about tinting my windows and i never went ahead and did it even though the salesman at the dealership recommended doing it. Now I guess I won't do it. I'll just ware my sunglasses, who need to be pulled over!
Surfrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 09:12 AM   #97
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Cell cams have taken all the fun out of being a police officer.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:17 AM   #98
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
Cell cams have taken all the fun out of being a police officer.
Do you mean you wish there were no cams so they can keep beating people?