Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-09-2018, 03:13 PM   #239
Aperretta

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
The current level of drone is tolerable. It is worst at 1500 rpms, but I can handle it.
Aperretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:32 PM   #240
Aperretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18ss376 View Post
After doing my homework I am getting the BBE complete exhaust system.
Headers to mufflers with SS quad tips, NPP & AFM on.

Should be a good choice but check on afm valves and plan on 2 months eta. Follow my review to see if I can come up with a solution for the NPP blow-by. I think NPP will be worth it on this system if I can fix that issue. I would ask them if the afm valves are the same way. That would concern me.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:51 AM   #241
Goldfish

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Did you mean 50hp?
BBE told me 50-75hp gain on my LT1 with complete system.
Cat-back vs. headers back + tune numbers I assume.
Goldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:52 AM   #242
Goldfish

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperretta View Post
Should be a good choice but check on afm valves and plan on 2 months eta. Follow my review to see if I can come up with a solution for the NPP blow-by. I think NPP will be worth it on this system if I can fix that issue. I would ask them if the afm valves are the same way. That would concern me.
Why are YOU having to fix the NPP blow-by issue? I don't understand why BBE would put the wrong valves in and/or not test them.
Goldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:38 AM   #243
Aperretta

Quote:
Did you mean 50hp?
BBE told me 50-75hp gain on my LT1 with complete system.
No, I only have their cat-back system with no tune. I didn't expect much for gains. 5 HP seems reasonable to me.

From their website: https://www.bbexhaust.com/camaro/, "A full package of headers, x-pipe, and axle-back will give you gains of approximately 35-45 hp on top of your already 505 hp."

They seem to be still working the kinks out of this new system and the details. None of the current models offer 505 HP, which I actually brought to their attention already, in an attempt to help them clean up the details on their webpage.

So, as far as what to expect for horsepower? Who really knows. They don't seem to have any dyno results and don't even know what the stock hp is.

Still, I have mostly positive things to say so far, but there have been downsides that I've tried to document.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:41 AM   #244
Aperretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfish View Post
Why are YOU having to fix the NPP blow-by issue? I don't understand why BBE would put the wrong valves in and/or not test them.
I'm doing it because I can have it done in a few hours, versus waiting 2 more months. Once I have this fixed, I'm going to pass the feedback and results to them, so that they know there's an issue and a way to greatly improve their product.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:31 AM   #245
Aperretta

Quote:
If they don't know that stock hp is 455 & no dyno results to back up there statement then it's hard to buy a product from them. Keep us updated on yours, thanks for all your help.
Between work and school, I didn't get a chance for a stock dyno, but I plan on getting one before and after headers. Despite the not so smooth process, I'm still thinking about getting BBE headers.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:24 AM   #246
biker2k

Drives: 2018 2ss 1le
any progress on this?
biker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 12:27 PM   #247
Aperretta

The weather dropped down to 50 degrees a couple of weeks ago and we've had a lot of rainy days (we even had snow recently!). Haven't driven the camaro much. I might not be able to do anything with this for awhile now, because I need good weather on a weekend and also need my wife to be free to record some accels and drive by's. Sorry to disappoint, but I'm also bummed that I lost all of the good weather before my system showed up.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:04 PM   #248
biker2k

Drives: 2018 2ss 1le
well
thanx for all you've done I guess im just waiting to hear that the npp functionalityis fixed and that it sounds great also if you noticed any power gains...
im dying to pull the trigger but not if its cant be made right..
biker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:53 PM   #249
Aperretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker2k View Post
well
thanx for all you've done I guess im just waiting to hear that the npp functionalityis fixed and that it sounds great also if you noticed any power gains...
im dying to pull the trigger but not if its cant be made right..
I'm bummed that the weather has been bad on the weekends, and throughout the week, I work and have school (night classes). Wish I had more time to play around. I wanted to get a bunch of videos and write up a helpful review, but I think my window of good weather might be over with.

What I will say is this:
After driving it to work a few times and cruising around a little bit, the tone of this is intoxicating. I really love it. The overall quality seems really good, now that the buzzing is fixed. The valves are super beefy, but the one bad thing is that the butterfly valve is probably 3-4 mm too small in diameter. There's no issue with it operationally, but the gap allows too much blow-by to reduce the sound.

If this would have shown up over the summer, I would have had a bit of time to tinker with the butterfly valve and write a review. I think I would still buy this again. I feel like the quality is higher than most others, but the one drawback is that you will need to be creative with the valve. If you're on the fence, I think you should go for it. However, winter is here and maybe you could talk with them about the valve and see if they can come up with a fix before the warm months.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:02 PM   #250
Aperretta

This is the reason the valves are not quieting the system. But the 2nd pic shows how much beefier the valve system is, compared to stock.
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2018, 01:22 AM   #251
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperretta View Post
This is the reason the valves are not quieting the system. But the 2nd pic shows how much beefier the valve system is, compared to stock.
Do you have a picture of the valve closed?
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:16 PM   #252

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6 Whipple SC
I was having issues finding an exhaust that I wanted that would be easy to install with no welding. Found this thread and saw that generally corvette guys like this company. So I went ahead and ordered a full exhaust from billy boat. Today I finished reading this thread. Now I am worried I hope everything goes well for me, I was hopping to have it installed and tuned by December 15th for a half mile I am going to do.
647 is offline   Reply With Quote