Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-23-2021, 09:45 PM   #57
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Ok, as a "parent" how do I stop that?

I see people on here justifying the event(s), just not the outcome. How do you change it?

I am listening?

- My father would dig his ass out of the grave, scold me (not even physically), and say WTF! 100+ people there and you cannot organize a meet, with some kind of track time?
I’m pretty sure most of these pages advertising pop up meets like the one this happened at are guys in highschool living it up on social media, which is also their audience.

I see constant posts here, in the Houston area groups, asking when the next street meet or if there’s a spot that day. I’m more convinced on going to the drag strip and track after this rather then anything on the street.

I can’t say much, I’m practically the same age as this guy but I definitely don’t wanna go to any of these meets anymore. I’ve heard that there are some that are responsible which have actual rules for the meet but after a certain amount of people arriving I feel it’s not possible to regulate these things unless there’s actual police involvement as overseers.
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:46 PM   #58
NEZL1

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Car looks good for that impact. Crazy but that looked survivable for both the camaro and the car it hit
NEZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:54 PM   #59
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEZL1 View Post
Car looks good for that impact. Crazy but that looked survivable for both the camaro and the car it hit
If it had been just the two cars in this same situation I would say there would have been no casualties, if there was someone in the back of the black car then maybe.

If you’re talking cars itself, maybe the Camaro could be fixed but no one would make any profitable venture on that car, the black car is scrap now if I’m remembering the condition of it right
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 12:03 AM   #60
Kemo Savy
Banned

Drives: Make it a 6 speed in SS trim.
Pretty sure that guy is a member here.
Kemo Savy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 12:29 AM   #61
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
there is a time and place for just about everything. that one was neither for any of that stuff. sad.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:08 AM   #62
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
I don't get these show off events. Hundreds of people standing right next to mostly unskilled drivers that just hit the gas to the floor or trying to do donuts to be cool? Man this is from every possible point of view a bad idea.

If you want to "show off", go drag or race tracks. Be passionate and learn to really become a skilled driver and how to perfectly handle your car. If you can do fast times, that is something to be proud of.

And if you just want to show how nice your car is, there are enough car meets with show & shine contests.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:22 AM   #63
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo Savy View Post
Pretty sure that guy is a member here.
He may be, but I doubt he will be posting for quite a while. Hard to post from jail I'd imagine.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 06:43 AM   #64
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
It’s good you didn’t find out. If your stock he mighta got you. Saw one souped up pull away from 470hp GT. Some of those come stock with 1000lb torque and easily gen get 600-800HP. He woulda did something stupid and you were involved could end up with some stiff charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True. That was also in the back of my mind, like, he's probably got enough tricks in that truck to make it too close for comfort. And why would he try to egg on a Camaro SS unless he knew what he had? But I'm not racing a hilljack - or anyone - on the street anymore. I'm too old for that crap and I'm not going to put myself into a position where I could wreck my Camaro. If it ever gets wrecked it will be someone else's fault lol
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:39 AM   #65
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
True. That was also in the back of my mind, like, he's probably got enough tricks in that truck to make it too close for comfort. And why would he try to egg on a Camaro SS unless he knew what he had? But I'm not racing a hilljack - or anyone - on the street anymore. I'm too old for that crap and I'm not going to put myself into a position where I could wreck my Camaro. If it ever gets wrecked it will be someone else's fault lol
My rule of thumb is, if there is a chance that my car is getting scratched... then there is a chance that I'm not doing whatever "it" is. Keeping the vehicle undamaged has been & probably will always be my top priority. Sound a bit insensible? (what about safety of people, etc.?) Perhaps, but not if you really think about it... people typically can't get hurt if the car stays unharmed, right?
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:50 AM   #66
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
The one thing I will say is that, even the V6 Camaro today is as powerful if not more so than most of the big V8 muscle cars in the 70s. Our cars are wound up so much more tighter than anything built in the 70s. And our V8 equipped Camaros today have performance only attainable by Lamborghinis back in the 80s. So the kids now have rockets that they're not really used to or have gotten accustomed to, and stomping on the throttle in a 2016+ LT1 equipped Camaro SS is a LOT different from stomping on the throttle on a 1970 Camaro SS with even a 396. You would take longer to get into a bad situation, and have more time to get out of one, than you do today. If you're not paying attention these cars will get away from you in a blink of an eye, literally.
I disagree...The cars back then didn't have the tire, brakes, and suspension technology that newer cars today have. So they actually got out of control much easier and more people were hurt in those cars from accidents. The difference is back then you didn't have social media platforms and biased news outlets pushing their narrative daily. People back then just let stupid sort itself out instead trying to pass laws to fix it.

Either way this incident had nothing to do with Street Racing.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA

Last edited by KingLT1; 02-24-2021 at 08:29 AM.
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:49 AM   #67
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Same here.

This wasn’t even that though. This was simply a circumstance of bad choices with deadly consequences.

Every day all over the world people die or are seriously hurt from the same recipe. It has nothing to do with cars per say, but everything to do with choices, actions & circumstances.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 09:01 AM   #68
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Same here.

This wasn’t even that though. This was simply a circumstance of bad choices with deadly consequences.

Every day all over the world people die or are seriously hurt from the same recipe. It has nothing to do with cars per say, but everything to do with choices, actions & circumstances.
Yep. It's like the scene from Back to the Future III where Flea eggs Marty on to a race and Marty throws it in reverse, avoiding a crash into a Rolls Royce that changes his entire future.

On a side note I think Marty's '85 SR-5 Tacoma would have beaten Flea in his '76 F-250 if Marty had the V6. If he had the 4 cylinder Flea would have won, but it'd have been close. Flea's truck had a 3 on the tree, and the SR-5 was a 5 speed.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 09:20 AM   #69
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
i doubt this kind of thing is going to get better until they make killing people in a car thru any act that is breaking an existing law 1st degree murder with a deadly weapon. prosecute, win and no chance of getting off. And instantly make any participants in a road-take-over such as this, illegal with social media sites all banning such videos and removing them.

would be interesting to see which part of that makes the most impact, but given the current generation, i'm betting it's not being able to post your videos about it so everyone can see.

edit: basically, having a license and driving a car needs to be treated more serious than carrying a gun. But i also suspect, we'll see a clamping down on speed limiters before that or turning on tattle-tale systems in most cars when you break the local speed limit. kinda hard to justify being able to quickly and easily reach the speeds we currently do with the driving tests we currently have in this country.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 09:26 AM   #70
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
i doubt this kind of thing is going to get better until they make killing people in a car thru any act that is breaking an existing law 1st degree murder with a deadly weapon. prosecute, win and no chance of getting off. And instantly make any participants in a road-take-over such as this, illegal with social media sites all banning such videos and removing them.

would be interesting to see which part of that makes the most impact, but given the current generation, i'm betting it's not being able to post your videos about it so everyone can see.
I think you've been in Cali a bit too long..

There are dozens of examples of things that had been deemed "illegal", but that is not a solution to any problem.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote