Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-23-2021, 03:52 PM   #43
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
I think nearly all of us are in here because we like the performance and feel of fast vehicles. We dont always use the potential.
In the 70s the people I grew up with raced EVERYTHING... if no contraption was around we raced on foot. Working construction we had these buggies that you stood on. Like a power wheel barrow... Yup.. we raced them... forklifts.. yup.. once in the snow at 4am in northern Conn my friend and I raced across Rt. 2 in empty tractor trailers... sliding the tractors a bit sideways.... we raced boats... bikes.. cars...
Now at 65... Im still a very aggressive driver. My F-250 is governed at 96... Commuting on the full dresser Harley... at times triple digits are needed to get around some people... I feel safer at 110 going around than I would sitting in the crowd of inattentive jokers texting...
So I am absolutely guilty and would be unlikely to have a bad thought about anyone racing their cars or whatever.
But..... this vid is ridiculous. Who the hell stands on the highway 5 feet away from cars rolling flat out at whatever speed?
Even still I have been to biker events on private grounds owned by a club where they had dirt drags. There was a crowd lining the track with only a 4' high chain link fence to protect them from a crash. Which means nothing. The track started as a 10 foot concrete pad, then 10 feet of blacktop. then it was dirt. Lots of fun.

And yes my friends Camaro that ran the 11.2 was highly modified to do that. And it was ridiculous at the time for a streetable car to run low 11's. And yes it was on "cheater slicks"
Old 02-23-2021, 04:14 PM   #44
Ademarco

Drives: 18 Ford Raptor, 21 2SS 1LE M6
Sad for all parties involved. I guess SS insurance rates are going up again. My broker told me it was cheaper to insure a ZL1, but didn’t trust myself with that much power. The SS is a handful as is and glad it has the electronic nannies. I have an MR2 Turbo with no electronic nannies and it has snap oversteer as it is mid engine and recall an administrator for the MR2 boards had a son pass away from it snap oversteer into a telephone pole splitting the car in half. Just know the consequences of your actions if something were to go awry. Hope this doesn’t enable the left to make use all ride mass transit or autonomous cars for “our safety.”

Another story is when I was stationed in HI, a soldier came back from deployment and riding his sport bike going 160mph and hit a car so hard that the car flipped. The bike and rider were in pieces. As always, stay safe everyone.
Ademarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:23 PM   #45
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
You could blame the you tubers like 717 racing on videos all the time and police, city officials doing nothing, are they blind? Kids see stuff like that and think it’s alright to do because they just saw a race on a highway or street. The lack of race tracks/drag strips due to the cost/interest is another big factor that street racing continues. But it’s been around forever and probably here to stay. My advice is to not stand near a road with no proper barrier protection in front of you.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:40 PM   #46
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Guilty as charged, but at the same time, as most people, if we do it, it will be at places where we are sure that no other people or cars will be affected if things go wrong.

I also don't go all out on strangers, and when I push the car, it's when the conditions will allow it. If there is heavy rain then I slow down to speed limit or slightly below, and if it snows and I don't have winters, car stays parked.

It's also different psychologically when you are trying to race someone and when you are showing off in front of a big crowd. .
Exactly, I wasn’t condoning what the kid did, it was the wrong place and time for a high speed flyby.
A smoking rolling burnout would have been better, but even then it can still go south and the outcome could have been the same.
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:30 PM   #47
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
I say we start with the parents before you start shoving more regulations on me.
With what...regulations?

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:31 PM   #48
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
I don't think it was parked. Witness reports and the briefing by the cop say that the black Malibu had just pulled out of a parking lot where the "meet" was happening. Was in a strip mall with other businesses, so they may not have even been a part of the "meet". Clearly they didn't expect someone would be coming at 100+. Probably glanced to the left as they were pulling out and saw lights way down the road, expecting those lights to be at normal speed and thinking they had time to pull out onto the road.
Amazingly some of these idiots are standing on the far side of the road, literally on the edge of a road they knew someone would be coming down at very high speed. Darwin's theory, except more often than not the Darwin award candidate aren't the ones who pay the price.

BTW, I think the 1LE is totaled.
Maybe this has been covered, but it does not look like an SS1LE, it's an SS, it has SS brakes, SS hood, SS tire width it looks like too.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 06:15 PM   #49
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Those poor Powerstop pads he installed a few months back never stood a chance
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 07:52 PM   #50
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
This is just sad. Immature, reckless and stupid. There are a lot of people in the world with more money than brains, and this is proof of it.

About a month after I bought my car, I had a hilljack in a beefed up Ram 2500 Cummins want to race me at a red light. And I could tell it was the 6 speed as he was reving the engine and rocking forward and backward a little. It was souped up. I don't know what all he had on it but I wasn't going to find out, even though I knew I probably could still smoke him.

When the light turned green he gunned it and took off, pouring smoke out of the custom dual stacks he ran through the bed and smoking the tires too.

I caught up to him at the next red light, and he looked at me with such disappointment that I didn't oblige.

That's one thing about a car like ours - you're sure to bring out the wannabe racers in everyone on the road

It’s good you didn’t find out. If your stock he mighta got you. Saw one souped up pull away from 470hp GT. Some of those come stock with 1000lb torque and easily gen get 600-800HP. He woulda did something stupid and you were involved could end up with some stiff charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 07:56 PM   #51
6sigma

Drives: rally green LT1 manual
Some teenagers were goofing off with an unloaded handgun in my town. Turned out it wasn't so unloaded and a kid got killed. Completely unintentional, just reckless stupidity. Tragic loss of life and a ruined life for the kid that pulled the trigger. I see this event as the same thing. Reckless stupidity. Tragic, senseless loss of life.
6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:08 PM   #52
6sigma

Drives: rally green LT1 manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
It’s good you didn’t find out. If your stock he mighta got you. Saw one souped up pull away from 470hp GT. Some of those come stock with 1000lb torque and easily gen get 600-800HP. He woulda did something stupid and you were involved could end up with some stiff charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brodozers are the worst. 6000 lbs of lifted ill-handling steel with 800+hp and usually piloted by a young over-testosteroned jackwad with something to prove. I will intentionally avoid these idiots.

And I've owned several diesel 3/4 and 1-ton trucks so I've got nothing against the machine. I am very much opposed to new regulations and bigger government, however, I would be OK with some way to reign in the brodozers. Maybe a citizen reporting option where license plates of coal-rollers could be called in for inspection.
6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:18 PM   #53
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
With what...regulations?
No. be a ****ing parent. You are a parent and you should have the ****ing wisdom and intelligence to guide your kids. Tell them what the **** is up!

Dad or Mom, "son or daughter one day you will be able to hold a lot of power -DO NOT **** IT UP!

I am not saying regulate the parents or even hold them responsible legally, unless it is a child in your household Then, see above!

But it starts with parents.

We do not need better regulation, we need better parents.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:35 PM   #54
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
No. be a ****ing parent. You are a parent and you should have the ****ing wisdom and intelligence to guide your kids. Tell them what the **** is up!

Dad or Mom, "son or daughter one day you will be able to hold a lot of power -DO NOT **** IT UP!

I am not saying regulate the parents or even hold them responsible legally, unless it is a child in your household Then, see above!

What's sad is that this guy has now blown his entire life. If convicted, which I don't see how he couldn't be, he will be a felon. Good luck on the job front, good luck with relationships, good luck with just getting through normal life.

Yes parents should educate their kids better, but at the same time, you can't live someone's life for them. All you can do is instruct a child in how to be a good adult and hope that it sticks as they get older.

Checking out the Facebook link that was posted, this guy has a toddler. What is extremely sad is that the child is now going suffer growing up without a dad because dad wanted to impress a bunch of people he doesn't know and most he would have never seen again.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:47 PM   #55
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Ok, as a "parent" how do I stop that?

I see people on here justifying the event(s), just not the outcome. How do you change it?

I am listening?

- My father would dig his ass out of the grave, scold me (not even physically), and say WTF! 100+ people there and you cannot organize a meet, with some kind of track time?
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:57 PM   #56
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:

The problem with parents of this generation, is that some of them weren't parented as children themselves.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote