Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 02-14-2021, 09:45 AM   #1
TBDBITL0406

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 2LT 1LE
SS wheel fitment on V6 1LE

Trying to determine if the OEM wheels from the SS 1LE will fit on the LT/V6 ILE. I recently bought a 2017 V6 that has some worn aftermarket wheels and am looking at stock options. Thanks!
TBDBITL0406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 10:02 AM   #2
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Yes they will fit. You might need to grind down a little portion of the strut though - I forget, but I think the hob-to-strut flange on the non-MRC struts are a bit less clearanced than the MRC ones.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 02:03 AM   #3
DriftNDraft

Drives: 2020 1SS 1LE M6 was 2018 V6 RS A8
There's a 3.6% front increase and 1.2% rear increase in the number of tire revs per mile when going from the tires on the 1LE V6 to the tires on the SS 1LE. Not sure if that makes any real-world difference or not to whatever control modules are involved, although GM obviously uses a different calibration for the speedometer in each case.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=17
DriftNDraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 08:24 AM   #4
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
Yes they will fit. You might need to grind down a little portion of the strut though - I forget, but I think the hob-to-strut flange on the non-MRC struts are a bit less clearanced than the MRC ones.

It's the other way, the MRC take up a little more room.

The wheels should fit without problems. Much of the suspension can easily transfer across trim levels as well

Youtube Channel

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 10:42 AM   #5
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftNDraft View Post
There's a 3.6% front increase and 1.2% rear increase in the number of tire revs per mile when going from the tires on the 1LE V6 to the tires on the SS 1LE. Not sure if that makes any real-world difference or not to whatever control modules are involved, although GM obviously uses a different calibration for the speedometer in each case.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=17
Good point. Probably in the best interest to place a tire package that gives a similar F/R tire rev split to what GM developed the car around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshjowler View Post
It's the other way, the MRC take up a little more room.

The wheels should fit without problems. Much of the suspension can easily transfer across trim levels as well
Interestingly enough, I have seen pictures of early SS 1LE struts/early MRC struts that have a different hub-to-strut flange than my SS 1LE and later SS 1LE's. The flange looked similar to the regular strut's flange instead of the sorta S-curved flange on my SS 1LE's strut flange. But, yeah, the regular strut flange does lend to more clearance for smaller wheels than 20's and reviewing photos, I can see the clearance on SS 1LE/ZL1 20's not being an issue between either.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote