Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 03-10-2020, 09:01 PM   #71
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
I did on mine. No more rubbing with 305/35/20's
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 11:20 AM   #72
Black Hole

Drives: 2017 2SS Redline
I did relocate the harness. I've gone through that set of ET Streets and a subsequent set of same size M&H drag radials - no rubbing at all on either. For the record, the ET Streets were the best at 0-60 consistency.
Black Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 08:40 PM   #73
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
My car is in now getting Kooks and e85 tune. Here’s what I think I know about e85 that might be helpful to people whose tuners are arguing against e85...
  • E85 (ethanol in general) can be corrosive to valve stems and valve seats if the valve stems and seats are not specifically hardened to deal with the corrosion and pitting
  • LS and LT engines leave the engine plant hardened for E85 capability so it is not an issue for LS and LT engines. All they need is the flex fuel sensor and a tune

Because GM offered E85 capability on a lot of their V6 and V8 engines, it made sense to ship all engines from the engine plant hardened and ready for E85 usage. Which vehicles actually were E85 capable was managed at the vehicle assembly plant where the fuel lines and flex fuel sensors are assembled onto the car. This may not be true for other OEMs (Ford, Dodge). Ford is very likely to already be hardened because Ford also produced a lot of cars with E85 capability. I just don’t know for sure if Coyote equipped F150 was ever E85 capable.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 05:33 PM   #74
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
You will probably find that 90% of the members on here, to include tuners, would strongly disagree with your local tuners on this.

E85 is by far, the best bang for your buck bolt on modification.

Unless there is something weird in the e85 in your neighborhood, I would take that as a sign to look at other tuners or maybe a remote tuner from here.
Can you tell me if I install my E85 sensor kit, will I get a CEL before I tune for E85? I will never actually run E85 until its going to be used the day of my tune. I am trying to get my self ready with a few thing before my tune in March. I also under stand if I do something wrong installing the E85 sensor kit I should or may get a CEL, but if my install is correct I hope it will be a no issue with any CEL . Thanks in advance
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 06:18 PM   #75
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Can you tell me if I install my E85 sensor kit, will I get a CEL before I tune for E85? I will never actually run E85 until its going to be used the day of my tune. I am trying to get my self ready with a few thing before my tune in March. I also under stand if I do something wrong installing the E85 sensor kit I should or may get a CEL, but if my install is correct I hope it will be a no issue with any CEL . Thanks in advance
you will not get a cel. i had the dsx kit on my car for a year before it was tuned, no cel.
Old 01-20-2021, 06:37 PM   #76
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
you will not get a cel. i had the dsx kit on my car for a year before it was tuned, no cel.
Copy on that bud, thanks a bunch....appreciate it.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote