Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2017 Camaro Fest (VII)

Phastek Performance

Old 01-19-2017, 08:08 PM   #1
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 1LT
Tail of the Dragon after CamaroFest VII

A number of folks have expressed interest in hitting up the Tail of the Dragon after CamaroFest. If others would be interested we could drive down there together Sunday after the cruise.

**EDIT** Still awaiting final details about Sunday's cruise, so for now we'll make plans to leave after Sunday's cruise and festivities are complete.

Itinerary for CamaroVan to the Tail of the Dragon, post-CamaroFest VII:

- Sunday, after the cruise is finished: Drive to the Dragon Pitt Inn & BBQ in Maryville, TN
  • This is approx. a 4-hour drive (using interstates) from the host hotel in Bowling Green to Dragon Pitt Inn & BBQ, not including stops for bathroom breaks
  • $80/night
  • Close proximity to Tail of the Dragon
- Sunday evening: Free time / check in at Inn

- Monday 10am-12pm: 11-mile Tail of the Dragon main course, with Killboy photography opportunities
  • If others do not stay at Dragon Pitt Inn & BBQ, please make plans to meet us at the Inn by 10am
  • Leaving the Inn will take us on Tail of the Dragon from TN to NC, ending at gift shop/food options
  • There is ample time for 3 runs - coming down from the Inn into Deals Gap, running the course the other way, and a third trek back down to Deals Gap for lunch. This gives plenty of opportunities to enjoy the Dragon as well as get many photos from Killboy.
- Monday 12pm-2pm: Shopping and Lunch options- Monday 2pm-6pm: Moonshiner 28 to Dillard, GA
  • This is approx. a 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive (without stops) but might stop a few times for restroom and scenery/photography
  • 55 MPH speed limit on majority of road
  • Beautiful scenery
- Monday @ 6:30pm: Dinner in Dillard, GA at The Dillard House Restaurant.

- Monday after dinner: Stay at The Dillard House overnight or depart for your next destination, whether it's going back home or heading back up to drive one of the other amazing roads around the Tail of the Dragon

Details on where/when we will meet in Bowling Green prior to driving down to the Tail of the Dragon will come once details of the Sunday Cruise are finalized.

If you want to be a part of this group, comment in this thread indicating so and I will add you to the list!

Participants:
  1. RicSimonis - 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS convertible
  2. guapo - 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS coupe
  3. 2GRN4U - 2011 Synergy Green 2SS coupe
  4. tonyferdie - 2017 Black SS coupe
  5. Mr V - 2011 Victory Red SS convertible
  6. Lafourche1 - 2016 Summit White 2SS coupe
  7. Trebor - 2013 ZL1
  8. its a syn - Synergy Green coupe
  9. paul3078 - 2015 SS "Green Flash" edition

Last edited by TMasticTB91; 04-16-2017 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Updates to itinerary and participant list
TMasticTB91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 12:24 AM   #2
trz174

Drives: Used to Drive Blue Camaros
I'm interested if this is after or a split off from the Sunday Cruise that MLEE is working. My return trip is to Oak Ridge and any excuse to run the Dragon with a bunch of Camaros is good for me. I'm also Ok to do this on Monday if MLEEs cruise means another day in Bowling Green.
trz174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:27 AM   #3
RicSimonis

Drives: '17 2SS H50 Vert
Definitely interested.
I'm leaning toward a Monday run. Would plan on making my way down there Sunday afternoon after the morning cruise.

RicSimonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Here is the motel I stayed when I was there after CamaroFest VI. It is right at the start of the Tail. Dragon Pitt Inn & BBQ.

www.dragonpittinnandbbq.com/

2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 12:16 PM   #5
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
My son and I did the tail last year, it was a blast, might go again, I think my time was 18 min for the 11 miles, not bad for the first time....
Old 01-22-2017, 08:29 PM   #6
tonyferdie

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
I am new to all this so I apologize in advance, but what is this Tail of the Dragon?

Tony
tonyferdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:59 AM   #7
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyferdie View Post
I am new to all this so I apologize in advance, but what is this Tail of the Dragon?

Tony
There are a number of different routes, but the main one is an 11-mile stretch of road in NC/TN that has 318 curves in it. Very popular for motorcycles and sports cars to drive.

Their website is down but this page goes into more detail: http://tailofthedragontours.com/wp/d...herohala-loop/

Also these folks are positioned all along the Tail of the Dragon, taking professional pictures of the cars that drive by, that you can later purchase. http://www.killboy.com/#!
Old 01-23-2017, 03:54 PM   #8
tonyferdie

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMasticTB91 View Post
There are a number of different routes, but the main one is an 11-mile stretch of road in NC/TN that has 318 curves in it. Very popular for motorcycles and sports cars to drive.

Their website is down but this page goes into more detail: http://tailofthedragontours.com/wp/d...herohala-loop/

Also these folks are positioned all along the Tail of the Dragon, taking professional pictures of the cars that drive by, that you can later purchase. http://www.killboy.com/#!
Thanks for the help, This looks like fun if people set it up I would like to head down it.
tonyferdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:04 AM   #9
checkeredflag
TPW 4-11

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Conv. MRC M6 Npp
Watch those Tenn. Patrols on the tail!
Old 01-24-2017, 10:25 AM   #10
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by trz174 View Post
I'm interested if this is after or a split off from the Sunday Cruise that MLEE is working. My return trip is to Oak Ridge and any excuse to run the Dragon with a bunch of Camaros is good for me. I'm also Ok to do this on Monday if MLEEs cruise means another day in Bowling Green.
Awesome! I updated the OP; let me know if you're in and I can add you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicSimonis View Post
Definitely interested.
I'm leaning toward a Monday run. Would plan on making my way down there Sunday afternoon after the morning cruise.
Looks like this is what we'll do! I updated the OP; let me know if you're in and I can add you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
Here is the motel I stayed when I was there after CamaroFest VI. It is right at the start of the Tail. Dragon Pitt Inn & BBQ.

www.dragonpittinnandbbq.com/
Thanks for the suggestion, this place looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo View Post
My son and I did the tail last year, it was a blast, might go again, I think my time was 18 min for the 11 miles, not bad for the first time....
Let's do it again! I updated the OP; let me know if you're in and I can add you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyferdie View Post
Thanks for the help, This looks like fun if people set it up I would like to head down it.
You got it! I updated the OP; let me know if you're in and I can add you to the list.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:46 AM   #11
RicSimonis

Drives: '17 2SS H50 Vert
TMasticTB91,
As of right now, I'm in. I'll figure out the rest of the particulars soon.

Thanks for coordinating.

RicSimonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:04 AM   #12
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicSimonis View Post
TMasticTB91,
As of right now, I'm in. I'll figure out the rest of the particulars soon.

Thanks for coordinating.
Sweet! And no prob, excited to do this and looking forward to getting a group together!
Old 01-25-2017, 06:36 AM   #13
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
My son and I are in just let me know the details.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:07 AM   #14
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo View Post
My son and I are in just let me know the details.