Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Texas

Phastek Performance

Old 10-04-2021, 06:54 PM   #15
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Leave San Diego for for TX hot swamp shit weather and gun loving rednecks? LOL

You only move to TX from Cali for one reason and one reason only; you can’t afford to live here.
Old 10-04-2021, 10:48 PM   #16
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
You only move to TX from Cali for one reason and one reason only; you can’t afford to live here.
That's BS, anyone can afford to live there as long as they are making over 80k a year or have 2 income household, its just not everyone would want to.

To be clear - I am a gun loving centrist. I will say that I firmly believe that as a law-abiding citizen, I have the absolute right to defend my life against lethal force.

It is humid here, but the weather is cooler, we have water, there is no out of control fires, and best of all the governor is not releasing convicted criminals back into the population yet wondering why crime is going up. I could go on forever but I will keep it short. The reality is that the California dream ended 10 years ago and every year since increasingly has been for the worse.

I had seen the opportunity to get the hell out and I sold my house for such an obscene amount of money that I actually felt bad for the buyer.

The people here are not only proud to be American they are proud to be Texan; they are respectful and they are respectable.

I can also say with 100% certainty that I have yet to see any a$$holes wandering around talking shit about how great they are.
Attached Images

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:51 PM   #17
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Leave San Diego for for TX hot swamp shit weather and gun loving rednecks? LOL

That's TOTAL BS, I can't wait to leave San Diego for either TX or TN... And yes, I can easily afford to stay in SD, my San Diego house has been paid off for several years (I only bought it 10 years ago (3,600 sq ft)) and it has MORE than tripled in value (no BS, I bought my house for $520k and my next door neighbor just sold a VERY similar model for $1.73M) from what I paid for it (in 2011 at the bottom of the housing crash), but I'm still going to leave when I retire, in a frickin' heartbeat...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 12:45 AM   #18
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
That's TOTAL BS, I can't wait to leave San Diego for either TX or TN... And yes, I can easily afford to stay in SD, my San Diego house has been paid off for several years (I only bought it 10 years ago (3,600 sq ft)) and it has MORE than tripled in value (no BS, I bought my house for $520k and my next door neighbor just sold a VERY similar model for $1.73M) from what I paid for it (in 2011 at the bottom of the housing crash), but I'm still going to leave when I retire, in a frickin' heartbeat...
Um, I think you kinda proved his point? What normal person(s) income can afford 1.7 million for a house? My house has more than doubled in value, but that’s over a 21 year period, not 10 years. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for you on the asset appreciation, but it’s out of hand. And you better sell that puppy soon…finance rates will be rising sooner than you think. There’s going to be huge pressure on the Fed to slow things down and that will hit way overpriced areas such as yours the worst.

So back to Texas… I need to get down to San Antonio… worked with a consultant from down there. Good guy, tells me the women are beautiful. God bless Texas!!
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 12:51 AM   #19
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Um, I think you kinda proved his point? What normal person(s) income can afford 1.7 million for a house? My house has more than doubled in value, but that’s over a 21 year period, not 10 years. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for you on the asset appreciation, but it’s out of hand. And you better sell that puppy soon…finance rates will be rising sooner than you think. There’s going to be huge pressure on the Fed to slow things down and that will hit way overpriced areas such as yours the worst.

So back to Texas… I need to get down to San Antonio… worked with a consultant from down there. Good guy, tells me the women are beautiful. God bless Texas!!
But my point is, I don't care what finance rates are, even if I "only" sold it for $1.1M I'd still be up over 100%... I'm leaving in 5.0-6.5 years when I retire (58-60 y/o) and I'll never look back once Kalifornia is in my rear view camera mirror!!!...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
Old 10-05-2021, 11:11 PM   #20
SSUNDVL

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
California was nice for a long time, I enjoyed 10 years there but since I never went to the beach...norcal beaches suck and the snow has been less than stellar in Tahoe the past couple years CA didn't have much to offer me. I like going to to Miami, Scottsdale and Denver compared to any place in CA and now I can travel on a whim in under 3 hours. But if someone loves CA, good for them not my choice to live there.

Plus I don't have to deal with constant wildfire smoke and frequent rolling brown outs in the summer (not mentioning all the other bs that comes with ca). Instead can modify my car how I want and own the guns I want. So works for me but clearly many people still like California for whatever reasons.

Always cracks me up when I meet new people coming from California and they act like its there first time realizing there is better places in the US. I guess if people have a hard time making friends it is good to stay where their base is.
SSUNDVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 12:12 AM   #21
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSUNDVL View Post
California was nice for a long time, I enjoyed 10 years there but since I never went to the beach...norcal beaches suck and the snow has been less than stellar in Tahoe the past couple years CA didn't have much to offer me. I like going to to Miami, Scottsdale and Denver compared to any place in CA and now I can travel on a whim in under 3 hours. But if someone loves CA, good for them not my choice to live there.

Plus I don't have to deal with constant wildfire smoke and frequent rolling brown outs in the summer (not mentioning all the other bs that comes with ca). Instead can modify my car how I want and own the guns I want. So works for me but clearly many people still like California for whatever reasons.

Always cracks me up when I meet new people coming from California and they act like its there first time realizing there is better places in the US. I guess if people have a hard time making friends it is good to stay where their base is.
I agree... I'm in CA for ONE reason, my job, the day I retire, operations will commence to get me the hell out of here! Been here just over 10 years and that is WAY more than enough to know this is NOT where I want to be...