Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-22-2015, 08:10 PM   #337
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Anyone else notice the similarity in the lower body sculpting?
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2015, 08:15 PM   #338
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I did. But I think it more closely resembles the 5th gen's character lines.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:19 PM   #339
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tinkerer View Post
I'm working on it now. I have seen both. The way i have done it and your way to measure bolt pattern. I wasn't sure which is correct. Thanks for the help.
I'm no expert, but if it were a six bolt pattern, then you could go bolt to bolt, but since there are only five...
Old 04-22-2015, 08:23 PM   #340
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Does it look like it may be more pronounced on the Camaro - looks more drastic on Camaro?
Old 04-22-2015, 08:25 PM   #341
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I did. But I think it more closely resembles the 5th gen's character lines.
The 5th gen is narrow at the front getting wider towards the back before tapering quickly back at the quarter panel.
These both are wider at the front and gently taper back to the quarter panel, opposite from the 5th gen.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:26 PM   #342
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Does it look like it may be more pronounced on the Camaro - looks more drastic on Camaro?
Yes more pronounced but a similar shape.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:35 PM   #343
The Tinkerer

Drives: Not what I want!
I wouldn't swear by this, but I believe it is pretty close.
Attached Images

The Tinkerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:40 PM   #344
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
The 5th gen is narrow at the front getting wider towards the back before tapering quickly back at the quarter panel.
These both are wider at the front and gently taper back to the quarter panel, opposite from the 5th gen.
Quote:
Yes more pronounced but a similar shape.
You're right. Here's a few more shots supporting your eye.

But I wouldn't go so far as to say it's like the ATS...I think the ATS's character line is far more civil and mellow. I agree with DenverTaco that's very drastic and "in your face" on the Camaro. The camouflage is hiding some of the attitude.

Name:  Camaro 4_005.jpg
Views: 2651
Size:  209.8 KB

Name:  Camaro 4_001.jpg
Views: 2632
Size:  190.8 KB

Name:  Camaro 4_008.jpg
Views: 2626
Size:  153.3 KB
Old 04-22-2015, 09:32 PM   #345
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posaune View Post
FR-S is tiny. The back seats are in there for insurance reasons, not really for actual use.

We will most likely see a wheelbase around the size of the ATS-L but it won't be derived from the ATS-L since the extra length for that was added behind the driver to give the back seat more leg room. There looks to be more distance from the A pillar to the front wheels giving the Camaro the longer front hood look.

I believe that the wheelbase will be similar if not identical from spying the seating position of each driver in the pics shown above. I also see similarities in both cars wheelwell to front edge of door opening length and also rear edge of door opening to the leading edge of the rear wheelwell opening.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:27 PM   #346
RobWH

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentownage001 View Post
From Mustang6g
He wasn't thinking it through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

I've never read something that made so little sense.
That could be...

Quote:
But I guess after getting whooped in performance from every angle for the past 5 years; the prospect of dealing with it all over again, but with 200+ less pounds would make me nervous too,
I wouldn't go that far. GT500. Brash, hard to drive, whatever... it was what we all wish we could have in terms of factory equipped straight line performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The difference is Ford never came out publicly and said there was a weight loss of XXX amount. GM is publicly stating the 6th gen will lose at least 200 lbs curb weight.
I don't recall Ford coming out publicly w/ anything until we saw the car and even then, not a word on weight, but they did say it would handle better and it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
You nailed it. Ford just said that some components lost weight, but never said the whole car like Chevy did. Ford also didn't say other components gained weight. Funny how they mention one yet not the other.
Where/when did Ford mention anything losing weight, or gaining weight. I only recall magazines and "tuners" saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
I'm gonna say as crazy as it sounds until we have one on the scales you have to at least entertain the idea of him being some what right. I honestly think gm is comparing the heaviest 5th gen to the lightest 6th gen to get those numbers. I hope dearly that I'm wrong but I doubt a 5th and 6th gen will weigh 200lbs difference when having the same options. Maybe 50-100lbs at best.
Nahh... you can rest assured, the 6th gen SS will be 200ish lb lighter than the 5th SS, base vs base.

Quote:
I didn't say they said it would lose weight, I said they over promised and under delivered. In many performance areas the new Mustang was not superior to the old Mustang in performance.
The only test I'd consider really truly done was when Randy Pobst drove them each around the same track, but even then, he did it on different days. However, the new just smashed the old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
More likely the weight is direct comparison to previous model excluding any options. Think 1SS with no options. I'm betting our option packages will look similar to the C7. A lot of people are expecting the interior updates and features to weight a lot. The Malibu proves they can build a nice modern interior and still save weight. But at the same I fully expect a loaded (3SS?) with MRC to weight at least 3900-4000lbs still.
I nearly agree, but I expect the heaviest SS(excluding high performance packages) coupe to weigh in around 3800.
RobWH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro pounds, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 camaro weighs, 2016 camaro weight, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2016 chevy camaro pounds, 2016 chevy camaro weight, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen camaro weight, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation