Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-22-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Is $75,000 too much.

This is for all that think the Z/28 is to high priced, went to a dealer today and there was a new chevy Tahoe LTZ with the MSRP in the low 70K, dont get me wrong but if that is worth 70k + the Z/28 is worth 100K. IMO
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
hall92
AlyssaSTORM

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
I agree with you on this!
Old 02-22-2014, 03:07 PM   #3
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
If you can get over the fact that it's a $75k Camaro, it isn't as difficult to comprehend. The content in the car is what counts. If you look at the Z06 Corvette, to get the same kind of content that's in the Z/28, it costs over $100k. I think people focus too much on the $75k Camaro and not the $75k high performance car.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:26 PM   #4
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Couldn't agree more.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:38 PM   #5
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
what will be interesting is to see if any dealerships actually sell the Z/28 at MSRP. Up here the last I checked, M6 ZL1's were over 65K. A loaded C6 Grand Sport was 70K....and people bought them...

Local Ford has a 2014 Shelby at the "affordable" price of 72K..

IF we get a z/28 up here I would not be surprised if the dealership goes to 100k for it...
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #6
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
If you can get over the fact that it's a $75k Camaro, it isn't as difficult to comprehend. The content in the car is what counts. If you look at the Z06 Corvette, to get the same kind of content that's in the Z/28, it costs over $100k. I think people focus too much on the $75k Camaro and not the $75k high performance car.

Completely agree.

2016 Nightfall Gray Camaro SS
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:04 PM   #7
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
This is for all that think the Z/28 is to high priced, went to a dealer today and there was a new chevy Tahoe LTZ with the MSRP in the low 70K, dont get me wrong but if that is worth 70k + the Z/28 is worth 100K. IMO
And most Americans buy Tahoes used for that reason or buy a Escalade. Z/28 is over priced, period. It's a Camaro no matter which way you look at it. The Copo has justification.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:17 PM   #8
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Once again, I defy anyone to find a car with more track performance per dollar. This doesn't mean the Z/28 is cheap or a bargain; rather, it's a tool -- and, in this case, a track tool. If you want both outright performance AND the ability to be flogged all day around a track in high ambient temps -- without a whimper -- the Z/28 is the right tool for the job. If that's not your use case, you're far better served looking elsewhere...
Old 02-22-2014, 04:20 PM   #9
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Once again, I defy anyone to find a car with more track performance per dollar. This doesn't mean the Z/28 is cheap or a bargain; rather, it's a tool -- and, in this case, a track tool. If you want both outright performance AND the ability to be flogged all day around a track in high ambient temps -- without a whimper -- the Z/28 is the right tool for the job. If that's not your use case, you're far better served looking elsewhere...
I just want it to put a smile on my face. Anything beyond that I will consider gravy.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:26 PM   #10
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Z/28 is over priced, period. It's a Camaro no matter which way you look at it. The Copo has justification.
I don't understand this double-standard.

Bottom line, for the people who understand what the Z-28 is, it is well worth the price. For those who don't understand, well, that says enough.
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:12 PM   #11
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
And most Americans buy Tahoes used for that reason or buy a Escalade. Z/28 is over priced, period. It's a Camaro no matter which way you look at it. The Copo has justification.
This is a nutual question. I'm not defending the price either way. I'm Just curious as to folks thoughts. What do you feel the price of the Z/28 should had come in?
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #12
Al C.

Drives: ZL1 #529 "El-Jefe"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
This is a nutual question. I'm not defending the price either way. I'm Just curious as to folks thoughts. What do you feel the price of the Z/28 should had come in?
While I do not have an issue with the price GM has set, I think people were expecting a price similar, relatively speaking, to all other Z/28's 4Gen and below...
Al C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:49 PM   #13
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
Here's the problem the way I see it. It could go for more money or less. The Z-28 name when it was offered years ago was a PRODUCTION model that the average middle class could afford to purchase and did purchase in numbers and drove as daily drivers and some of them took it to the track but not many. More ended up on the street as daily drivers in fair weather states and three seasons of the year other places for most. This Z-28 is a great car but I think it was made for a different purpose, for track enthusiasts. It will not get the same kind of buyers as years ago. Track guys are willing to pay more to put that smile on their face. daily driver people are not as much. So many cars and trucks out there are through the roofs on their pricing. I guess if they have buyers lining up for them, then they will keep making them. too many people are putting too much of their monthly budget into a huge car payment and they have nothing left over but a great car in their driveway. It's tough to introduce an expensive model like that in this economy. I hope it does well though.

Last edited by lawdog; 02-22-2014 at 09:03 PM.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #14
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
Here's the problem the way I see it. the Z-28 name when it was offered years ago was a PRODUCTION model that the average middle class could afford to purchase and did purchase in numbers and drove as daily drivers and some of this took it to the track but not many. more ended up on the street as daily drivers. this Z-28 is a great car but it certainly will not get that kind of play in the marketplace. So many cars and trucks out there are through the roofs on their pricing. I guess if they have buyers lining up for them, then they will keep making them. too many people are putting too much of their monthly budget into a huge car payment and they have nothing left over but a great car in their driveway. It's tough to introduce an expensive model like that in this economy. I hope it does well though.

+2

I also tend to think the Z/28 (as in stated from interviews as a Z "slash" 28, and not Z28) is the return for those that are pure Camaro enthusiast wanting to play hard out of the factory box. Like in the Dodge Viper SRT to their track ready version GT-R
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote