Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
pk79
Purveyor of Mirth

Drives: 2012 IOM 1LT/RS Convertible
Am I expecting too much??

The dealership I bought from is all about making sure I give the little GM survey all Completely Satisfieds. I got a follow up email asking if I was completely satisfied...I just emailed them tonight and explained my "disappointments"

First off right before I drove away I found 3 nice scratches on the drivers door...had them owe me repairs on that...so I have to drop my car off to the body shop at some point

Tonight I found a nail in my rear passenger tire...coincidentally the dealership was under construction when I purchased...so I am sure it was there already and I'm pissed they don't look at things closer....

Two other minor things were when I popped the hood when I got home it was all dusty and had pine needles and other schmutz in there....and when registering the onstar stuff my first reports said the tires needed air because they were at 30psi instead of recommended 36psi(they fill with nitrogen).

Am I overreacting? I feel when you spend good money on something you expect everything to be top notch and gone over with a fine tooth comb...

I want to know everyone's opinion......perhaps I'm just becoming another Diva since joining the site!! Lol
pk79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
All sound like legitimate gripes to me. Although I personally would look the car over a bit better before you leave the lot.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
Not a diva. All of your issues would have me ticked off royally.

I noticed a few door dings when I got mine home. My dealer fixed it within a week.

Tire pressure is auto service 101, it should never have left the lot before being checked.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
POWERMAN

Drives: '13 Charger Sxt+
I feel your pain.

I remember when I had bought my Equinox, the dealership placed their sticker at the back.
2 days later I noticed it was peeling off, which was weird, as it was autumn (not hot enough to soften the glue at all)

Upon closer inspection I noticed that they had badly scratched up (past the primer) the patch right behind it (most likely when trying to remove the other dealerships sticker they bought it off) - still had some old goo in there preventing the new sticker from adhering properly

The body shop guy did the best he could to deal with that and placed a fresh new dealership sticker over it. -_-

Make sure you go over your car with a fine tooth comb for any defects...a lot of dealership's inflict clear coat damage (swirls etc) when prepping new cars as well..trust me, they dont give a d*mn in a lot of cases...
POWERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
pk79
Purveyor of Mirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68vert View Post
All sound like legitimate gripes to me. Although I personally would look the car over a bit better before you leave the lot.
Well I found the scratches! Lol next time I buy something ill take you with me!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #6
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I rule: Justified.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #7
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
yup sound legit..

I found some issues with my car and addressed them at the time of purchase, dealership too care of all of them within a reasonable amount of time, so I gave them a good survey..

if they had dropped the ball they would not have gotten a good report..

all depends on how they handle it with you.. if they fix it all up to your liking, then no reason to diss them on the survey.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #8

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Use the survey to your advantage...tell them they will get good marks from you if they fix all the issues to your satisfaction...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #9
pk79
Purveyor of Mirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post

all depends on how they handle it with you.. if they fix it all up to your liking, then no reason to diss them on the survey.
I agree, I wasn't going to slam them...figure I can say if you take care of the situation..I'll give you the good feedback.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #10
POWERMAN

Drives: '13 Charger Sxt+
@OP:

How deep are the scratches? I hope they have a reputable body shop..

If they are going to touch up the paint, make sure it is blended in properly -> dunno about you, but if I had nice paint like that, I'd be pretty annoyed noticing slight variation in paint, given that you now know where the damage is...

If they do a perfect job, you shouldnt be able to tell the difference when looking at it from different angles. Also, if you run your fingers over the area, you should feel any bumps/ ridges (good polishing job).

I had a fisheye in my clearcoat, eventually they had to wetsand the area, repaint it and layer it up with clearcoat + polish till it was smoothed out..but at times I still imagine I see it...
POWERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #11
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I wouldn't like any of those issues if I was buying the car, I think that BS. The GM survey is a big deal to the dealers, GM must take that survey very seriously. B4 I gave the dealer a bad rating I would talk to the sales mgr and see if he will offer you anything to make it right or you will have no choice but to fill out the survey honestly.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #12
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
The scratches and dirty engine bay are certainly issues that you should not live with.

The nail in the tire, thats just bad luck. It could be positioned under the tread and impossible to see so can not blame them to much for that. I would think a good dealer would fix it for you but even if they will not, its a $20 fix. Tires pick up nails, such is life.

The rest however, I would raise some hell also.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #13
biggerisbetter
lll

Drives: 2010 camaro ss L99
i would be unhappy with that man. not so much the dirty engine but the scratches would for sure get to me. hopefully they fix you up right
DYNATECH LT 1 7/8 HEADERS, CATLESS MID PIPES, CORSA CATBACK, CAI. COLD AIR INTAKE w/ SCOOP, 1LE 3:91 GEARS, LETHAL RACING PROWLER CAM, LETHAL RACING DYNO TUNE, ENERGY CRADDLE BUSHING INSERTS, PADDLE SHIFTER RELOCATE KIT, 449RWHP/438TQ
APPEARANCE
COPO HOOD, ZL1 SPOILER, SLP BLACKOUT PANEL, PLASTI DIP WHEELS, HERITAGE GRILL, RETRO SS EMBLEMS, WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS, ORANGE STITCHING
biggerisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #14
PatsRS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Didn't they register you with ONStar at the dealership? That is on the survey.

GM ALL THE WAY!

PatsRS is offline   Reply With Quote