Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 04-12-2017, 07:53 PM   #239
608RS

Drives: 2015 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
So will the Demon come with a roll cage?
no, that's one of the reasons why NHRA "banned" it.

2015 Camaro 2ss, NicKey Performance built/tuned
608RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:32 PM   #240
jasonz28camaro

Drives: 2007.5 Duramax
I feel bad for the dodge mechanics that will have to warranty this car. Warranty pay is shit compared to out of warranty work lol. For the 5% of the owners that will actually take it to the track you will see lots of items fail, its what racecars do... just a part of racing life.

On the flip side there will be plenty of coin to be made off the repairs for crashing the car. The other 95% of the drivers have probably never drove a car with drag radials, they will hook and hit a wall or drive it in the rain like a jackass. I'm curious as to how dodge was able to sell a car with DRs? I know they are DOT complaint but the amount of accidents this car will have due to the tires will probably be high. That tire, power and rain do not mix well.
jasonz28camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:05 PM   #241
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
There seems to be a lot of salty Dodge boys on the forum coming out of the wood works.....keep it respectful boys and not get personal.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:56 PM   #242
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Can anyone tell me what happened during the first 2 live burnout demo? you can hear the engine whining up twice, but nothing. sounds like he had to turn the car back on..
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:06 AM   #243
Gonasurvive

Drives: 17 ZL1 MBM M6
Just for laughs, after seeing this video every time I hear Tesla vs Hellcat, this is all I can think of (skip to 1:10):

Gonasurvive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:47 AM   #244
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
1. the 840 is misleading, that is on race fuel
2. as others have pointed out...a 9 second car = a bunch of required NHRA required equipment to run at the track.
3. While this is street legal, again IMO Dodge is pandering to the "HP is the only thing that matters" crowd. They bumped it up 100 HP with a larger blower = BFD.
4. The design is outdated (1970's), the chassis is still outdated.

It's a cool car, and if you are wanting that one trick pony, and yes it's the best at that one trick, then by all means, go and get it, it's awesome.

I do think that GM hamstrung themselves just a bit by leveraging the LT4 in the Camaro (but this did keep the costs down). The Corvette can't fit a tall motor, which is what the HC motor is...it's tall with a tall blower on it. The Camaro probably could have been better served with a 2.3 or hell, 2.9 liter blower, but then it would have more power than the corvette so....

Anyway, sorry the current Challenger platform is just not my cup of tea, as cool as it is.
You just sound like a bunch of excuses, lol.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:57 AM   #245
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17 White ZL1 View Post
You get a certified NHRA letter that it is banned from any NHRA drag strip great job FCA a 9.6 second drag car that you can't use
Actually you can use it. It's called a roll cage. It's banned in its current state, smh. You obviously don't get why they did it.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:59 AM   #246
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolvedx27 View Post
80k plus price tag? What's everyone thinking?
$80k? Hellcats MSRP can be in the $70k. They will easily be asking for $85-95k.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:20 AM   #247
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonz28camaro View Post
I feel bad for the dodge mechanics that will have to warranty this car. Warranty pay is shit compared to out of warranty work lol. For the 5% of the owners that will actually take it to the track you will see lots of items fail, its what racecars do... just a part of racing life.

On the flip side there will be plenty of coin to be made off the repairs for crashing the car. The other 95% of the drivers have probably never drove a car with drag radials, they will hook and hit a wall or drive it in the rain like a jackass. I'm curious as to how dodge was able to sell a car with DRs? I know they are DOT complaint but the amount of accidents this car will have due to the tires will probably be high. That tire, power and rain do not mix well.
Isn't there some issue with tires on a ZL1 related to winter/summer tires? What's the difference? Tires don't cause accidents, clueless wreckless drivers cause accidents. AND, you can legally run to 10 flat in the Demon. I'm in the middle of licensing in my Chevelle. Gotta jump through some hoops to make nhra happy. I'd rather be safe than not so I jump through the hoops. It's a pita but if ya wanna play ya gotta pay.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:05 AM   #248
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
$80k? Hellcats MSRP can be in the $70k. They will easily be asking for $85-95k.

Try $130,000 + dealer market value adjustment. The first ones hitting the street will be $150k+
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:12 AM   #249
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
So will the Demon come with a roll cage?
I does come with the mounts for one already installed into the car. Easy add to become compliant.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:22 AM   #250
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
GM is way behind in the HP wars.
In what mythical universe? Halo cars only as a singular narrow minded snapshot of mythical proposed vehicles that aren't even on the street today? The Viper only has 645hp and is officially dead come Aug 31. The Hellcat's creative flashy fake brochure numbers of "707" is currently getting walked by the ZL1 and Z06. The mustang has been playing catch up for nearly 10 years and their halo GT350 was a hp/tq failure that can't compete with even SS models. Mythical GT500? Unavailable for 2 years and it's already projected to be just as much a dismal failure in performance levels as the GT350. Fast forward a year or two when GM releases their next evolution product line and Dodge and Ford will once again be found lacking.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:02 AM   #251
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
In what mythical universe? Halo cars only as a singular narrow minded snapshot of mythical proposed vehicles that aren't even on the street today? The Viper only has 645hp and is officially dead come Aug 31. The Hellcat's creative flashy fake brochure numbers of "707" is currently getting walked by the ZL1 and Z06. The mustang has been playing catch up for nearly 10 years and their halo GT350 was a hp/tq failure that can't compete with even SS models. Mythical GT500? Unavailable for 2 years and it's already projected to be just as much a dismal failure in performance levels as the GT350. Fast forward a year or two when GM releases their next evolution product line and Dodge and Ford will once again be found lacking.
Where are seeing the 707 HP Hellcat 'getting walked' by the Z06 and ZL1? Not in the real world or that I've ever seen unless the HC driver is a doofus and either couldn't launch or shift. Same is true for the Z06 or ZL1 drivers.

And if HP wars is based strictly on SAE Net Certified numbers in cars in production (707 HP Hellcats) or verified upcoming 2018 models (800+ HP Demon), then yes, GM is 'losing'. Oh well.

No one who has half a brain is projecting the new GT500 to be a 'dismal failure'. The Viper may be going away but you cannot dispute it's track abilities. The Mustang is far from playing 'catch up' - the '13/'14 GT500's hold their value MUCH better than the 5th Gen ZL1 or Z/28, are monsters on the street or strip (not so much at the road couse) and the 5.0 platform is a huge success for Ford. And a properly equipped GT350 is a serious track player, much moreso for the GT350R.

And 'fast forwarding a year or two' is only your prediction/opinion and has no more value than your criticism of 'mythical proposed vehicles that aren't even on the street today'. If that comment refers to the Demon, it is far from mythical; it is very real.

Is the mid-engined C7 as guaranteed to be available to purchase in 2018? Um, no. Is its rumored 850 HP Twin Turbo engine guaranteed and SAE certified/proven yet? Um, no to that also. And do you honestly think that IF/WHEN the mid-engined Vette is released it will be at anything south of $140K? Hardly - GM is shooting for the Ford GT and that is a $350K vehicle. So, given that, the M/E Vette (or the 'next Z/28') sounds a LOT more 'mythical' to me than the Demon.

I'm as much a GM fan as anyone on here but I'm also a realist and appreciate what Ford and Dodge have done. Competition is good for all the brands.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:11 AM   #252
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
I'm as much a GM fan as anyone on here but I'm also a realist and appreciate what Ford and Dodge have done. Competition is good for all the brands.
1st world problems eh? These are great times we live in, all these cars to admire. I would never be so short sighted to claim any of them were losing some fantasy "HP war". They each have their own merits.

The Demon is no less than $130k and first ones hitting the lot will be priced at $150k+