Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-26-2014, 06:32 PM   #29
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
I just recently installed my anvil spoiler that I was able to purchase from a person on this forum, (Thank - you Denis). I had the carbon fiber spoiler painted black since the UV protection was causing an issue. I didn't want the carbon fiber anyway, just a matte black finish. worked out perfect.

I bought a piece of neoprene rubber 1/8" from ebay to add to various areas on the bottom. I wanted to add new pieces on the ends that went over the 1/4 panel. I made cut 1" square pieces that I used as washers over the studs. I added extra pieces where the spoiler showed signs of rubbing on the previous deck lid.

I opened up the stock holes that I drilled when I installed a stock RS spoiler 4 years ago. I wanted to pull the anvil spoiler far enough rearward to cover up the wear marks left from my previous spoiler.

Don't forget to paint the new drilled raw edges when opening up those holes too.

The neoprene washer pulled into the holes slightly helping to prevent water from coming in. At least that was my intent and I hope it works as good as it looks like it will.

Looks mean!! Glad you like it!
Old 11-01-2015, 06:39 AM   #30
KGoddard

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
sorry to revive a dead but what did you guys use to fill the 7th hole that is created by the clip on the factory spoiler?
KGoddard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:40 PM   #31
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGoddard View Post
sorry to revive a dead but what did you guys use to fill the 7th hole that is created by the clip on the factory spoiler?
Nothing. It doesn't show . Also I used 1/8" thick foam tape the full length of the trunk lid to seal the spoiler to the trunk .
Old 11-01-2015, 04:14 PM   #32
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Nothing as I have a 2010 and all my holes were used as the Anvil has studs in the stock locations.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:41 PM   #33
KGoddard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
Nothing. It doesn't show . Also I used 1/8" thick foam tape the full length of the trunk lid to seal the spoiler to the trunk .
I know it doesn't show, but do have any problems with water leaking in?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2015, 09:51 PM   #34
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
I know it doesn't show, but do have any problems with water leaking in?

Nope no water leaking in .
Old 11-03-2015, 07:12 AM   #35
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
The anvil spoiler covers all of the stock spoiler holes in the decklid correct? Im pretty much sold on this spoiler. I absolutely love it.
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:02 AM   #36
KGoddard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
The anvil spoiler covers all of the stock spoiler holes in the decklid correct? Im pretty much sold on this spoiler. I absolutely love it.
It does. I installed mine this past weekend and I absolutely love it. Best looking spoiler IMO. I had to drill out a few of the holes to get it to fit, and I know a few others have had to do the same. Just to be safe I put some molding tape over the 7th hole that is not utilized by the Anvil.
KGoddard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:37 AM   #37
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post

Yes, all 6 stock holes will be used. Might have to open them up a bit to get better fitment. I know I did. (see my above post # 27)

Hopefully you can find an Anvil spoiler to buy, they are hard to come by.

Quote:
It does. I installed mine this past weekend and I absolutely love it. Best looking spoiler IMO. I had to drill out a few of the holes to get it to fit, and I know a few others have had to do the same. Just to be safe I put some molding tape over the 7th hole that is not utilized by the Anvil.

Since you have a 2015 you have the extra hole. the above person has a 2010 (as I did) and there are only the 6 holes. I agree, the holes need to be opened and the Anvil pulled rearward for better placement and fitment.

For sure the best looking spoiler out there IMHO too. It was the one my wife liked the most as she said the rest were UGH. So I knew I had the right one for me to replace my stock one.

Other thing to do is squeeze some silicone around the stud and nut from the inside to help seal the hole up too. I also place a piece of thick molding foam around the hole from the outside too. And around the perimeter where it touches down on the deck lid and makes contact with the edge of the quarter panel.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:37 AM   #38
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
I had a body shop install mine and they said they didn't have to drill out any of the holes, it was all good
Old 11-07-2015, 08:52 AM   #39
BenningJ

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS LS3
I raised mine with some rubber washers and used the rubber pads supplied with the spoiler to protect the paint.

I also had to lightly open up a couple of the factory holes to get it to drop in. The 2 in the middle and then on my 2013 the far left hole is actually a slot. It didn't take long with a file. I love my Anvil spoiler.
| LS3 | CAI Inductions, Inc Intake | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | Dynatech 1.875" Long Tube Headers | Apex Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam | BTR 7.400" Push Rods |LS2 Dampener | Melling 10296 Oil Pump | IWIS Chain | BTR .660" Dual Valve Springs | BTR Trunion Upgrade Kit | Lethal Racing Tuned | Anvil Notch Spoiler | BMR Split Drop Springs | Eaton TrueTrac | GM 3.91 Gears | LPW Diff Cover | Rohana RF2 275/40 20x10F 315/35 20x11R | BMR Polyurethane Motor Mounts
BenningJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:14 PM   #40
KGoddard

Quote:

Yes, all 6 stock holes will be used. Might have to open them up a bit to get better fitment. I know I did. (see my above post # 27)

Hopefully you can find an Anvil spoiler to buy, they are hard to come by.

Since you have a 2015 you have the extra hole. the above person has a 2010 (as I did) and there are only the 6 holes. I agree, the holes need to be opened and the Anvil pulled rearward for better placement and fitment.

For sure the best looking spoiler out there IMHO too. It was the one my wife liked the most as she said the rest were UGH. So I knew I had the right one for me to replace my stock one.

Other thing to do is squeeze some silicone around the stud and nut from the inside to help seal the hole up too. I also place a piece of thick molding foam around the hole from the outside too. And around the perimeter where it touches down on the deck lid and makes contact with the edge of the quarter panel.
What kind of molding tape did you use? I was going to purchase the 3m tape that is half a inch thick but didnt know if I should use double sided tape or not.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/3M-Super-S...2-x-5/16913678

Old 11-11-2015, 07:25 PM   #41
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
What kind of molding tape did you use? I was going to purchase the 3m tape that is half a inch thick but didnt know if I should use double sided tape or not.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/3M-Super-S...2-x-5/16913678

I bought some black thicker foam just to protect the ends where it touches down on the qtr panel.

The 1/2" thick stuff do you mean wide? I would not use two sided tape. No reason too. The spoiler is held in place with the studs and nuts. The tape is merely to protect the paint where it touches down on the deck lid and qtr. panel.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:39 PM   #42
KGoddard

Quote:
I bought some black thicker foam just to protect the ends where it touches down on the qtr panel.

The 1/2" thick stuff do you mean wide? I would not use two sided tape. No reason too. The spoiler is held in place with the studs and nuts. The tape is merely to protect the paint where it touches down on the deck lid and qtr. panel.
Anvil provided me with the pads for the ends of the spoiler. I'm just looking for something to seal around the bolt holes. And yes a half inch wide. Do you have a link to what you used?