#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #29
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
just like to point out something i just noticed. they are similar to the volt, and similar to the traverse. NOT THE SAME, but similar. also have a similarity to the 69 tails. seems like the general shape and LED layout is starting to become a Chevy signature. Cadillac has signature taillight design with the mock fin LED, Dodge has its signature racetrack LED ring, along with many other companies that do the same basic idea. Seems like Chevy is trying to make a corporate rear that is in a way unique for each car. Just an observation
Old 06-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #30
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Well, there's a good reason for that: thats exactly what they were doing.

But somehow, it seems like nearly everyone on this site has no idea what the tail lights of a '69 Camaro look like and therefore make a (bad) comparison to mid 90's Honda Preludes instead.

I don't understand it either

Except, of course, the guy you quoted of course
Never underestimate the capacity for the internet to quibble over minor things.
2ndgen and 3rdgen maybe but the rear lights definitely don't resemble the 1rstgen or the 69 . please post pictures of a 69 that taillights resemble those taillights
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #31
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
LOL...please! First get a 14 the maybe you can talk buddy. You must drive imports with that comment. they have the same rear lights.
Why does he have to own a 2014 Camaro in order to have an opinion on what looks better? I could possibly see the logic in that if say he was talking about ride or handling or erogonomics or anything that requires personal experience with the car.

But looks? You can see a picture, compare it to another & you can pretty easily form an opinion of what you think looks better. No need to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a car to do that.

Also ... on the first page of Google results when I looked of images of 'import tail lights', look what came up:

I don't know how it happened, but I found it quite funny none the less.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:54 PM   #32
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
just like to point out something i just noticed. they are similar to the volt, and similar to the traverse. NOT THE SAME, but similar. also have a similarity to the 69 tails. seems like the general shape and LED layout is starting to become a Chevy signature. Cadillac has signature taillight design with the mock fin LED, Dodge has its signature racetrack LED ring, along with many other companies that do the same basic idea. Seems like Chevy is trying to make a corporate rear that is in a way unique for each car. Just an observation
69 camaro taillights doesn't wrap around onto the side of the car. that's why nobody agrees that they are from that car . No 1rstGen. had wrap around taillights.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #33
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
2ndgen and 3rdgen maybe but the rear lights definitely don't resemble the 1rstgen or the 69 . please post pictures of a 69 that taillights resemble those taillights

3 squarish blocks, with a reverse light embedded in the middle one.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 06-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #34
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Why does he have to own a 2014 Camaro in order to have an opinion on what looks better? I could possibly see the logic in that if say he was talking about ride or handling or erogonomics or anything that requires personal experience with the car.

But looks? You can see a picture, compare it to another & you can pretty easily form an opinion of what you think looks better. No need to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a car to do that.

Also ... on the first page of Google results when I looked of images of 'import tail lights', look what came up:

I don't know how it happened, but I found it quite funny none the less.
Well , I said for the person to get one first because. we all we're talking about the taillights. He wants to go off topic and say the car is better looking. That was out of line didn't nobody say which car was better looking .Like he is the one that determines w'bhich car better looking. Is he speaking facts ?
Old 06-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #35
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:

3 squarish blocks, with a reverse light embedded in the middle one.
where's the wrap around taillights on the 69? the 14s has wrap around which makes a big difference in looks. and yea i know what you're talking about and your right about the three .
Old 06-04-2013, 12:16 AM   #36
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

if you look the 69 side you don't see taillights but look at the 14 and you see the taillights because they wrap around to the side markers which looks out of place too but that's off topic .
Old 06-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #37
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Well , I said for the person to get one first because. we all we're talking about the taillights. He wants to go off topic and say the car is better looking. That was out of line didn't nobody say which car was better looking .Like he is the one that determines w'bhich car better looking. Is he speaking facts ?
For me, since there can never be anything definitive on something subjective, I tend to regard all comments about subjective things as opinions rather than facts.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 06-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #38
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst View Post
Really? Close resemblance I suppose...

Definitely see the resemblance here...not in the OPs post lol
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:32 AM   #39
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

The 69's don't wrap around, but they do end in a point on the bottom -just as the 14's do. So the overall shape, as well as the layout of the lighting elements are very similar between the 69 and the 14. But there is a bit of a difference in where they are placed on the car. thats good enough for me to call them 'similar'. And its more than enough to convince me that is where the designers took their inspiration from.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 06-04-2013, 12:36 AM   #40
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
For me, since there can never be anything definitive on something subjective, I tend to regard all comments about subjective things as opinions rather than facts.
Agree. , I just know there's ppl that tries to make what they say facts when it's an opinion. So they purposely try to look for trouble.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:47 AM   #41
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=DGthe3;6625918]The 69's don't wrap around, but they do end in a point on the bottom -just as the 14's do. So the overall shape, as well as the layout of the lighting elements are very similar between the 69 and the 14. But there is a bit of a difference in where they are placed on the car. thats good enough for me to call them 'similar'. And its more than enough to convince me that is where the designers took their inspiration from.[/QUO

well , they could've went and did it like the 69s with the taillights just on the back then it'd be the ones off of the 69.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:49 AM   #42
ayyob83

Drives: Camaro SS 2013 / Tahoe LTZ 2009
well, i'm not saying it is really ugly but the Z28 rear lights are cool and i liked it but the SS and other ones?
well, let's say i didn't except it yet
ayyob83 is offline   Reply With Quote