Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
ayyob83

Drives: Camaro SS 2013 / Tahoe LTZ 2009
get rid of my customized or toed !

Good Day all

as you can see i have to return my SS into stock again and get rid of my corsa catback as far as other things like vinyls on the camaro letters.

why?

well there's a new sheriff in our country and told to all police officers to make their move on all the guys who is customizing their cars, not only they will give us a ticket but they will toe the car itself

i know it's madness here but what can we do :(
i rather to return into stock again before i lose my whole car :(

not only camaros but all other cars like mustangs, silverado, charger, you name it.

we tried several time talking to them to make it legal at least guys like us love customizing their cars but it suck they're not listening to us.

when i went to garage to fix something in my Tahoe 5 guys came and want to get rid of their customized thing like exhausts, hoods everything in their cars and when i asked why they said a lot of police officers warning them and told them to get rid of it or it will be toed , and that kind of police officers and the kind one and they feel sorry for us and give us only tickets but who knows if i came across with some angry officer and decided to toe my car because of my little things i put it in my car.

at this moment i wish i lived in the US :(
at least i can customize freely, not in our country everything is forbidden :(
ayyob83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Why would they do that? It is not hurting anyone
Old 05-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
Wow that is pretty crappy... I had no idea you couldn't mod your cars to your liking. If it's just cosmetic what difference does it make, obviously your exhaust could be loud but what difference does it make that you have stripes on your car? That blows my mind... some police officers are just looking for stuff to do. (Not hating on all LOE, we all know there are some jackasses out there).

Sorry about your luck man, move over here and enjoy all the mods you want! Lol.
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Don't the Police in Kuwait have more pressing issues to worry about than towing vehicles that are modded? That's crazy!

Mind controlled by Cerebro
Old 05-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Skip buying a mod this month and just pay them off. I believe thats how all that works over their huh.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #6
ayyob83

Drives: Camaro SS 2013 / Tahoe LTZ 2009
Quote:
Why would they do that? It is not hurting anyone
i don't know really but its hopeless and apparently they don't like guys to have a little fun

Quote:
Wow that is pretty crappy... I had no idea you couldn't mod your cars to your liking. If it's just cosmetic what difference does it make, obviously your exhaust could be loud but what difference does it make that you have stripes on your car? That blows my mind... some police officers are just looking for stuff to do. (Not hating on all LOE, we all know there are some jackasses out there).

Sorry about your luck man, move over here and enjoy all the mods you want! Lol.
no it's not that laud i made it to be medium sound and the guys who i saw them and talked to them i heard their exhausts and its not that loud its average or maybe lower but the police officers were kind to them and gave them only tickets with a warning next time it will be toed because of the orders from high officials.

others? only small Vinyls for the chevy badge and camaro letters and its illegal, can you believe its illegal to put a tiny vinyl even a small word on the car like cheers it will cause a ticket.

Quote:
Don't the Police in Kuwait have more pressing issues to worry about than towing vehicles that are modded? That's crazy!
yeah and buses who really have bad condition and you can see black smoke coming from their exhausts and no one make anything to them because the bus company owned by some big man and they scared of him
ayyob83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #7
Yendor

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE Hyper Blue
For a second I thought the OP was in CA. Good luck, hopefully someone will come to their senses and realize that customization of a vehicle is okay, not sure if expressing your individuality is frowned upon or not, but I imagine it is.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
Trentin24
Trentin24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
They probably just want cool cars on their police force like Dubai. Looks like you will have to stick to interior mods!
Trentin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #9
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
So are they going to get all bent out of shape if you have a set of tires other than P-Zeros later on (if that's what your cars come with over there)? Can you have window tint? You folks need it! Where do they draw the line? I loved your country and the people when I was there 20 years ago. Never thought it would become so restrictive.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #10
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Amercian Muscle Car Haters
Old 05-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #11
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
For a second I thought the OP was in CA. Good luck, hopefully someone will come to their senses and realize that customization of a vehicle is okay, not sure if expressing your individuality is frowned upon or not, but I imagine it is.
You are not alone! I guess Kuwait wants to be JUST like California! Sad.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #12
Goober
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Kuwait sucks!
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #13
paul44

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
That sucks bro Come over to Lebanon and mod the hell out of your car!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #14
RedRaven

Drives: 2012 2SS M6 CRT
Take off all of the vinyl and exhaust mods and focus on spending your money on performance upgrades that no-one can see or hear, unless they have a stopwatch.

First real car: 1968 Malibu, '67 283, Canary yellow
RedRaven is offline   Reply With Quote