Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #15
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazeed View Post
Im tryina get a serious answer!
Let's assume the MRTs have something to do with the vibrations. Did you weld the MRTs or clamp them?

If you haven't already, crawl under there and check the connection points. A good weld should hold up alright but, if you used the clamps, they may be loose or slipped out of place.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #16
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro66 View Post
How about Getting rid of your MRT V2.0 axle back exhaust. This mod is a waste of money you get a deep sound and no real hp out of it. For a few hunderd more you could get a full exhaust and be happier. Just saying so if you don't change out the MRT V2.0 axle back exhaust deal with it. Not trying to be a dick.
Disagree. I had V2s on my 2012 LT and loved them - I wasn't after a HP boost - just a better sound. You can only do so much for a V6.

"A few hundred more"? $550 for MRT V2s vs almost $1200 for the Borla system you recommend looks more like $650 to me (plus another $100-$150 to install). Easy to spend someone else's money.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 03-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #17
steel insane

Drives: 2012 2LT Black (Vengeance)
Quote:
Ok so, I bought my car June 2010, its a Camaro 2LT with the RS package.
I treat my car very well and dont abuse it at all.

In 2011 I installed my MRT V2.0 axle back exhaust and then the problems started about a year later... all of the sudden things started shaking in my car and i just feel like its falling a part for some reason.

like the passenger window rattles on idel, My sunroof rattles when the RPM is between 1500 and 2600 (I got it fixed recently ) & my speakers rattle when the volume is on 10 and the bass is on 3 and the dealership keep saying that they cant do anything about it and dont know how to fix it

Am i the only one that feels their car is falling apart and vibrating? is it normal for the vibration caused by the exhaust to do all that?
Dude,

I don't think that's just exhaust vibration... try another dealer or a good independent garage.
steel insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #18
ayyob83

Drives: Camaro SS 2013 / Tahoe LTZ 2009
i feel the problem is not from the exhaust
but first i have to ask

where did you buy the car from?

is it used or new ?
ayyob83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #19
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyob83 View Post
i feel the problem is not from the exhaust
but first i have to ask

where did you buy the car from?

is it used or new ?
I'm guessing since he bought it in June 2010 and joined this sight a month later... he bought it new.

Just curious why where he bought it matters, unless this relates to the new or used question.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #20
ayyob83

Drives: Camaro SS 2013 / Tahoe LTZ 2009
yes there is indeed.

cause it might the car had an accident and they rebuild it and sell it as a new, and that called a fraud i know but believe me in middle east some of them they did it the official chevy or toyota was cough by the authorities that he selling the cars that already had a major accident, but it was covered up because you know how the politics works .

and i suggest to go and check the car if it had an accident before or not.
ayyob83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #21
camaro1350

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS 1LT, 6M
Quote:
I appreciate your advice, which exhaust should i go for in your opinion?
I just put on Corsa exhaust and I love the sound and no drone while cruising. My recomendation is the Corsa's.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #22
stray bullitt

Drives: Bentley Continental GT.
I have a 2011, 2LT RS with MRT2 axlebacks welded on from new. So far I've been lucky with rattles and shakes, and I can't really think that the vibrations from this set up would be anywhere near enough to rattle your car to bits, when you consider how much the car is shaken by road surfaces. Do you live on an unpaved road, or frost damaged roads? Now that will knock hell out of any car.
stray bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #23
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
better than new here.

borla atak cat - no drone.....

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #24
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
If you want to track down each rattle and buzz, it will take time but you can loctite each screw/nut/bolt you find that's loose so it won't vibrate loose again. If you're listening to your sound system at high levels the vibrations can and will begin to loosen things. While you have things apart tracking down rattles you can install some of this stuff:

http://store.secondskinaudio.com/

Damplifier works well and isn't too heavy unlike some popular tar-based products that weigh a ton.

I have a rattle behind the quarter panel in the rear on the passenger side that I have to track down so I feel your pain but that's the price you pay if you go beyond stock parts/usage for any car, not just a Camaro.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #25
Yazeed

Drives: Camaro 2LT / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I'm guessing since he bought it in June 2010 and joined this sight a month later... he bought it new.

Just curious why where he bought it matters, unless this relates to the new or used question.
I bought my car brand new! from Ottawa , Canada.
Yazeed is offline   Reply With Quote