Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-25-2018, 04:30 PM   #15
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
NASCAR hasn’t used stock, manufacturer factory bodies since ‘67. That’s when the first track fabricated came out with wider rear quarters and lower noses than the mfg counterparts.

By the late 80’s nothing in NASCAR resembled the factory produced version. The old attage of “win on Sunday sell on Monday” went out 30 years ago.

It was pretty obvious in 1988 when DEI brought out Dale’s Mr Goodwrench Lumina when the real Lumina and all GM G bodies went front wheel drive.

That was NOT a real Lumina lol
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:30 PM   #16
FlowForm_Wheels

Drives: Turbo 4, SC V8 and Twin Turbo V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
You obviously don't know how those cars are driven. You steer with the throttle more than the steering wheel, so when Tony saw that Stupid Kid (at night in the shadows wearing a flat black suit & helmet), he tried to steer away with the throttle.

The Kid got exactly what was coming to him (sorry that he's Dead), but you don't go out onto an active racetrack, Period!
This 100%. Rule #1, do not get out of the car if you crash, stay in the car as it's the safest place to be unless it's on fire.
FlowForm_Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:15 PM   #17
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
You obviously don't know how those cars are driven. You steer with the throttle more than the steering wheel, so when Tony saw that Stupid Kid (at night in the shadows wearing a flat black suit & helmet), he tried to steer away with the throttle.

The Kid got exactly what was coming to him (sorry that he's Dead), but you don't go out onto an active racetrack, Period!
The sound you here on the video of the accident is of a sprint on the front stretch not Tony's car. Most of these people making these idiotic statementso have never been to a dirt track nor do they understand what the view from inside a sprint car looks like.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:39 PM   #18
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
OK... I don't want to argue about this stuff... whatever the technicality is on who's on the track, what Tony did was definitely intentional. If I would've intentionally done the same thing, I would be in jail. Yes, he admitted that he did intentionally hit the throttle and the car did slid towards him when he did. You can find the transcript and video out there. I don't want to post it.
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:51 PM   #19
FlowForm_Wheels

Drives: Turbo 4, SC V8 and Twin Turbo V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by I`m Batman View Post
OK... whatever the technicality is on who's on the track, what Tony did was definitely intentional.
Don't get me wrong, I don't watch Nascar, but I know that Tony isn't necessarily the nicest driver on the field, but I'm wondering what proof you have that shows that Tony did this intentionally? What are we missing?

Quote:
If I would've intentionally done the same thing, I would be in jail. Yes, he admitted that he did intentionally hit the throttle. You can find the transcript and video out there. I don't want to post it.
Intentionally did what? Race?

As stated before it sounds like you've never raced on a dirt track before, can you confirm or deny that?

Again, none of this matters because if you get out of your car on a race track and put yourself in front of another moving car, you are in the wrong, ESPECIALLY considering during the autopsy they found THC in his system. Nothing like racing while under the influence, and then acting like an idiot and getting out of the car, walking in front of another race car while on track. Race car driver lesson #1, do not get out of the car unless it is on fire, PERIOD.
FlowForm_Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:53 PM   #20
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Back on topic...I'LL take a GM V-8 two door that size and hardtop, While I'm wishing...
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:03 PM   #21
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowForm_Wheels View Post
Don't get me wrong, I don't watch Nascar, but I know that Tony isn't necessarily the nicest driver on the field, but I'm wondering what proof you have that shows that Tony did this intentionally? What are we missing?

Intentionally did what? Race?

Stewart: I saw a figure on the track
In a deposition with Ward's family lawyer, Stewart recalls what happened after Ward crashed:
Question: So when you came around turn 1, did you see his car?
Stewart: Yes...
Question: After you saw his car, you saw him; he was on the track?
Stewart: After I -- yeah, after I saw his car, then I saw him.
Question: Okay. And --
Stewart: Or a figure. I didn't know that it was him...
Stewart: He was running at me
Stewart: I realized he was running down the racetrack toward me.
Question: Okay. For what purpose did you apply throttle to your car?
Stewart: To try to drive the car down to the left to get away from him.
Question: And was that immediately prior to the impact between him and your car?
Stewart: Yes.
Ward's family: Why did Stewart hit the gas?
Question: And if you apply throttle in that situation and steer to the left, isn't the back of your car going to slide to the right?
Stewart: It did in that scenario, yes.
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:37 PM   #22
motorhead

Quote:
Stewart: I saw a figure on the track
In a deposition with Ward's family lawyer, Stewart recalls what happened after Ward crashed:
Question: So when you came around turn 1, did you see his car?
Stewart: Yes...
Question: After you saw his car, you saw him; he was on the track?
Stewart: After I -- yeah, after I saw his car, then I saw him.
Question: Okay. And --
Stewart: Or a figure. I didn't know that it was him...
Stewart: He was running at me
Stewart: I realized he was running down the racetrack toward me.
Question: Okay. For what purpose did you apply throttle to your car?
Stewart: To try to drive the car down to the left to get away from him.
Question: And was that immediately prior to the impact between him and your car?
Stewart: Yes.
Ward's family: Why did Stewart hit the gas?
Question: And if you apply throttle in that situation and steer to the left, isn't the back of your car going to slide to the right?
Stewart: It did in that scenario, yes.
The dope head jumped out of his car because he was mad. Decided to play chicken with a 950HP sprint car and lost. Anyone who really understands racing outside of Steward haters and the dope head's family understands what happen. I have no time for anyone who pilots a racecar under the influence. It's all on him no matter what anyone on here post.

Oh, and I enjoy watching the Camaro in the NASCAR series. They do a good job at making them look good out there. Real car or not, they invoke passion for the brand on Sundays. Isn't that the entire reason for factory involvement? People on here bitch that GM doesn't promote the Camaro enough ,and now they are on here bitching when they do. Guess they can't win.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:13 PM   #23
fastball
Banned

Quote:
OK... I don't want to argue about this stuff... whatever the technicality is on who's on the track, what Tony did was definitely intentional. If I would've intentionally done the same thing, I would be in jail. Yes, he admitted that he did intentionally hit the throttle and the car did slid towards him when he did. You can find the transcript and video out there. I don't want to post it.
You are being a first class douche bag and either have no idea what you’re talking about or are intentionally being a jerk. Either way you’re wrong about Stewart. There’s nothing to argue about, you’re wrong and need to quit trying. Just stop.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:19 PM   #24
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
The dope head jumped out of his car because he was mad. Decided to play chicken with a 950HP sprint car and lost. Anyone who really understands racing outside of Steward haters and the dope head's family understands what happen. I have no time for anyone who pilots a racecar under the influence. It's all on him no matter what anyone on here post.

Oh, and I enjoy watching the Camaro in the NASCAR series. They do a good job at making them look good out there. Real car or not, they invoke passion for the brand on Sundays. Isn't that the entire reason for factory involvement? People on here bitch that GM doesn't promote the Camaro enough ,and now they are on here bitching when they do. Guess they can't win.
As far as the Camaro in NASCAR goes, it’s a double edged sword to be promoting the Camaro in NASCAR right now. Viewership is way down so they’re not garnering new potential customers. And what die hards remaining that still watch (I haven’t watched a race in probably 3-4 years) know the Camaro on the track is not a real Camaro at all, just stickers on a Hendricks Motorsports body.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:27 PM   #25
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
As far as the Camaro in NASCAR goes, it’s a double edged sword to be promoting the Camaro in NASCAR right now. Viewership is way down so they’re not garnering new potential customers. And what die hards remaining that still watch (I haven’t watched a race in probably 3-4 years) know the Camaro on the track is not a real Camaro at all, just stickers on a Hendricks Motorsports body.
I used to be a diehard, but I still follow it some and at least try to catch the last 20 or 30 laps. I live in an area that has a huge racing following. Like I said we all know they aren't real , but we still take jabs at each other just the same.. top fuel and top funny cars really Crack me up. They can say damn near anything on the body, but every single one is Chrysler
426hemi architecture between the rails.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:12 AM   #26
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K+1LE View Post
Nascar basically mandates the shape of the vehicle in terms of aerodynamics and frontal area, so they can't really just throw a Camaro out there and go.

Been that way for 15 years or more. Nothing "fake", not even really "news" (seriously stupid phrase...).

Nope....definately Fake News....its not a Camaro.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:15 AM   #27
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dohvb1 View Post
2014 at a small dirt track some idiot, who was high at the time, decided it was a good idea to leave his car and run on the track to confront Tony Stewart and was accidentally hit and killed by Stewart. No criminal charges were filed. No civil lawsuit was filed as the family settled.

Tony should have slowed down....when there is a wreck ahead you slow down and look for danger. We all know he tried to scare the kid but it went to far and he ended up under his tire.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:18 AM   #28
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:

You steer with the throttle when racing, not under caution when you see people and a wreck ahead.