Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-06-2017, 10:27 AM   #15
Oramac2016

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Pdf

Pdf attached
Attached Images
File Type: pdf SB-10080566-2280.pdf (78.2 KB, 222 views)
Old 11-08-2017, 09:49 AM   #16
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
A friend of mine was just having similar issues with his 2017 Colorado, but he wasn't getting a "peng" sound, just the stuttering - and it was accelerating, but shuddering whilst doing so for a few seconds, and then normal.

His problem has so far been fixed by the dealership performing a transmission flush and filter change.

TSB #16-NA-175: https://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb...dPdf?id=198437
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:50 PM   #17
John J

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 Turbo
Another week at the Chevrolet dealer.
They can not find the problem.
They hope it will be better if my car has run some more kilometres but i realy doubt about that.
Ik think i need a good talk with the Chevrolet dealer, trying to exchange my Camaro.
John J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:42 AM   #18
John J

@ Oramac2016,

You Wrote:
I have the v6 and have started to experience something very similar. When coasting at about 1500rpm i feel the engine stutter. It feels almost like the engine vibrates. When looking at the rpm, goes up a bit. Similar to a misfire except on a misfire the rpm usually stutters down. I havent made it to the dealer yet. I use plus gas which is 89 i believe. Im at about 14k miles.

Did you made it to the dealer yet? If yes: did they find something and if so: what did they do?
Old 01-06-2018, 01:03 AM   #19
John J

I got the sugestion to make a longer trip so the engine and exhaust could heat up.
I was sceptic about it because a lot of (turbocharged) cars drive about 20 km, if people go to work for example. And before my Camaro i had a Nissan 350Z and I had never problems because it was only 20 km to my work.....

But I want to try everything for a solution so I drove 300 km in manual and held the engine above 3000 rpm to heat up everything (faster).
After the trip the feeling of power loss and stuttering (when the engine is cold), seemed less. The "peng peng misfire" sound was gone........ for 2 or 3 days :-(
It looks like the feeling of power loss and the stuttering is a bit less but the "peng peng misfire" sound did not disapear.

Does anyone have other sugestions?

Monday i will contact my Chevrolet dealer again.
Old 07-30-2018, 02:45 PM   #20
John J

An update .
Because my Camaro dealer doesn't know it anymore and GM can't tell them what's wrong with my Camaro, i have been experimenting by myself.
The results:
- The problem occurs in tour and sport and in manual and automatic.
- driving away "fast" instead of slow, largely solves the problem but it is not very neat to drive away "fast" in a residential area in the morning.
- driving away in manual, in second gear, also largely solves the problem.
- starting the engine and hitting the pedal till about 4000 rpm once or twice makes the problem less but it is not away totaly. But that is also not very neat to do in a residential area.
I would like to add an MP3 file but i think it is not possible to upload a "sound file".
I hope someone has an idea because it's driving me crazy.
Is there maybe a person active from GM at one of these forums who can also look at my problem?
Are there any sensors in the car which adjust the fuel mixture, making it possibly too rich (or maybe to lean)? The "peng peng" sound i hear looks like fuel igniting in the exhaust.
Thank you in advance.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:59 PM   #21
John J

In the meantime, the MAF sensor has been replaced also, but no results :-(

I think i foud out this is a problem of the 2018 model because it has another computer for the motormanagement than the 2017 model.

Ik hope GM will fix this soon with an update or something.

I have been experimenting and i think i have some things you can try to reduce the problem.

1) start the engine and wait for 1 or 2 minutes till the rpm's drop around 1000 rpm or less.
2 start the engine and slightly step on the accelerator pedal till around 3000 rpm.
3) do not drive away slowly but "fast". Not too fast of course because you want to stay friends with the neighbours ;-)

Does someone have an idea if this problem can be caused by the automatic choke?

Last edited by John J; 10-11-2019 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:46 PM   #22
John J

Two weeks ago my Chevrolet dealer carried out a software update of the motormanagement but unfortunately that did not help. I am now "desperate" and do not know what else I can do. I have read somewhere that tuners maybe can solve the problem but I can't find a tuner anywhere in Belgium or the Netherlands that can do it at the moment.

The only thing I can do is start the car, wait 30 seconds until the speed is just below 1000 and then drive away but I thinks this is not quit normal. But until there is a solution, there is nothing else I can do.

A pitty because I was so happy with my Camaro in the beginning....
Old 03-07-2020, 09:48 AM   #23
John J

A few months later.....

Problem is still not solved but i am still getting more and more information.

I am told that the engine in Europe is an existing Opel (Vauxhall) engine which is tuned for the Camaro 2.0 turbo.
It are probably misfires because the catalyst is cold.
Unfortunately GM is not cooperating and my garage is not allowed to go into the software to adjust some settings, trying to solve the problem. Probably caused by the catalyst heating which means that the misfires are caused because the pre heating of the catalyst is not working properly.

In 3 weeks my garage gets a visit from GM Europa and he will try to convince them to give him permission for adjusting the software.

So..... I have to be patience.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:57 AM   #24
Cechk01

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by John J View Post
A few months later.....

Problem is still not solved but i am still getting more and more information.

I am told that the engine in Europe is an existing Opel (Vauxhall) engine which is tuned for the Camaro 2.0 turbo.
It are probably misfires because the catalyst is cold.
Unfortunately GM is not cooperating and my garage is not allowed to go into the software to adjust some settings, trying to solve the problem. Probably caused by the catalyst heating which means that the misfires are caused because the pre heating of the catalyst is not working properly.

In 3 weeks my garage gets a visit from GM Europa and he will try to convince them to give him permission for adjusting the software.

So..... I have to be patience.
This whole story should be very embarrassing for GM, I'm sorry you have had to go through this painful process
Cechk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 12:34 AM   #25
John J

Finally. After 3 years of abandonment by Chevrolet / GM, the problem is solved. It was a software "problem". A tuner has re-programmed the cold start (catalyst heating). It's a shame that Chevrolet / GM did not want to solve the problem while it was just a simple software adjustment. Unfortunately, that did cost me money (about $ 700), but I am happy that the problem has been solved finally after all these years. Again: a missed opportunity for Chevrolet / GM. I don't know if my next car will still be a Chevrolet / GM .....