Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-06-2018, 10:38 PM   #15
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Tyl3r you bought LPO wheels and tires. the dealer has to hold the stock 18" wheels and tires that you bought with your car for 30 days befor they can sell them.
any accessories are extras. you are buying parts not replacement parts. you get the old parts back. Any thing the dealer installs you get n=back the old perts for free because you already paid for all of them.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 11:52 PM   #16
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
The operative documents are the original window sticker and the build sheet. Get copies of both before you go back to the dealer.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 06:12 AM   #17
Tyl3r

Drives: Camaro 2LT
Thank you everybody for your comments. I don’t know how hard I want to peruse this. However, I did send an email to the dealer’s manager.
Tyl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:54 AM   #18
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
wrong the stock parts Do belong to you. You paid for them. Any parts that are installed at the dealer you can get the stock parts back free. They belong to you.
All the cars and trucks come with the gold bow ties on them. the car can be ordered with the black bowties. The black bow ties come in the trunk and the dealer installs them.
I've been working at dealers for well over 20 years. You are wrong. The window sticker shows what was installed at the factory, any dealer installed accessory with a amended sticker overrides those parts. Most every window sticker shows the base motor and transmission also. You think you can just call up chevy and say you want the turbo 4 and 6 speed combo back along with your V6 8 speed because it's on the sticker? Come on...

The "we owe" you sign at the time of delivery says when you leave the lot with your car in the condition it left in means nothing is owed or promised. That is a binding legal document that you can not go back on. When you leave that lot with all those documents signed, that is YOUR car and you accepted it the way it is. Now some dealers put the stock parts with the car or you can ask for the stock parts, but you are not owed a dime. Many times things like wheels have a core charge and when we order them we have to send the old ones back anyway.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:58 AM   #19
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
FWIW, back when I had ordered a 2011 SS convertible with the optional 21" wheels, I was informed on Camaro5 that I was entitled to BOTH the set of 21" optional wheels AND the stock size wheels/tires since the 21" were a dealer installed option.

I checked into it with the local dealer, and after they checked, they confirmed that since the 21" were a dealer installed option, the car would have been shipped wearing a set of stock SS wheels/tires from the factory, and the 21" would have been shipped to the dealer for the dealer to install.

The dealer confirmed that I WAS entitled to BOTH sets of wheels/tires.

The car was held up for some reason and did not ship for several weeks at which time I canceled the order and bought another Camaro locally, but the dealer themselves had confirmed that I would receive BOTH sets of wheels/tires.

I'm guessing that the vast majority of new car buyers never thing of such things and never ask their dealers, thus there's probably a slew of extra wheels/tires somewhere.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 08:15 AM   #20
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
I've been working at dealers for well over 20 years. You are wrong. The window sticker shows what was installed at the factory, any dealer installed accessory with a amended sticker overrides those parts. Most every window sticker shows the base motor and transmission also. You think you can just call up chevy and say you want the turbo 4 and 6 speed combo back along with your V6 8 speed because it's on the sticker? Come on...

The "we owe" you sign at the time of delivery says when you leave the lot with your car in the condition it left in means nothing is owed or promised. That is a binding legal document that you can not go back on. When you leave that lot with all those documents signed, that is YOUR car and you accepted it the way it is. Now some dealers put the stock parts with the car or you can ask for the stock parts, but you are not owed a dime. Many times things like wheels have a core charge and when we order them we have to send the old ones back anyway.
like i said any part installed at the dealer. the stock part belongs to you. LPO wheels are installed at the dealer. the ones that were installed at the factory belong to the owner.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 08:33 AM   #21
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
like i said any part installed at the dealer. the stock part belongs to you. LPO wheels are installed at the dealer. the ones that were installed at the factory belong to the owner.
Well you are wrong. Argue all you want. Dealers are free to install any accessory they want and as long as it's noted on an addendum on the glass, that's the car you get. You are NOT owed stock parts. End of story. You think every conversion van done for Chevrolet for the last 30 years they boxed up every trim and body piece, radio, wiring, wheels, tires, paint, engine and trans cooler, and OWED it to the customer? Many parts like wheel, bumpers in the old days, and body parts have a core or exchange program and you have to send them back. You are not owed anything.

Now many just keep them in storage and they won't care to give them to you, but coming at them guns a blazing saying you owe me this and that will just get a long laugh and nothing at all to you.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:42 AM   #22
Tyl3r

Quote:
Well you are wrong. Argue all you want. Dealers are free to install any accessory they want and as long as it's noted on an addendum on the glass, that's the car you get. You are NOT owed stock parts. End of story. You think every conversion van done for Chevrolet for the last 30 years they boxed up every trim and body piece, radio, wiring, wheels, tires, paint, engine and trans cooler, and OWED it to the customer? Many parts like wheel, bumpers in the old days, and body parts have a core or exchange program and you have to send them back. You are not owed anything.

Now many just keep them in storage and they won't care to give them to you, but coming at them guns a blazing saying you owe me this and that will just get a long laugh and nothing at all to you.

Your analogy is apples to oranges. This was a brand new car with "dealer installed" wheels. The MSRP price of these wheels is the same price as if I bought a stock vehicle and added-on the wheels at a later date. I would have both sets.

Why does the RPO state:
REG - Wheels, 18" (45.7 cm) Silver-painted aluminum
SHL - 20" (50.8 cm) 5-spoke gloss Black wheels with Red outline stripe
Old 09-07-2018, 08:47 AM   #23
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl3r View Post
Your analogy is apples to oranges. This was a brand new car with "dealer installed" wheels. The MSRP price of these wheels is the same price as if I bought a stock vehicle and added-on the wheels at a later date. I would have both sets.

Why does the RPO state:
REG - Wheels, 18" (45.7 cm) Silver-painted aluminum
SHL - 20" (50.8 cm) 5-spoke gloss Black wheels with Red outline stripe
Take a picture.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:50 AM   #24
Tyl3r

Quote:
Take a picture.
See attached
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2018, 08:54 AM   #25
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
This is a subject brought up Long Long ago for LPO wheels. It was confirmed via some GM representative here that the wheels shipped on the car should also go to the customer....Can't remember the thread name any longer.

But yeah...if the car comes with the stock wheels, and the dealer installs optionals, the customer should get them. Simple as that. Otherwise what is the dealer going to do with those rims? Oh yeah...sell them for a profit.

Same with my black bowties. Car came with gold installed. Dealer put on the black ones I ordered as an LPO item with the car. I got the gold bowties.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:01 AM   #26
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
This is a subject brought up Long Long ago for LPO wheels. It was confirmed via some GM representative here that the wheels shipped on the car should also go to the customer....Can't remember the thread name any longer.

But yeah...if the car comes with the stock wheels, and the dealer installs optionals, the customer should get them. Simple as that. Otherwise what is the dealer going to do with those rims? Oh yeah...sell them for a profit.

Same with my black bowties. Car came with gold installed. Dealer put on the black ones I ordered as an LPO item with the car. I got the gold bowties.
Yeah , I remember that post too from 2016…I think I even remember adding it to the pre-delivery checklist/inspection thread that is here somewhere…
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:45 AM   #27
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl3r View Post
See attached
So your standard window sticker has the 20" wheels on the right hand side right? Not on an added decal separate from the window sticker?
Old 09-07-2018, 01:15 PM   #28
Tyl3r

I was very professional in my email to the dealer. See the response I received below:
“THE SEND FACTORY TAKE OFFS THAT GO BACK TO FACOTORY. NOT 20 INCH WHEELS. ”

Can anybody confirm with 100% certainanty that they do not send factory takeoffs back?

Tags
dealer, installed, rims, tires, wheels