#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 06-22-2018, 08:00 PM   #141
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Those that argue the buying public won’t care may be right, but that’s because the majority don’t care what the car is called. Hell, they could have called it the Pigeon or XYZ123 and most people wouldn’t notice.

I’m 28 and when I think of Blazer, I think of the 70s version. Sure, I’m an enthusiast but that doesn’t mean only young enthusiast know about those K5s.

They could have dropped this on the Colorado chassis and used the ZR2 upgrades for the Trailblazer, then tossed some other name on the discount Acadia.
I'm 22 and I know perfectly the difference between the 70's Blazer and 90's Blazer, especially in the Name... k5 BLAZER AND S10 BLAZER. This new One just has the Blazer Name so is Genuinamente a New Vehicle. Is Not a K5 Off-Road Machine and is Not a S10 SUV... Is a CUV named just BLAZER... If GM Name it K5 Blazer or even S10 Blazer...Then Blame their
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:24 PM   #142
Burt
Cone Killer

Drives: 2012 SS
I dig the interior, the styling is...fine, in my humble opinion, but when I eventually get a truck/suv I want something that can two at least 7,000 lbs comfortably and has a lockable awd/4wd rather than a reactive clutch pack based system, so that's a no from this 26 y/o.

Selling off my remaining wheels, tires, 27mm front sway bar, and MGW shift knob. Get them out of my house before my wife puts me out!
Burt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:30 PM   #143
DrLove38

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro EMT View Post
This is my daily driver. It's 20 years old and has 184,500 miles on the odometer. It's very reliable and IMHO is better built than my Camaro SS and Colorado ZR2. Now, gas mileage is another story, about 11 mpg no matter how I drive it.
Now that's one nice ass ride. I would pick it over this new pos.
DrLove38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:50 PM   #144
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLove38 View Post
lol
Old 06-22-2018, 10:05 PM   #145
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLove38 View Post
20 year old SUV over a brand new vehicle makes total sense...
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:38 AM   #146
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
20 year old SUV over a brand new vehicle makes total sense...
Depends on what you want to use it for. If you are towing a boat or going to your mountain cabin, this new plastic mommymobile will be in shambles.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:45 AM   #147
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Depends on what you want to use it for. If you are towing a boat or going to your mountain cabin, this new plastic mommymobile will be in shambles.

Ok, if your moving around a boat buy a bigger more powerful towing capacity new truck not this one but to go back 20 years over something new just makes no sense unless its about saving money... The new Blazer would make it up to a mountain cabin. It would be a great mommy mobile your right!
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:56 AM   #148
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Also depends on how big your boat is or how rough the road is to the cabin. If you've just got a little 16 footer or something, you shouldn't have a problem towing it with the V6. And if that mountain cabin is on a half decent dirt road, again you'll be fine.

Now, if your boat is a twin V8 powerboat at 30' long & you plan on taking it and your family (with all your stuff) 100 miles every other weekend, I wouldn't recommend using any Blazer from any year. Or if that cabin isn't even on anything that could be considered a trail, tip toeing between boulders and trees for 10 miles, you're going to want to at least put a bit of money into upgrading your old Blazer because its probably outmatched as a stocker with some mud terrain tires.

On the other hand, if like the overwhelming majority of people who own a utility of some sort you don't do anything like that ... this Blazer is the best one ever built.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 11:36 AM   #149
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
It's clearly not designed for heavy towing, maybe a pair of jet skis or snowmobiles. Personally I'm okay with using the Blazer name.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 12:04 PM   #150

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
It's clearly not designed for heavy towing, maybe a pair of jet skis or snowmobiles. Personally I'm okay with using the Blazer name.

Do the larger trucks and SUVs have a hitch camera?...It's a good idea...and the first I've noticed any mommy-mobile discuss towing....
All good, and might create some interest as a unique Blazer feature...

From the release:
Slotting between the Equinox and Traverse, the 2019 Blazer will offer unique design elements on each model, appealing to customers seeking distinctive styling and outstanding utility.

Highlights include:
Bold styling that features a strong grille and muscular proportions.
Driver-centric interior and distinctive looks on all models.
Model range includes sporty RS and up-level Premier models.
Five-passenger seating with up to 64.2 cubic feet (1,818 L) of max cargo space with second-row seats folded flat.
Adjustable sliding rear seat.
Available Chevy-first cargo management system with a rail system and cargo fence.
Available panoramic dual-pane power sunroof.
Suite of available active safety features.
Standard 2.5L I-4 and available 3.6L V-6 engines, each backed by a nine-speed automatic transmission.
Advanced twin-clutch AWD system available.
4,500 pounds (2,041 kg) estimated max trailering with the available 3.6L V-61.
Available Hitch View feature that helps the driver align the hitch with the trailer.

Not up on my towing numbers, but 4,500 doesn't sound like much....GVW?,,,trailer/tongue weight???....Better than nothing, I suppose.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 12:35 PM   #151
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Also depends on how big your boat is or how rough the road is to the cabin. If you've just got a little 16 footer or something, you shouldn't have a problem towing it with the V6. And if that mountain cabin is on a half decent dirt road, again you'll be fine.

Now, if your boat is a twin V8 powerboat at 30' long & you plan on taking it and your family (with all your stuff) 100 miles every other weekend, I wouldn't recommend using any Blazer from any year. Or if that cabin isn't even on anything that could be considered a trail, tip toeing between boulders and trees for 10 miles, you're going to want to at least put a bit of money into upgrading your old Blazer because its probably outmatched as a stocker with some mud terrain tires.

On the other hand, if like the overwhelming majority of people who own a utility of some sort you don't do anything like that ... this Blazer is the best one ever built.
I love the current Tahoe/Surburban. Excellent all around SUV’s. I was hoping the Blazer would be a smaller real truck like a 4Runner, not another weak plastic mommymobile. Yes, I have one of those, a 2018 CR-V, because I was looking for a daily driver with AWD and a small/mid-size SUV fit our needs. If I could justify it, I would have bought a 4Runner, but I’m not towing anything. I just don’t get yet another soft plastic car. So now 4 of those and then 2 real trucks in the SUV lineup?
Old 06-23-2018, 01:06 PM   #152
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
That eliminates maybe 2% of SUV buyers.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 01:12 PM   #153
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
I love the current Tahoe/Surburban. Excellent all around SUV’s. I was hoping the Blazer would be a smaller real truck like a 4Runner, not another weak plastic mommymobile. Yes, I have one of those, a 2018 CR-V, because I was looking for a daily driver with AWD and a small/mid-size SUV fit our needs. If I could justify it, I would have bought a 4Runner, but I’m not towing anything. I just don’t get yet another soft plastic car. So now 4 of those and then 2 real trucks in the SUV lineup?
Not trying to pick on you, but your post is beyond ironic.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 01:47 PM   #154
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Not trying to pick on you, but your post is beyond ironic.
No it’s not. I said I hoped the Blazer would be a 4Runner competitor, which it isn’t. I said I didn’t need one of that class for transparency. Doesn’t mean I can’t see the hole in the logic of 4 different cross overs and 0 real SUV’s smaller than full size.