Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-01-2018, 04:33 PM   #15
itsadryheat79

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE (2)79Z28 72RS 67SS 69Z
Send a message via Yahoo to itsadryheat79
Yes the ZL1 1LE rides aggressive but ....that really is the point.

I daily mine, not because I have to but I want to.
Rush hour 2 Rush hour - Any car sucks to be stuck in until the rush really happens

Over 11K miles for me - I'm Driven to work and it's a rush for sure.

Lower your tire pressure to make those gummy tires more comfy or better yet buy an extra set of rims and tires for the street - That's what I did MPSS last a lot longer and have tread for the rain and still perform well.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:13 PM   #16
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
I daily mine 10 miles a day. Have been for the last 6 months.

I had a 2014 Mustang GT with a full BMR Spherical kit on that, so this is actually a little more forgiving.

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 01:36 PM   #17
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbtrucking View Post
I am just curious do you guys think it's too rough for being a daily driver? When I first got it the dealer had the tires inflated to 50 PSI so it was literally like riding on rocks. I fixed it to 32PSI and after some time the suspension seems to have broken in and softened but it definitely still beats you up a bit.

I am coming from a hellcat which compared to this rode like a cadillac but of course didn't have the handling.

How many here daily drive their 1LE? Do you find it to be manageable?
I was going to daily drive the 2017 A10 ZL1 I had ordered....then they announced the ZL1 1LE....and I bought a Sonic to go with it.

I will drive it to work - but not often. The ride quality is okay for daily driving. It won't kill you, but it is very stiff.

That said, there are other reasons I don't daily drive it in the literal sense of the phrase. It's really low to the ground, the wing obstructs rear vision,
the wheels/tires are super wide and throw stones all over the sides of the car. And the tires themselves are horrible in temps less than 55 and/or rain.

Although the ZL1 1LE has all sorts of goodies inside...it is a race-car built for the street...not really a daily driver, in my eyes, if you have a choice. But then, others may choose to do so - have fun!!
Old 05-26-2018, 06:44 AM   #18
VtecGSR95

Drives: Acadia
I am hoping to acquire a ZL1 very soon, and had been thinking all along......I wont track mine, so although I love the stance of the 1LE, I will likely get the ZL1 and add the 1LE cosmetic goodies.

Lots of good feedback here.
VtecGSR95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:37 AM   #19
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I daily a leveled Duramax, I guarantee it's harsher than a ZL1 1LE.

Subject change; your car looks stunning in your sig pic.
If you haven't driven one I would 2nd guess your guarantee
Old 05-26-2018, 03:25 PM   #20
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
His guarantee is spot on as I own a 2018 zl1 1le and a 2017 2500 duramax that I daily drive and it hops all over the road when u hit bumps with no weight in the bed and it’s a much stiffer ride than the zl1 1le and my duramax isn’t leveled and that amplifies it even more. The ride in the duramax doesn’t bother me it’s just stiffer than the zl1 1le
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 04:29 PM   #21
camareoZ

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE (Black)
I just bought a new ZL1 1LE, and at first it was something to get used to. After a few days...I hate going back to my other vehicles.
camareoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:53 PM   #22
Apexslayer

Drives: Zl1 1le
I use mine as a track car and for VFR days. I had the same issue that you did - the car came with pressures set at 45lbs. It took me a day or two to figure out thats why it rode like hell. After 500miles and the correct pressures its a lot more tolerable/fun, but it still makes my EVO with KW Races feel like a Cadillac.
Apexslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:47 PM   #23
devnull
Scientific negotiator

Drives: 2019 Grand Sport
I daily it and love it! Stiff, but not terrible!
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:13 AM   #24
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
You're saying your Hellcat drove like a Caddilac and the 1LE doesn't? The ride is amazing, it's rough because its a track car.

Sounds like you got the wrong car buddy if your looking for a "Cadillac ride" in a track beast.
He never said he was "looking" for a Cadillac type ride...he said the HC was "LIKE" a Cadillac in comparison.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:16 AM   #25
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbtrucking View Post
I am just curious do you guys think it's too rough for being a daily driver? When I first got it the dealer had the tires inflated to 50 PSI so it was literally like riding on rocks. I fixed it to 32PSI and after some time the suspension seems to have broken in and softened but it definitely still beats you up a bit.

I am coming from a hellcat which compared to this rode like a cadillac but of course didn't have the handling.

How many here daily drive their 1LE? Do you find it to be manageable?
Question for you about your HC. Was it a Challenger or a Charger? If it was a Challenger, did you ever DD it in track mode (traction and suspension settings)? I notice that track mode in the HC is very harsh...too harsh for DD. Street and sport mode on the suspension settings are both fine tho. So I'm trying to see how the ZL1 1LE stacks up to the Challenger HC when put in track mode on the suspension and traction settings.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:51 AM   #26
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
His guarantee is spot on as I own a 2018 zl1 1le and a 2017 2500 duramax that I daily drive and it hops all over the road when u hit bumps with no weight in the bed and it’s a much stiffer ride than the zl1 1le and my duramax isn’t leveled and that amplifies it even more. The ride in the duramax doesn’t bother me it’s just stiffer than the zl1 1le
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:55 PM   #27
Apexslayer

Drives: Zl1 1le
After 1000 miles the ride is considerably smoother - not sure if i'm now just used to it, the suspension has "softened up", or if the roads around Cleveland have gotten smoother over the past few weeks!
Apexslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:28 PM   #28
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
39 psi in tires was the shit.. no more like shit. Didn't even occur to me to check what pressure should be ' duh '. After first oil change, service manage said "yeah and we reset tires pressure to 32psi" and it made for much nicer ride. You still feel every bump, crack, painted stripe in the road, but its more tolerable.

Next up - 285/35 PS4S on OE knock-offs for the commute. 600+ miles n counting.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote