Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-30-2020, 01:09 PM   #15
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
To add, my GF had a V6 Challenger and it's big and heavy and bulky, she loved it, great car and she drove the snot out of it and that V6 would GO.
The V6 Challenger is the only pony car I personally will apply the "V8 or GTFO" mentality on.

I know my friend's Mazda6 2.5T isn't a performance car, but it can at least keep up or even beat a V6 Challenger for from 0 to 60, no problem. So will a 2.0T Accord, V6 Camry and small sports cars like the new MX-5 and BRZ.

When you consider that Challenger is a one-trick pony(straight line acceleration) and the V6 just doesn't accomplish that, yeah... Though the GT AWD could be nice in the snow.

Pentastar 3.6 is a reliable engine, though, and to be fair, it felt relatively fast for a car that size in the Grand Cherokee we rented a while ago. I am not gonna complain too much in an SUV.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 02:09 PM   #16
Silent_H_

Drives: '21 V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty31 View Post
How are you not taking a financial bath on new car purchases?
We all do, but someone has to buy these things new or they won't get built.
Silent_H_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 03:34 PM   #17
KenMaro

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty31 View Post
How are you not taking a financial bath on new car purchases?
I've purchased new the last three vehicles i've bought... but my purchases are few and far between. 1998 Chevy Blazer, 2008 Ford Mustang, 2019 Chevy Camaro. I keep my cars and run them for years (I had a used Chevy s-10 pick-up before the blazer for 8 years). I feel like I get the value out of them by the time I am done with them, never felt like I was taking a bath financially.

I do understand that for most people changing cars every few years is the norm. For them, I agree, it seems crazy to constantly have a car payment. I like to go a few years with no car payment and just save for the next splurge.
KenMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 03:43 PM   #18
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengli View Post
So I looked at at a challenger the other day, since FCA has killer rebates on their new stuff this month. Thought maybe a scat pack equipped 6.4L... car would be interesting to drive maybe. The sales guys first off wouldn't let me test drive the car initially, which I can understand. Its a performance car, not everyone should be able to test drive. They warned me to be careful with the 485Hp under the hood. Wow, what a let down. It drove just fine, great brakes, ok interior, huge trunk. But tried to accelerate up an on ramp, and it was a slug. I was very under whelmed with the test drive. So went and bought a new 2SS camaro instead.

The camaro just feels and reacts like a performance car. Just thought I would try the other options out there.
Congrats on the new Camaro! We need pictures.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:29 PM   #19
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
I love my Hemi in my Rebel, but the only challenger I’d want is a hc. The things weigh too much for even a 6.4, and they don’t hold a candle to the handling of a 5.0/SS
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 09:32 AM   #20
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
Off topic, I switch cars every few years, and sure I loose a few bucks on the swaps. But I buy when they are deeply discounted, or buy year end left overs at 20% or so off. I dont make any money when swapping, but I dont loose the shirt off my back either. Honestly its like renting a car for a period of time. The camaros feel planted, and sure footed on the road. Kinda miss my ZL1, but then again how often did I really use that 650HP on the street, not very often.
This the shock and steel package I found, kinda different..so far great car.
Attached Images

sengli is offline   Reply With Quote