Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-27-2020, 01:25 PM   #85
XAUSTD

Drives: ‘18 Camaro ZL1, ‘16 F150 S/C Coyote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
seasons? What are those?
Sunshine State baby!!
XAUSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 09:25 PM   #86
Twist ZL1

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Just put the ZL1 away this Thanksgiving weekend in PA. Freshly detailed and stored in a heated garage. I already miss driving it daily. I might get a couple of days in Decemeber to take her out, but I'm not counting on it. After Christmas I'll be stuck driving my hatchback, and the ZL1 won't get driven again until April.
Twist ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 07:46 AM   #87
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
The parts catalog refers to the area where the roof folds into as a "stowage compartment". If you look up the part for the Gen5, it shows and is called a tonneau. The sales brochures for the Gen6 refer to it as a "hard tonneau".

My only experience with tonneau covers to this point were the things that covered up the bed of my trucks. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, it almost seems like it varies from vehicle to vehicle . My research showed otherwise You are probably correct about the Camaro - you ARE the one who has a vert.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 07:47 AM   #88
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob RS View Post
zaimer, i didn't even realize that mistake until you mentioned it about my status RS LT1. Thanks for pointing it out.
No problem, Bob! Just had to give you a hard time. We can't fault ourselves too much.. it seems the majority of the dealers don't know the difference (of the LT1) either.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:51 AM   #89
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupilbone View Post
Thanks for that

I’ve been a fan of the Z cars as well as Camaro’s my whole life - truth be known a 300zx twin turbo nearly took my life, or saved my life (depends how you look at it), in the early 90’s when I was much younger and quite stupid. I shat on my seat, but it was awesome!

The 370z Nismo is a brilliant little (albeit throwback), car. High strung and needs to be wound up for true enjoyment. My wife is the best, let me buy the Camaro’s with no issues. When she came to me wanting something “zippy” but not scary like a Camaro, i was selfish and sort of steered her in only one direction...
"zippy"... well the Z is certainly that! I think the Z's feel much faster than what they appear on paper. The Z line IS a brilliant series. Though understandable, it is a bit of a shame that Nissan hasn't given the cars the attention they deserve. The white pearl is one of my favorites as well, my 350z was that color.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:53 AM   #90
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Snowed 6" on Monday. I went for a nice spin this afternoon, sunny and 45F. Roads were dry. No issues. The car's too much fun to be parked.
I agree but I chickened out with this car! "Too precious" . I think I have a little PTSD from getting rid of my last yellow car (several cars ago). Now that I FINALLY have yellow again...
Old 11-30-2020, 07:58 AM   #91
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post

Yeah, it almost seems like it varies from vehicle to vehicle . My research showed otherwise You are probably correct about the Camaro - you ARE the one who has a vert.
I'm going off of the sales brochure as it's the only one that seems to have any sort of definitive term for the actual covering piece. The parts catalog doesn't list the actual part, so nothing to reference there.

As long as it operates correctly when I press the switch, I'm not overly concerned with its actual name.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 08:05 AM   #92
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
I'm not driving mine in cold or bad weather but I'm keeping the insurance active on full, because we do occasionally get nice days in winter and I will most certainly want to drive it even if it's once in 3 months.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 08:05 AM   #93
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
I'm going off of the sales brochure as it's the only one that seems to have any sort of definitive term for the actual covering piece. The parts catalog doesn't list the actual part, so nothing to reference there.

As long as it operates correctly when I press the switch, I'm not overly concerned with its actual name.

Should never have to use it anyway, tops are meant to be down!
Old 11-30-2020, 08:20 AM   #94
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
I'm not driving mine in cold or bad weather but I'm keeping the insurance active on full, because we do occasionally get nice days in winter and I will most certainly want to drive it even if it's once in 3 months.
Same here. It's just one of those things that you budget for so the few bucks it would save me overall aren't really worth it. Kinda like medical benefits and/or 401K contributions being pulled from your paycheck. They're all necessary evils.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 09:13 AM   #95
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Mine will go away for the winter once salt has been put down on the roads, and won't come out again until rain has washed the salt off the roads.

I just got rid of the OEM Goodyear summer run-flats, and replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 + so am prepared to drive in colder weather, but the salt mixes they use around here eat a car alive, so that will be it for the season when they put that sh*t down.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:07 PM   #96
VT-1LE

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE Satin Steel Metallic
Just did this last weekend
VT-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 12:56 PM   #97
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Yesterday
Attached Images

ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 02:48 PM   #98
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
eh gonna be 50 friday. looks like the last day to floor it this year
i was close. drove it all weekend trying to run the ethanol out. put the winter wheels/tires on it so i can store the factory stuff in the dining room.

as it turns out - 245/45/19 snow tires and a fbo 18 ss 1LE get along like oil and water. floor it from 75 mph in 3rd? nope. it is funny to think how much quieter a snow tire is vs the goodyear sc3. all those snow tires have to do is hold the car up, so they will be fine.