Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

AWE Tuning

Old 02-02-2021, 12:14 PM   #1
NotFast

Drives: 2021 LT1
Why is it so hard to window shop wheels for the Camaro?

I guess maybe this is more of a rant.

I simply want to fire up Tire Rack and Discount Tire and poke around at wheels for my LT1 but both those sites assume I want their version of a staggered setup.

What if I want to see the prices for square setups? Sorry, nope. The inability to search by wheel size on these retailers makes it impossible (unless you guys have some trick).

NotFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 12:52 PM   #2
JitteryJoe

Drives: 21' LTI, '18 Traverse, '15 Mazda 6
I'm on the same hunt for LT1 wheels and yes it's very frustrating. I was just on VividRacing and that seems to be the only site so far that lets you filter on specific wheel size / width / offset.
JitteryJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 02:20 PM   #3
NotFast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitteryJoe View Post
I'm on the same hunt for LT1 wheels and yes it's very frustrating. I was just on VividRacing and that seems to be the only site so far that lets you filter on specific wheel size / width / offset.

Apex has a pretty good guide, but I was hoping to see some cheaper options. Like you, I bought an LT1 and $400+ wheels may not be in the budget.

https://support.apexraceparts.com/hc...-Fitment-Guide

Edit: yeah Vivid Racing is pretty cool!

Last edited by NotFast; 02-05-2021 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-15-2021, 06:17 PM   #4
WldchrySS

Drives: 2021 camaro ss
When I bought my car I looked at tire rack. They are there but you have to get through the staggered ones first. Put in your car type when your choices come up go through the staggered sets and you’ll start seeing them.
WldchrySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:30 PM   #5
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
On tire rack you just hide the staggered wheel option
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:48 PM   #6
NotFast

Where is the no-staggered option? I'm banging my head against the computer looking to remove that choice.
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2021, 02:59 PM   #7
JitteryJoe

Drives: 21' LTI, '18 Traverse, '15 Mazda 6
you have to go down lower to the actual wheels and when it shows a rear option there is a hide button above it.
JitteryJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:01 AM   #8
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Tire rack needs to allow you to search wheels by size/spec like they do with tires. The car only search with only fitments they can guarantee really sucks when trying to find a custom fitment you want. I get they have to cater to the masses with the "easy button" approach, but they should also allow the people that know what they are looking for to find it...
Old 02-18-2021, 12:01 PM   #9
NotFast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Tire rack needs to allow you to search wheels by size/spec like they do with tires. The car only search with only fitments they can guarantee really sucks when trying to find a custom fitment you want. I get they have to cater to the masses with the "easy button" approach, but they should also allow the people that know what they are looking for to find it...
You are spot on - Tire Rack should have an advanced mode for enthusiasts. I feel that they've haven't catered to the enthusiast market since the original owners sold out 10-ish years ago. I also tried to pick wheels from Vivid Racing but I'm pretty sure they don't know which of their wheels will fit on the front of the Camaro. I fell in love with a set of Konig wheels and finally had to contact Konig directly to confirm the 19x10 wouldn't clear the calipers.

I did finally end up calling the Tire Rack and asking them and I'm pretty sure there are not many 19x10 5x120 wheels (and even fewer than fit the front). I ordered a set last night but won't be able to test them on the car until the polar vortex ends and I can get my car out of storage.