Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-07-2016, 10:40 PM   #29
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Something wrong if they're running high 12s.. That's just odd.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 10:55 PM   #30
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Please re-read post #1 guys

He has a 10 second car
Old 05-08-2016, 07:40 AM   #31
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Let me sum it up...

OP ran mid 12's with Camaro.

Pat easily has 10 second car, was in process of testing and tweaking tune. Rear end got out, he let off and coasted to an almost 14 second timeslip.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:05 AM   #32
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
Let me sum it up...

Pat easily has 10 second car, was in process of testing and tweaking tune. Rear end got out, he let off and coasted to an almost 14 second timeslip.
Correct. He ran an 11.4 leaving in second gear. I think he trapped 132 on that pass. A little tuning and worse case scenario he has too purchase a few hundred dollars worth of suspension will net mid 10s in good air no problem.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:11 AM   #33
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Let me sum it up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Correct. He ran an 11.4 leaving in second gear. I think he trapped 132 on that pass. A little tuning and worse case scenario he has too purchase a few hundred dollars worth of suspension will net mid 10s in good air no problem.
Perfect, thank you guys for the explanation! I tend to look at slips proving the #s haha. And the slips posted were in 12's not 10's.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:26 AM   #34
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Man rain again tonight! I worry about Atco going out of business. I go even when I know it's going to rain just to give them $20. What would I do on Tuesday and Friday nights? I could go to my writing club, but the adrenaline is pretty low there. Still interesting.

Pat News: He reached deep down into his pockets and bought himself a pair of I7" Race Stars with the good MTs. Good move. He is selling me his 18x305-35 ET Street S/S DRs for my SS and my 18" TSWs. A little short for the SS, but who worries about little lights on the dash? Watch out auto Mustangs, I'm going after you now. LOL

But Pat has not yet had his tune adjusted. He thinks his new setup might hold an aggressive 2nd gear now. I think not. Any other guesses? I think I still will be able to take him unless he starts in 2nd or runs with TC on.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:41 AM   #35
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
I have video of him dragging my a$$ for '1320 which will never see the light of day..lol.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:46 AM   #36
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
My first genuine run at the dragstrip was at Beech Bend in KY. My 2016 Camaro 2SS was running against a supercharged Mustang and I beat him by 5 or more car lengths. My second run was against another supercharged Mustang and the same thing happened...about 6 car lengths. Both of the Mustangs were running terrible 12.8 or so times, but their trap speed was better than 124 + mph. My last run against the better of the two Mustangs I got beat, but just at the end of the 1/4 mile. I had a terrible reaction time and 60 foot was over 2.0 as well, so I chalk that loss up to my poor driving. Strange enough on the run where he beat me, his mid track performance was well behind mine. It would appear that even supercharged, the 5.0 Mustang doesn't build torque until well into the rev range. Both of those Mustangs were running street tires, but their 60 foot times were in the 2.0 range so I don't think they were losing traction. Who knows...it was fun for me, not so much for them.
I don't know why anyone would try taking a S/C Mustang/Camaro whatever to the drags trip on street tires lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:07 PM   #37
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
I do love the friendly competition you and Pat have going, I think that is pretty awesome!
So far he is kicking my butt. I need to beat him a few more times before he sorts his car out. Once he does that I will need to leave as he stages.

My best and closest run ever with Pat was with his 2015 GT while it was NA with DRs and a tune running 11.9-12.1. I had my ZL1 and I was learning to launch it. Never did get the hang of it before GM bought the car. But I treed him a little and we stayed dead even with him hanging on to my back fender all the way down. Later he admitted he gave me a break at the line, .25 seconds LOL. He said he thought he would run me down. The nerve of an almost stock GT driver expecting to run down a ZL1.

Still I loved that car. It had a presence that the '16 SS does not. Billy Speed, another Atco Camaro goer, bought a new M6 ZL1 last fall. Now he is running mid-11s with just the Jannety 75 HP kit. Wish I still had it and my '16 SS was my daily driver.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:42 PM   #38
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Let me sum it up...

its obvious, idk how anyone is arguing the guy ran it out.

in this guys case, he lost traction, likely losing whatever he was looking to get out of the run and saved the car for the next try.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:58 PM   #39
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
its obvious, idk how anyone is arguing the guy ran it out.

in this guys case, he lost traction, likely losing whatever he was looking to get out of the run and saved the car for the next try.
Sorry for causing such a debate with that timeslip. I was being such a poser.

But no one mentioned Pat's -.003 light. He is no poser.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:01 PM   #40
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
you were just telling the story of a fun night at the track. some ppl here just take it too far.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:05 PM   #41
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Just curious...is this where he got his Mustang and for $40k?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/talked-oh...164500085.html
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:28 PM   #42
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post

Pat News: He reached deep down into his pockets and bought himself a pair of I7" Race Stars with the good MTs. Good move. He is selling me his 18x305-35 ET Street S/S DRs for my SS and my 18" TSWs. A little short for the SS, but who worries about little lights on the dash? Watch out auto Mustangs, I'm going after you now. LOL
How have the manual 6th gens been making out with DRs? The manual Mustangs have had a lot of issues trying to launch on sticky tires.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote