Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-21-2021, 12:30 PM   #1
CC2018SS1LE

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro ss 1LE
C8 Corvette VS Camaro SS 1LE on track

v=v7qzO0GtA2crl]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7qzO0GtA2c&t=3s[/url]

Last edited by CC2018SS1LE; 02-21-2021 at 07:48 PM.
CC2018SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 02:40 PM   #2
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
You say "VS" as if there was a competition. Something tells me that the Vette wasn't exactly trying, and was probably a driver that knowingly can't push his care, but wanted a safe place to crawl - walk - run.
Old 02-21-2021, 07:59 PM   #3
CC2018SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
You say "VS" as if there was a competition. Something tells me that the Vette wasn't exactly trying, and was probably a driver that knowingly can't push his care, but wanted a safe place to crawl - walk - run.
I think he was trying to go fast, but i do not think he was that good of a driver.

I actually never got past on the track, by a Corvette, except a C7 Zo6. I know a C8 should blow me away with a good driver at the wheel.
I was just having fun, because it was the first C8 i drove on the track with. Im looking forward to meeting one on the track ,with a good driver.
My SS1LE is a badass car, and Im a pretty aggressive driver, so it will be interesting
Old 02-21-2021, 08:09 PM   #4
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC2018SS1LE View Post
I think he was trying to go fast, but i do not think he was that good of a driver.

I actually never got past on the track, by a Corvette, except a C7 Zo6. I know a C8 should blow me away with a good driver at the wheel.
I was just having fun, because it was the first C8 i drove on the track with. Im looking forward to meeting one on the track ,with a good driver.
My SS1LE is a badass car, and Im a pretty aggressive driver, so it will be interesting
I enjoyed the video though. I could tell you you were enjoying yourself and trying to push a little extra to catch up in those curves that got a little squirrely.

I gotta find a track that I can go play on. I have gotten old enough that my balls aren't big enough to be stupid on public roads, but I'm still young enough that I want to push my car and see what I can do.
Old 02-21-2021, 08:30 PM   #5
CC2018SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
I enjoyed the video though. I could tell you you were enjoying yourself and trying to push a little extra to catch up in those curves that got a little squirrely.

I gotta find a track that I can go play on. I have gotten old enough that my balls aren't big enough to be stupid on public roads, but I'm still young enough that I want to push my car and see what I can do.
Just do it, it is a blast, Im 62Years old and Im having a blast. I am faster then 95% of the other cars on the track, i do not think anyone ever past me in 10 track days, I usually lap the field. I must admit it is not just my driving, the SS 1LE is one of the best track cars i have ever seen, it brings out the best in me.
Old 02-22-2021, 10:03 AM   #6
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC2018SS1LE View Post

C8 should have the advantage but not necessarily blow you away. Look at Motor Trend's Laguna Seca times chart. Not the same day, but same driver, ss 1le completed the lap faster than the c8.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:14 PM   #7
6sigma

Drives: rally green LT1 manual
Cool vid, thanks for posting. I've had a few expensive (to me) cars that I've intentionally slow walked on some turns on track just to be extra safe. I've also passed a number of very fast cars because they weren't being driven aggressively. That might be what is going on here, or maybe just a new car first time on track and takes some getting used to. I think a C8 would be pretty close to a SS 1LE on track, all else equal. Now the new Z06 or whatever is probably a different ballgame.
6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:25 AM   #8
CC2018SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sigma View Post
Cool vid, thanks for posting. I've had a few expensive (to me) cars that I've intentionally slow walked on some turns on track just to be extra safe. I've also passed a number of very fast cars because they weren't being driven aggressively. That might be what is going on here, or maybe just a new car first time on track and takes some getting used to. I think a C8 would be pretty close to a SS 1LE on track, all else equal. Now the new Z06 or whatever is probably a different ballgame.
Thank you, I enjoy driving fast and using the 1LE, as it is supposed to be used.

This is true, some guys just like trying out their cars and do not really want to drive 10/10s or even 6/10s. But most of the guys with 1LEs really drive their cars hard.

I would like to meet a C8 on the track with a good driver, I think it will be a interesting duel.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:31 AM   #9
CC2018SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
C8 should have the advantage but not necessarily blow you away. Look at Motor Trend's Laguna Seca times chart. Not the same day, but same driver, ss 1le completed the lap faster than the c8.
On paper a C8 should blow me away, more horsepower, lighter weight and mid engine
I agree with you, I think it would be a close competition. I have beaten a C6 Z06 with a worked motor, 650 HP and winged. he was a pretty good driver, but I ate him going in and coming out of the corners. I did 3 seconds a lap faster then him at PBIR, a relatively short track