Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-27-2021, 12:16 PM   #1
linuxbox

Drives: 2017 2ss coupe
Question Drivers side windows goes up then back down on it's own

have a 2018 ZL1 and had zero issues until just today. the drivers side window if i click the button once to have the window automatically go up on it's own instead of me holding the button in, the window will go up a bit and then roll back down all of the way. it's random as to how far it will roll up before it rolls back down. also it sounds like it's scraping or something like inside of the door. car only has 19,000 miles on it.

dealership is 30 miles away so didn't know if this was something that can be corrected easily or should i just schedule an appointment. Thanks for any assistance!
linuxbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:06 PM   #2
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Ghosts?
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:46 PM   #3
Rhobz

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I am not positive but I assume there is a safety mechanism whereas if the window contacts something on the way up, like a kid's head, it will roll back down again. If you are hearing scraping inside the door maybe it is causing enough resistance to trigger the safety feature.
Rhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:53 PM   #4
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhobz View Post
I am not positive but I assume there is a safety mechanism whereas if the window contacts something on the way up, like a kid's head, it will roll back down again. If you are hearing scraping inside the door maybe it is causing enough resistance to trigger the safety feature.
This. There is likely something in the window tract.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:58 PM   #5
linuxbox

Drives: 2017 2ss coupe
yea it's like a "crunching" noise and i just went out to test it and i had to manually pull the window up while using the button as well to roll it up. something definitely isn't right. no way i'm rolling it back down anymore until it warms up some.
linuxbox is offline   Reply With Quote