Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-22-2014, 03:48 AM   #15
OneSlowV

Drives: 2018 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRich2587 View Post
i'm a BMW master tech and although in biased I'll take the 1LE all day i've yet to have one beat me on a road course when i was stock and modified. The best is the look on there faces when you pass them lol. I haven't driven a new one yet but i think they will be very close in performance. Also SMG sucks its a manual trans operated with a computer the hydraulics suck on them and they have a standard clutch that the computer burns out just as bad as a novice driver lol. DCT is amazing but its missing that driving experience of a manual, however for a pure track car you can't beat it
The new M3 is what 80k now? Not impressed for the money but have always liked the inline 6 they make.

2020 CAMARO LT1 6spd 11.02@ 135 dragy approved
OneSlowV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:55 AM   #16
IrishCoffee

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSlowV View Post
The new M3 is what 80k now? Not impressed for the money but have always liked the inline 6 they make.
They start at $63K. It comes with a ton of stuff already (Nav, heated seats, carbon trim, xenons, etc). When I option out what I would get, it's about $67K. That is acutally quite a bargain for what it is. Yes, there are a bunch of expensive packages you can get, but honestly who needs power rear sunshades or parking assistance?

The M3 has always been worth the money for those wanting performance luxury. It just depends on what you are looking for. The materials used on the interior and the fit and finish are head and shoulders above anything that GM offers other than maybe the Vette. Go test drive one then decide if you're impressed.

If you are looking at just performance for the money then it may not be worth it for you. Although the brand new M3 (which I haven't seen many road course numbers on) is likely to beat the 1LE without a problem. The E9X series is a different story.
IrishCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:42 PM   #17
OneSlowV

Drives: 2018 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCoffee View Post
They start at $63K. It comes with a ton of stuff already (Nav, heated seats, carbon trim, xenons, etc). When I option out what I would get, it's about $67K. That is acutally quite a bargain for what it is. Yes, there are a bunch of expensive packages you can get, but honestly who needs power rear sunshades or parking assistance?

The M3 has always been worth the money for those wanting performance luxury. It just depends on what you are looking for. The materials used on the interior and the fit and finish are head and shoulders above anything that GM offers other than maybe the Vette. Go test drive one then decide if you're impressed.

If you are looking at just performance for the money then it may not be worth it for you. Although the brand new M3 (which I haven't seen many road course numbers on) is likely to beat the 1LE without a problem. The E9X series is a different story.
I drove the M3 V8 model. I was ok really missed the tq like the GM cars. The c63 i did however like even though the interior isn't as great as the M it was a lot faster though it wasn't stock

2020 CAMARO LT1 6spd 11.02@ 135 dragy approved
OneSlowV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:33 AM   #18
MiSTER

Drives: 2010 2SS CGM Camaro, 1988 6.6L IROC
M3 wasn't listed but per last year's Car and Driver lightning lap, the 1LE was able to best the higher horsepower M5 and M6 at VIR.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...o-2013-page-10
MiSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #19
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCoffee View Post

as an owner of a e92 335i i have to disagree caddy's have much better interiors but there is something about the way the 3 drives which separates it from the pack. i would have to give the edge to the 1le in all areas of performance