Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 09-29-2009, 12:29 AM   #1
deepdish

Drives: Non-Camaro Vehicle
Protecting your car

Hello,

I am really look into buying the 2SS/RS Camaro in the near future (most likely in spring 2010) and been hooked on this car for sometime. I plan to use this car as a daily driver, which is overkill but thats my choice (not too mention drastic changes in insurance and gasoline compared to my current '99 Honda Civic [no modifications done as its something I would not do on any car, including my future Camaro]).

From experiences with your Camaro, what are some of the things that you do to protect your car from others or objects (i.e.: shopping carts on a windy day, etc)? Is there any specific places that you guys park to avoid any damage to your Camaro (far away from the main entrance to a mall for example?). Is there certain places that you avoid when driving your Camaro?

Please share your thoughts. If it helps, I am in the Greater Toronto Area.

Much appreciated!
deepdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:43 AM   #2
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Insurance.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:04 AM   #3
camaro99

Drives: Angry Dorothy II 2016 2SS
Cool

you<ve got to be kidding If you drive it all over put in a sign

BEWARE OF BOMB
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:25 AM   #4
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
It's not my daily driver, therefore, it's usually not out of my site.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:26 AM   #5
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
i dont have my car yet... but i will be parking it away from people as much as i can...
ill be garaging it when im at home or at my gf ... covered....
ill try to keep it in good shape as long as i can...

the obvious insurance, locking wheel nuts... etc...

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:29 AM   #6
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
trunk monkey
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:17 AM   #7
camaro99

Drives: Angry Dorothy II 2016 2SS
dont forget bugs birds and tree sap
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:27 AM   #8
ArcticCamaro

Drives: 2010 RS/SS, BMW Z4, 427 Cobra
My RS/SS is my daily driver. I park it well away from most other vehicles, except at work, where I have to park in the parking lot behind our building. If I am parking at a golf course, I will look to park beside other, nice cars. There are lots, and their owners are usually as careful as I am. The people who park beside me at work are usually co-workers, and occasionally a client, but all are very good about making sure they don't hit it with a door. Lets face it tho, some day.... But, I would far prefer driving it every day and worrying about the possibility of a ding, then leaving it in the garage and not getting to drive it. I have 2 1965 427 Cobra replicas (the second is just out for paint) that get treated that way (left in the garage), and it sucks.

I guess you have to ask yourself - why did I buy this car? Do you really think it is going to go up in value during your lifetime? Taking a few smart precautions will reduce the potential for some a$$ to hit it and it will stay "like new" a little longer, but if I had to re-paint the doors (or the whole car) 10 years from now, it is worth it just to drive it every day and have women throw themselves at me for a ride!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:30 AM   #9
MakGrl

Drives: Cavalier&Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticCamaro View Post
My RS/SS is my daily driver. I park it well away from most other vehicles, except at work, where I have to park in the parking lot behind our building. If I am parking at a golf course, I will look to park beside other, nice cars. There are lots, and their owners are usually as careful as I am. The people who park beside me at work are usually co-workers, and occasionally a client, but all are very good about making sure they don't hit it with a door. Lets face it tho, some day.... But, I would far prefer driving it every day and worrying about the possibility of a ding, then leaving it in the garage and not getting to drive it. I have 2 1965 427 Cobra replicas (the second is just out for paint) that get treated that way (left in the garage), and it sucks.

I guess you have to ask yourself - why did I buy this car? Do you really think it is going to go up in value during your lifetime? Taking a few smart precautions will reduce the potential for some a$$ to hit it and it will stay "like new" a little longer, but if I had to re-paint the doors (or the whole car) 10 years from now, it is worth it just to drive it every day and have women throw themselves at me for a ride!

+1
MakGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:34 AM   #10
deepdish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudXTC View Post
i dont have my car yet... but i will be parking it away from people as much as i can...
ill be garaging it when im at home or at my gf ... covered....
ill try to keep it in good shape as long as i can...

the obvious insurance, locking wheel nuts... etc...
I'm actually in the same city as you. Insurance is required in Ontario, so thats something I can't drive without. I suppose my issue with insurance is that if you are making more and more claims, the higher the chance of your rates going up. At least thats what I was told from others (my insurance is with State Farm, and I've been with them for sometime).
Old 09-29-2009, 09:39 AM   #11
deepdish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticCamaro View Post

I agree with what you say. My brother did have an '04 Acura TL, to which it was vandalized within the downtown Toronto area when he first purchased it. I'm sure Red Deer is no where like Toronto, so I have the unfornate thing of dealing with potential a**holes.

You're right about something unfortunate happening to your car. But since the Camaro is much highly appreciated then a Acura TL, one would think that there would be much more to worry.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:47 AM   #12
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
This is my daily driver but that being said because there arent many around yet its a real attention seeker. I park mine way at the back at work and do not park it at box stores period.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #13
bulks

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS / VR WS
Double Barrel Shotgun with a doberman.
bulks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #14
68 RS
68 RS

Drives: 1968 RS, 2010 SS2RS
Put the first ding in it yourself then you'll feel better when it does happen.

We have the car a month and my son out a small scartch on the side with his tool box.

Oh well, life happens.
68 RS is offline   Reply With Quote