Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-19-2016, 10:50 PM   #1
jgniv

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS
What to expect

Hey guys, new to the forums here but I'm looking for some tips on what I can expect when I go in to buy the new 6th gen! I currently own a 2015 2LS, but now that I'm making more money I'm looking to upgrade to a new 2SS! I just wanted to know how your general car buying experience was, if there is anything I should look out for/specific questions for the dealer that I should ask, and lastly approximately what kind of payments you have (just to help put things into perspective). Not sure if it makes much a difference, but I'm out in Phoenix, AZ.
jgniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:08 PM   #2
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
First tip I can give, and I too am new to the brand new car buying experience, is to not be afraid to walk out if you feel you are not getting the deal you want. In my area, most dealers told me they would not sell below MSRP, until I found one that did.

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:13 PM   #3
jgniv

Thank you! I remember shopping around at 3 different dealerships before settling on my 2LS, but I'm not sure about anything specific anyone else may have run into during the purchasing process. I'm also pretty interested in seeing some examples of what some of your monthly payments are. I've been running a lot of numbers before I go into the dealerships, but I want to make sure I'm at least on the right track haha.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:00 AM   #4
Sev

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgniv View Post
Thank you! I remember shopping around at 3 different dealerships before settling on my 2LS, but I'm not sure about anything specific anyone else may have run into during the purchasing process. I'm also pretty interested in seeing some examples of what some of your monthly payments are. I've been running a lot of numbers before I go into the dealerships, but I want to make sure I'm at least on the right track haha.
Monthy payments will come down to a lot of factors... what the total price of the purchase will be (including fees), how long of a term you're wanting, APR, and how much down you are willing to put on the car. So it's going to be different for everyone. From what I'm going to put down, and how long of a term I'm looking for, my payments will sit around 250 a month.

Old 02-20-2016, 12:34 AM   #5
Corona

Drives: 2015 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Monthy payments will come down to a lot of factors... what the total price of the purchase will be (including fees), how long of a term you're wanting, APR, and how much down you are willing to put on the car. So it's going to be different for everyone. From what I'm going to put down, and how long of a term I'm looking for, my payments will sit around 250 a month.
You must be putting a lot down
2015 Chevrolet Malibu
Corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:25 AM   #6
BFella

Drives: 16' Supercharged 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgniv View Post
Hey guys, new to the forums here but I'm looking for some tips on what I can expect when I go in to buy the new 6th gen! I currently own a 2015 2LS, but now that I'm making more money I'm looking to upgrade to a new 2SS! I just wanted to know how your general car buying experience was, if there is anything I should look out for/specific questions for the dealer that I should ask, and lastly approximately what kind of payments you have (just to help put things into perspective). Not sure if it makes much a difference, but I'm out in Phoenix, AZ.
Go to Chapman, ask for Andy the sales manager, have him set you up with the best salesman.

I got 17k for trade in on my 2014 2LS with 22k miles, I also got them to take the premium markup off the Camaro.
BFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:39 AM   #7
JoeYock

Drives: 2016 BVM 2LT RS V6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFella View Post
Go to Chapman, ask for Andy the sales manager, have him set you up with the best salesman.

I got 17k for trade in on my 2014 2LS with 22k miles, I also got them to take the premium markup off the Camaro.
There shouldn't be a premium markup on this car. That's ridiculous. Van's threw me an offer around employee pricing at the end of last month but I wasn't ready to pull the trigger yet.
JoeYock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:57 AM   #8
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Whhen ordering

Congrats, see this great thread from cartem2 about chevy's ordering process & what happens now:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438736

And then read Becky’s thread:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:03 AM   #9
BFella

Drives: 16' Supercharged 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeYock View Post
There shouldn't be a premium markup on this car. That's ridiculous. Van's threw me an offer around employee pricing at the end of last month but I wasn't ready to pull the trigger yet.
Chapman has a 5,000 premium markup on all 16s - They also have the most of any 2016s than any other dealership. I've always gone to them. It's not hard to get the markup off.

It's for people who don't know what they're doing when buying.
BFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:05 AM   #10
Sev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona View Post
You must be putting a lot down
Indeed .

Old 02-20-2016, 10:06 AM   #11
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
You should be able to get supplier pricing on a new order without any problem. I was able to without any prerequisites. If I were going to buy one off the lot, I'd try for more...not sure how easy that would be. When you're within a month of signing papers and accepting delivery, try for a special offer buy going onto Chevrolet.com from a computer that hasn't been to the site yet. They seem to get the discount offer easier. It'll give you a code for another $1500 off.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:08 AM   #12
jgniv

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFella View Post

I really appreciate the heads up! That is exactly the kind of info I was hoping for! I also would like to hear a little more about the differences between the 1SS and the 2SS models if anyone wouldn't mind sharing
Old 02-20-2016, 11:16 AM   #13
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
You can compare them side by side on Chevrolet.com
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:27 AM   #14
jgniv

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
You can compare them side by side on Chevrolet.com
*Mind blown*

Thank you!