Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-13-2018, 11:43 AM   #85
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel2702zzz View Post
Over populated? Ohio's population density is 282 people per sq mile, California's population density is 240 people per sq mile so in fact California is not anywhere near overpopulated it's actually less densely populated than the state you live in.
PS: You want to know what state is actually overpopulated, New Jersey, there's over 1000 people per sq mile.
I think you're taking that to heart a little too much.
ive experienced both very much and have been to almost all 50 states.

cali is like three times the size of ohio if not more, the only difference is the thick wilderness that makes up for a majority of the inhabitable land so the whole per mile thing isn't even close to comparable. in most places there is only about 20-50 people per Sq mile if that.

ive lived in Cali and the traffic there is unreal.

prime example,
Los Angeles has an estimated population of 13 MILLION
Columbus has a population of just under 880,000.
we do not experience smog really at all.

why do they have so many car parts that aren't for legal sale in CA? I know for sure I don't have to have green cats or cats at all here.

NJ MA and NY are turning into china sadly and the populations are only increasing.
I couldn't imagine how busy the world would be if WWI and WWII didn't happen.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:11 PM   #86
DatBrotato

Drives: '18 SS 1LE M6
aaaand now we're on a different set of rails..
Old 07-13-2018, 05:14 PM   #87
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Whatever rails we’re on don’t really matter. The odds of a Z/28 coming at this point are basically 0.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:40 AM   #88
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
I spoke to Al about this at camarofest , while he reinterated the Z/28 has always been naturally aspirated I counter pointed that Nothing is set in stone . Original dz 302 z/28s were also limited to 5.0 liters ( per grand am & trans am rules back in the day ) that also has been thrown out the window . In my humble opinion a Z/28 with ZR1 power would be AWESOME !! Just a thought GM .

Signed devoted chevy fans ....
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 12:06 PM   #89
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenfive View Post
I spoke to Al about this at camarofest , while he reinterated the Z/28 has always been naturally aspirated I counter pointed that Nothing is set in stone . Original dz 302 z/28s were also limited to 5.0 liters ( per grand am & trans am rules back in the day ) that also has been thrown out the window . In my humble opinion a Z/28 with ZR1 power would be AWESOME !! Just a thought GM .

Was there any optimism towards another iteration being produced whatever they may call it or power it with?
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:29 PM   #90
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenfive View Post

I disagree. Some things should remain sacred. Otherwise, you end up with the C7 Z06. A “track car” that’s a subpar track car.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:52 PM   #91
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I disagree. Some things should remain sacred. Otherwise, you end up with the C7 Z06. A “track car” that’s a subpar track car.
Do you believe the ZL1 1LE is a subpar track car with the LT4? Do you believe a Camaro with the LT5 could be subpar or would it be a guaranteed track terror?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:36 AM   #92
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Do you believe the ZL1 1LE is a subpar track car with the LT4? Do you believe a Camaro with the LT5 could be subpar or would it be a guaranteed track terror?
X2
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:22 AM   #93
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
I am looking at possibly having the last Z/28 made, would only make mine worth more somewhere in the future. With mods made, it is an absolute blast to drive.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:18 AM   #94
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
I believe he is referencing the Z06 overheating issues. For a package that always used to be about track performance than come out with one that overheats that's not good.

Notice how after they had all the Z06 issues all teh focus that went into cooling for the Camaro and now in the ZR-1

Now I think a LT5 Camaro would be killer, I just don't see it happening
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:40 PM   #95
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Now that Camaro Fest is over, any word on a Z/28?

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 02:32 PM   #96
Bhobbs

Quote:
I’m not saying Team Camaro couldn’t make an LT5 Camaro that decimates the competition. I’m not saying the ZL1 1LE isn’t a fantastic track car. My point is that once you get away from the point of a vehicle, it probably won’t end well.

The Z06 was a light weight, n/a, fixed roof track car. They threw that away with the C7 and it resulted in an overweight, undercooled “track” car that is barely controllable at the limit, struggles with staying cool for more than a couple laps and really doesn’t represent the previous versions of the car.

Even now, people are demanding the 1LE have an auto trans option. This is how it starts, and unless Team Camaro stands firm, the 1LE could easily end up like the Z/28 badge did. Slapped on cars that are nothing more than Camaro V8s. I’m not really happy with how they are handling the 1LE badge this generation. They are watering it down by putting it on the turbo 4 and V6 models, especially by just making it the SS suspension and cooling. They don’t even paint the calipers red.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:43 PM   #97
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I’m not saying Team Camaro couldn’t make an LT5 Camaro that decimates the competition. I’m not saying the ZL1 1LE isn’t a fantastic track car. My point is that once you get away from the point of a vehicle, it probably won’t end well.

The Z06 was a light weight, n/a, fixed roof track car. They threw that away with the C7 and it resulted in an overweight, undercooled “track” car that is barely controllable at the limit, struggles with staying cool for more than a couple laps and really doesn’t represent the previous versions of the car.

Even now, people are demanding the 1LE have an auto trans option. This is how it starts, and unless Team Camaro stands firm, the 1LE could easily end up like the Z/28 badge did. Slapped on cars that are nothing more than Camaro V8s. I’m not really happy with how they are handling the 1LE badge this generation. They are watering it down by putting it on the turbo 4 and V6 models, especially by just making it the SS suspension and cooling. They don’t even paint the calipers red.
I understand where you're coming from and think the SS 1LE is the star of the gen6 for that reason. NA brilliance.

Having that base covered, it would be cool to see a halo LT5 Camaro called Z/28. The Camaro team would do it right and it would finish the 6th gen with a exclamation point.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:12 PM   #98
Bhobbs

I just don’t see the need to call it Z/28. Call it something else and you have my support.