Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum


Emblempros


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2019, 02:28 PM   #267
MackSteelPrivateEye

 
Drives: pontiac
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: md
Posts: 930
If I order one I want to hold on to my original for about a year or so in case I need to stick the old one back on for warranty reasons. Is there a limit as to when I can return my core?
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:41 PM   #268
Lazerbrainz2k3

 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Delco, PA
Posts: 923
Got mine! Unfortunately with no garage and rain in the forecast the next few nights leaving the trunk unlatched and the battery disconnected won't be an option, but I'll be putting it on tonight anyway. Maybe over the long weekend I'll have eight continuous hours to wipe the ECU properly.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:14 PM   #269
DougCBJ
 
Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
If I order one I want to hold on to my original for about a year or so in case I need to stick the old one back on for warranty reasons. Is there a limit as to when I can return my core?
15 days. I highly doubt they are going to let you keep the core long term. My advise is to return the core and if you do need a replacement for warranty work, you can typically get on forums for around $70. Or just eat the $120 for the peace of mind in the unlikely even that you will have warranty work that involves looking at the throttle body.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:49 PM   #270
Racerman27410
 
Racerman27410's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 SS 2SS
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Greensboro NC
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
Got mine! Unfortunately with no garage and rain in the forecast the next few nights leaving the trunk unlatched and the battery disconnected won't be an option, but I'll be putting it on tonight anyway. Maybe over the long weekend I'll have eight continuous hours to wipe the ECU properly.


i wouldnt let that stop me..... just install it and drive... plenty of people have and suffered no ill effects.
Racerman27410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:33 PM   #271
Lazerbrainz2k3

 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Delco, PA
Posts: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerman27410 View Post
i wouldnt let that stop me..... just install it and drive... plenty of people have and suffered no ill effects.
What I meant was I'd put it on immediately, enjoy it, then do the wipe later for a totally clean slate (even if the benefits at that point might be minor).

Which is what I'm doing - going out to install it now!
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 05:50 PM   #272
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC
Product Engineer

 
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Alabama
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit.fr View Post
Nice

what is the weight of this TB?
(to bring it back with me in my Luggages...)

Tx
2 lb and 10 oz.

Thanks.
__________________
Mike,
Soler Performance LLC,
mike@solerengineering.com
https://www.solerengineering.com/
(727) 667-9225
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:09 PM   #273
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC
Product Engineer

 
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Alabama
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
If I order one I want to hold on to my original for about a year or so in case I need to stick the old one back on for warranty reasons. Is there a limit as to when I can return my core?
Yes, you have 30 days after delivery to return your core for a refund, otherwise, we'll assume you decided to keep it and we'll use those funds to purchase a replacement for that core.

Please, understand that we need to keep that flow for the exchange program to work.

Thanks,
__________________
Mike,
Soler Performance LLC,
mike@solerengineering.com
https://www.solerengineering.com/
(727) 667-9225
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:19 PM   #274
ssmike
BL1ZZRD
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '13 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 7,455
I ordered Friday night, when can I expect mine to be shipped? Do you have enough cores in stock now?
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:11 PM   #275
Lazerbrainz2k3

 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Delco, PA
Posts: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I ordered Friday night, when can I expect mine to be shipped? Do you have enough cores in stock now?
I ordered Thursday morning, and it arrived this afternoon to PA near the Delaware border.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:34 PM   #276
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC
Product Engineer

 
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Alabama
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I ordered Friday night, when can I expect mine to be shipped? Do you have enough cores in stock now?
Mike, unfortunately, we don't have any. The first couple of weeks here at Camaro6, we saw many exchange orders in a very short period of time. That disrupted the flow of cores, now they are starting to come but still not enough to meet current demand.

We are not letting any open order age by more than 5 business days. If cores don't make it here within that time frame you'll get a brand new part at no extra cost to you.

It should all normalize soon when that first wave of order's cores get returned. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks.
__________________
Mike,
Soler Performance LLC,
mike@solerengineering.com
https://www.solerengineering.com/
(727) 667-9225
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:20 PM   #277
SHE'Z 18
 
SHE'Z 18's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 - M6
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: MI
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Mike, unfortunately, we don't have any. The first couple of weeks here at Camaro6, we saw many exchange orders in a very short period of time. That disrupted the flow of cores, now they are starting to come but still not enough to meet current demand.

We are not letting any open order age by more than 5 business days. If cores don't make it here within that time frame you'll get a brand new part at no extra cost to you.

It should all normalize soon when that first wave of order's cores get returned. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks.
Yet, one more reason why Mike and his team are so great to work with. Anyone waiting for one should be aware of one thing.... It's well worth the wait!!! Congrats to all in limbo. Relief is on its way
__________________
Sun + Fun = ZL1...
SHE'Z 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 05:54 AM   #278
ssmike
BL1ZZRD
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '13 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 7,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Mike, unfortunately, we don't have any. The first couple of weeks here at Camaro6, we saw many exchange orders in a very short period of time. That disrupted the flow of cores, now they are starting to come but still not enough to meet current demand.

We are not letting any open order age by more than 5 business days. If cores don't make it here within that time frame you'll get a brand new part at no extra cost to you.

It should all normalize soon when that first wave of order's cores get returned. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks.
Thank you Mike! I’ll be anxiously awaiting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE'Z 18 View Post
Yet, one more reason why Mike and his team are so great to work with. Anyone waiting for one should be aware of one thing.... It's well worth the wait!!! Congrats to all in limbo. Relief is on its way
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:09 AM   #279
Mick0311
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Redline
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: WA
Posts: 85
According to USPS mine will be here tomorrow.
I'll get the core shipped back to you Mike by the weekend to help with flow.
Mick0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:48 AM   #280
ssmike
BL1ZZRD
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '13 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 7,455
I just got the e-mail that it has shipped! Thanks Mike! I hope to have it for the holiday weekend so I can do the reset and log some miles!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.